V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a new hotfix for you all today, taking care of a few crashes and bugs.

Do you ever wonder, ‘How could they have possibly known I did that?’ in an awkward social situation? Well, for some reason, NPCs at Camp and in the Druid Grove were becoming hostile if you had trespassed in other areas. Omniscience is neat, but not if it leads to bloodshed. We’ve put some metaphorical blinkers on everyone, so they have no choice but to turn a blind eye towards your misadventures. Just don’t tell them about it.

Thank you for your work reporting issues to us via our socials, forums, support, and more - your feedback is important to us! Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CRASHES

• Fixed a crash related to the turn order in combat after a character has died.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you cancelled your spell-casting animation immediately after triggering it.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading a savegame while the game was experiencing low FPS.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a summoned Familiar that was holding Concentration was killed.
  • Fixed a crash related to the hook horror and bulette combat situations.

GAMEPLAY

• The NPCs at Camp and in the Druid Grove area no longer become hostile if you have trespassed in another area such as the Zhent Hideout. This fix also applies to older save games.
  • The 'Command: Halt' spell no longer has placeholder VFX around the affected character's head.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Would someone be so kind as to tell me where I can find the update to download it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
(EDIT: I made the following post before running the game with the hotfix. Under D3d it would not run--the screen flickered wildly and that's all it did--until I rebooted! When in doubt, reboot...;) It worked fine after that. In case anyone else has a problem--try rebooting. Windows 11 build 22593.100. BTW, I do not recall having to reboot before in either a main patch or a hotfix. Either way--no big deal at all.)

I just downloaded it through GOG. Small--70MBs.

Still waiting for Larian to give us a mute control for the narrator. I cannot believe how they are dragging their feet on this important point. I get into the game deeply and all of sudden this discordant voice just breaks the spell--like a bucket of cold seawater thrown in my face...;) It really is disconcerting.

This game began with a volume control (with mute) for the narration--DOS2 put one in, too, by popular demand. But there has been no explanation as to why it's been taken out of BG3--it was there at the first of the game. Surely someone can comment on this?

Here's an idea that just occurred to me--a la' the Witcher 3, if you don't want to take the narration out with an optional mute button, then having the primary character's voice mouth those words as though he's thinking them or talking to himself--that would be a lot better than what is atm. I wonder if you guys have thought about that...? You'd at least have some continuity there. A narrator popping in who is not a major character in the game is simply disconcerting, imo. Of course, you already know this as I've only commented on it about 25,356 times in the last few months...;)

BTW, I love what's being done with the character model graphics!...last patch, really impressive work! Faces look naturally animated--I mean really good stuff--professional quality, imo. Some of the best I've ever seen in a game--I play D3d with HDR on a display HDR-1000 certified monitor with a 6700 XT 12GB at 4k. I can only imagine how incredible the game will look when finished!

Last edited by Waltc; 08/04/22 09:44 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
I decided to write another post here rather than edit the first one, because this is important. What happened to me yesterday (see above post) turned out to be a problem with the latest Win11 beta build, 22593, being flaky. So, I don't think what I described happening actually happened because of the #23 Hotfix, but because of the Win11 build I was using. So far, these builds have been stable enough not to present problems like that. I reverted to the previous build, 22581, and all is well. Everything now works properly, I'm happy to say.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by V_Ben
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a new hotfix for you all today, taking care of a few crashes and bugs.

Do you ever wonder, ‘How could they have possibly known I did that?’ in an awkward social situation? Well, for some reason, NPCs at Camp and in the Druid Grove were becoming hostile if you had trespassed in other areas. Omniscience is neat, but not if it leads to bloodshed. We’ve put some metaphorical blinkers on everyone, so they have no choice but to turn a blind eye towards your misadventures. Just don’t tell them about it.

Thank you for your work reporting issues to us via our socials, forums, support, and more - your feedback is important to us! Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CRASHES

• Fixed a crash related to the turn order in combat after a character has died.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you cancelled your spell-casting animation immediately after triggering it.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading a savegame while the game was experiencing low FPS.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a summoned Familiar that was holding Concentration was killed.
  • Fixed a crash related to the hook horror and bulette combat situations.

GAMEPLAY

• The NPCs at Camp and in the Druid Grove area no longer become hostile if you have trespassed in another area such as the Zhent Hideout. This fix also applies to older save games.
  • The 'Command: Halt' spell no longer has placeholder VFX around the affected character's head.

V_Ben : Ummm.... some news.... pretty please? smile After Pax and all.... plus, they mentioned an update on the "road so far" video! Yes? Yes? laugh

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Yeah im kinda affraid that few-second screenshot and video montage was exactly their "road so far". :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard