Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Since the new patch, my game crashes at about 30% of the way through the first loading screen without fail. Below is a list of everything I have tried from my Google research. I'm completely out of options, so hopefully one of you guys can help.

Here's what I've tried:

Running the game in Direct X
Running the game in Vulkan
Running the game as Administrator
Doing that thing with holding shift etc
Removing all mods
Verifying game files
Reinstalling the game many times and onto different SSDs
Reinstalling the game onto a hard drive
Updating all drivers
Scanning for malware
Checking the firewall wasn't blocking the game

Specs:

Windows 10
RAM: 16GB
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor, 3775 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Last edited by 50dollarsuits; 03/04/22 12:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
I had a similar problem once, after trying to do everything you said and not getting it to stop crashing, I tried to increase the virtual memory of Windows 10, it was by default about 2GB, I increased it to 8GB and it didn't come back to give problems, I recommend that you check your virtual memory and try to set it to 8192MB or 16384MB and try to play the game, I hope that works well for you.

I tried that. I went to 16384 as the minimum threshold. Unfortunately, that made no difference. I am now downloading to do a full reinstall. Hopefully the combination of the two will do the trick.

C
stranger
stranger
C
did reinstalling work?

T
Banned
Banned
T
For me it does not crash at loading screen (but had instability issues with Patch 7 Lightning on High settings) but do these:
A. Update to newest Nvidia drives from Nvidia homepage and select your specific graphic card select the driver for that. NOTE: If you have instead AMD graphic card then of course update driver for that from AMD and not Nvidia.
B. Have everything else on maximum settings FULL HD, but reduce lighting on High to Low settings. If it crashes before you can go to settings
maybe you can edit some file so it starts Lightning with low settings.
C. Vulkan should be more stable and better then Direct X11.te
D. If still issues complete reinstall of BG3 even if would take more the 48 hours. Remove all mods.

I solved my instability issues with update newest Nvidia drivers, Vulkan and set Lightning from High to low.
If Lightning on Low settings seems rock solid for you then you can try of course Medium settings.
I have not yet tried Lightning on Medium yes settings recently installed whole BG3 and had never tried Patch 6 or Patch 7 before.

This is my hardware:

CPU released 2018 and that year 2018 I bought it.
AMD RYZEN 5 2600 X with in TURBO speed 4,2 GHZ 6 cores and 12 threads.

Nvidia 1070 Titanium 8 GB DDR5

My RAM:
16 GB DDR4 3200 MHZ
( G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 16GB KIT 3200Mhz)

Motherboard is a budget (not high budget) gaming motherboard:
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS, Socket-AM4

Power source is very good and only PLATINUM is better then GOLD standard.
PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 650W 80+ GOLD

I run still Windows 10 and have not upgraded to Windows 11.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 04/06/22 11:13 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
Almost offtopic but the game MANHUNTER was (still is) free legally to download from EPIC store. I will not going to into details about it, but main plot is that you are shark to begin with.

Anyway Manhunter was relased 2020 and have certainly had time to patch up. That said it was ROCK solid on MAXIMUM graphics FULL HD resolution on my computer. Manhunter uses Unreal Engine 4 ,but is optimized to run well as well on Playstation 4 and Nintendo.

That said I really hope they make Baldurs Gate 3 more stable for all of us. Currently seems that if you have maximum settings in BG3 and do not take down settings from Lightning maximum graphics then game is unstable.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 11/06/22 06:33 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard