Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Toot033 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I just updated to the latest version and the game was running well until ~ 2 days ago. It would intermittently load just the ground textures but after a file verification it would load normally. Now after selecting the load game the background and the system start to load it, the back ground splash screens that are behind the progress bar start to slow down until there is noting but a blank screen with the load bar and everything just stops. All my drivers are up to date and the verification does not find any issues. Since yesterday i have verified the game files 4 times with only one allowing the game to complete the saved game load. The one time that this was successful, it opened to the just ground display and nothing else.
Not sure if I have to completely uninstall and reinstall or this is happening to anyone else.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

I drank what.. Socrates
D
old hand
old hand
D
Hi there. I just came back from the game after about a half year break. After yesterday I saved the game and now when I try to load the game it will load the game in a broken state and then soft crash.

I made a screenshot but cant seem to find the option to add an attachment or id do that. But the screen is very dark and it looks like only the ground floor is loaded in. Is that the same issue as you got?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Same Error

Toot033 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I did find a sort of work around. I run the BG3.exe straight from the main folder and not through steam and it seems to work better

I drank what.. Socrates

Link Copied to Clipboard