Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nyelin #813688 17/04/22 01:14 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nyelin
Please put in some sort of dirt control into the game.
A toggle would be fine but they could also add the Prestidigitation cantrip and let us use the many sources of water we find to clean off. Mending would be used for clothing/armour damage.

I like the mechanic itself but it should mostly affect melee characters and definitely should not affect characters that don't get hit. Simple exploring also should not make us look like we rolled around in the mud all day.

Nyelin #813691 17/04/22 02:53 AM
A
A
+1 for a toggle on/off
I cannot stand my sorcerer/wizard looking like a coal miner after taking a short walk around a Druid's Grove. It literally looks like she was digging dirt with her face...

Nyelin #813694 17/04/22 05:24 AM
A
addict
addict
A
or some sort of cool off timer. during or post battle you look dirty and bloody.. but after few minutes later you can clean yourself up automatically. i'm no big fan of seeing dirty or bloody characters all the time. if we have to go inn or some pool of water to clean ourselves up it seems too much micromanage. it's like a real-life sim.. they may be keep nagging you that they want to go toilet.. even during the fights.

Nyelin #813697 17/04/22 06:27 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
there is literally a place to wash yourself. the water pump in front of the blacksmith door in the blighted village.

Nyelin #813745 18/04/22 10:52 PM
stranger
stranger
Prestidigitation cantrip. Boom problem solved.

Nyelin #813747 19/04/22 05:55 AM
veteran
veteran
Except when your character cant cast it.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Nyelin #813748 19/04/22 05:59 AM
addict
addict
Larian trying to be <atmospheric> with their game ends up being comedic and annoying. Yup lol. I understand now why we wont have day/night and etc...

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 19/04/22 06:00 AM.
Nyelin #813749 19/04/22 06:57 AM
old hand
old hand
I like the dirt mechanic actually. If you are fighting through a dirty dungeon, cleaning after each fight does not seem high priority. At least soldiers in our world sometimes have to stay dirty for a prolonged time. But the dirt grows too fast and the end result has to be wayyy more subtle than it is now, not like the thick mud packs we see, it's comically sad.

Nyelin #834374 11/12/22 02:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
We need :
- to be able to toggle off the dirty mode
- not to get fully dirty after barely a few moves
It would be really nice.

geala #834377 11/12/22 03:07 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by geala
I like the dirt mechanic actually. If you are fighting through a dirty dungeon, cleaning after each fight does not seem high priority. At least soldiers in our world sometimes have to stay dirty for a prolonged time. But the dirt grows too fast and the end result has to be wayyy more subtle than it is now, not like the thick mud packs we see, it's comically sad.

This is my main thought on it as well.

1. A toggle to turn it on and off.
2. Even when it is on it shouldn't be as crazy looking as it is unless you haven't rested for quite some time.

Nyelin #834984 15/12/22 02:07 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
From the patch 9 patchnote :
- You now accrue dirt and blood more slowly, Prone makes you a bit dirtier, and Wet cleans you.
So having a caster with create water is now the new best way to take an AoE shower!

snowram #835081 15/12/22 11:29 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by snowram
From the patch 9 patchnote :
- You now accrue dirt and blood more slowly, Prone makes you a bit dirtier, and Wet cleans you.
So having a caster with create water is now the new best way to take an AoE shower!
Yeah, but still no complete toggle off function in sight frown

Nyelin #836374 19/12/22 04:53 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
As odd as that sounds, I found it hilarious to have the characters get dirtier and more roughed up as the battles piled up, particularly when there was a cutscene where they were bickering at each other. It felt immersive, because that's exactly what happens to me and mine when we go camping. I was sad to see that all the Patch 9 cutscenes feature "Hollywood medieval", squeaky-clean characters with pressed clothes and unblemished skin.

Now the characters get battered up on the playing view (I came back from fighting the tree guardians with a party full of purple eyes), but whenever the cinematic view turns on, it was light, cameras, action.

I might have dreamt it, but wasn't there a dirt toggle in the options menu at one point? That would allow for both types of players to get what they want.

BeeBee #836383 19/12/22 05:37 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BeeBee
I might have dreamt it, but wasn't there a dirt toggle in the options menu at one point? That would allow for both types of players to get what they want.
Nah, that's why the topic was brought up.

I still have hopes for a toggle. I get that people might want it, you brought up a good reason for starters.

I am just glad that I don't have to look like on the brink of death during mandatory cutscenes at camp laugh

Nyelin #836451 19/12/22 10:31 PM
journeyman
journeyman
This patch has fixed the dirt problem! Sort of. They got rid of dirt for your character. They say they made it harder for you to get dirty, but no. They straight up deleted it. I have been knocked down in mud, blasted in the face with explosions, and had acid thrown all over my party and nothing. Not even a blemish. They went overboard with it, then they went overboard in toning it down.

Last edited by PixieStix2; 19/12/22 10:31 PM.
PixieStix2 #836682 20/12/22 04:20 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PixieStix2
This patch has fixed the dirt problem! Sort of. They got rid of dirt for your character. They say they made it harder for you to get dirty, but no. They straight up deleted it. I have been knocked down in mud, blasted in the face with explosions, and had acid thrown all over my party and nothing. Not even a blemish. They went overboard with it, then they went overboard in toning it down.
I'm pretty sure the cuts and bruises do appear when characters are low on HP, can't say about dirt, I'm still not over resting and/or throwing water over everyone each time I can.

Not taking any chances here laugh

Nyelin #836740 20/12/22 08:44 PM
addict
addict
Good.

I hated the dirt.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard