Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
The adorable displacer kitten is ready to go to my camp!

[Linked Image from mythicspoiler.com]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
The adorable displacer kitten is ready to go to my camp!

[Linked Image from mythicspoiler.com]

Ok. I want one too. 😁

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Archaven
love the looks of jaheira and not sure if possible if she could return in bg3.. would love to romance her.
She appeared in datamined material (both written lines and interactions with Helsin and items) - so she is likely to make an appearance.

I am still not buying Helsin as a companion due him not being an origin. If Minsc will be a companion/origin, I wouldn't discount a possibility of Jaheira being one as well. That said those would be two "legacy" characters, and that's not something that we have seen in BG3 so far. I haven't seen Larian as much interested in continuing BG2 too directly - or maybe they are keeping those things to themselves for 1.0. I would peg Jaheira for a meetable (important?) NPCs.

Jaheira is a rare with choose a background, just like Wyll, Gale, Lae'zel, and Shadowheart, so that could je a hint they plan to make her a companion.

The game really needs a none evil, attractive female origin character.

Speaking of Shadowheart and Wyll, Shadowheart is straight up one of the best card draw cards in mono black. Wyll on the other hand is the dice lord. First mono red Warlock (Warlocks were supposed to be secondary in red, but then AFR and Innistrad happened). Wyll is going to be very popular in Farideh and Delina decks. Ozolith goes well with him too.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tahapenes
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
So based on this
not only the long lived companions already speculated about could make a cameo, but also others who were less expected like Imoen, Mazzy, Dinheirin (minsc's witch) and even more weird, they don't look like they aged on the artwork but rather as if they're based on their BG2 appearance. Moreover, wasn't sarevok and the fir-something- red dragon supossed to be dead ?
Anyways, cool, at least someone is giving us a few crumbles of information to speculate about BG3 (yes, Larian, looking at you, do something).

LMFAO. I remember Dineheirin being dead by BG2, maybe BG3 goes crazy with True Resurrection spells?

You are quite correct. Dineheir and Khalid are quite dead at the start of BG2 (their bodies are found in Irenicus' lab). Of the BG1 companions that survived into BG2 and show up was Imoen, Minsc, Jaheria, and Viconnia. Vic (if you don't romance her), she'd still be alive and around for BG3 and seeing her and seeing how she interacts with Shadowheart would be *very* interesting.
You meet more companions from BG1 in BG2: Quayle, Coran, Ajantis to name a few ( although I'm not sure, If Ajantis was part of Unfinished Business).

Last edited by fylimar; 24/05/22 03:37 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I am not sure Halsin would become a companion. There are cards for both him and Zevlor, and Zevlor is very unlikely to become one, I suspect they are just two important NPC for the plot.

However, I did not see a card for the datamined bard companion. If Larian decided to remove her, maybe Halsin has a chance to become her replacement.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Archaven
love the looks of jaheira and not sure if possible if she could return in bg3.. would love to romance her.
She appeared in datamined material (both written lines and interactions with Helsin and items) - so she is likely to make an appearance.

I am still not buying Helsin as a companion due him not being an origin. If Minsc will be a companion/origin, I wouldn't discount a possibility of Jaheira being one as well. That said those would be two "legacy" characters, and that's not something that we have seen in BG3 so far. I haven't seen Larian as much interested in continuing BG2 too directly - or maybe they are keeping those things to themselves for 1.0. I would peg Jaheira for a meetable (important?) NPCs.

seeing halsin has been actively promoted by larian (halsin appeared as fanart in their tweets) it will be conflicting with halsin since jaheira is a fighter/druid. larian probably wanted to promote their own characters rather than said old returning ones. if larian can only bring her in as a cameo then the only hope we have probably just from mod. but again due to voiced companions it will be terribly strange to include modded characters that doesnt speak smirk. due to popularity i would say larian bringing in minsc has higher chance than said jaheira. saw an imoen card too will be great if we get to see her as well.

Last edited by Archaven; 24/05/22 10:34 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Volsalex
I am not sure Halsin would become a companion. There are cards for both him and Zevlor, and Zevlor is very unlikely to become one, I suspect they are just two important NPC for the plot.

However, I did not see a card for the datamined bard companion. If Larian decided to remove her, maybe Halsin has a chance to become her replacement.
🤞🤞🤞 that Halsin is a companion!!!

For Zevlor from his cards it looks like
he went dark side and might be an antagonist!

Last edited by Icelyn; 24/05/22 11:24 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm wondering, if some (many ? ) of characters of "Battle For Baldur's Gate" trading card game will be in BG3, that means that Mahadi could be there ? If so, it means that Rakshasa will be modelized in game ? Can we dream to be allowed to play as Rakshasa in BG3 ? (At least in a mod maybe...)

veteran
veteran
Tbh apart from Anomen, Minsc is the least character, I want to see return, sadly that seems to be a done deal.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Tbh apart from Anomen, Minsc is the least character, I want to see return, sadly that seems to be a done deal.
Same here. Don't particularly like the idea of having Minsc in my party. But for my good-only party I will have no choice. frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Same here. Don't particularly like the idea of having Minsc in my party. But for my good-only party I will have no choice. frown

I like Minsc. He was one of my favorites in the first two games.

That said, it's weird to me that he's still alive in any way, shape or form. Like Volo, it's bizarre and feels forced. Jaheira's enough of a stretch, but Minsc is human. It's been like 120ish years since 1 and 2. Come on now. Let the man rest in piece - him and Boo both.

veteran
veteran
It is explained in comics ... mindreaker was its name i believe?

Basicaly its not him ...
Its his (theirs?) statue that was brought to life after stuck by bolt of wild magic ...

Here:
https://images.app.goo.gl/NGQ4u8ecVjbzgUf66

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
That said, it's weird to me that he's still alive in any way, shape or form. Like Volo, it's bizarre and feels forced. Jaheira's enough of a stretch, but Minsc is human. It's been like 120ish years since 1 and 2. Come on now. Let the man rest in piece - him and Boo both.
I agree. It sounds very "comic-booksy" to me - no character that can make money for the company will die (at least not permanently). Of course, it all depends on how it will be pulled off narratively. One can forgive contrivances if the end product is better for it.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
It is explained in comics ... mindreaker was its name i believe?

It sounds very "comic-booksy" to me
Still not sold on the idea.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by kanisatha

I like Minsc. He was one of my favorites in the first two games.

I agree. The explanation given for why he's alive is utterly ridiculous. And I did like him in the old games. But now, 20 years later, I need a little more depth to my party companions. smile That's why I worded it as "I don't like the idea of Minsc in my party," and not that I don't like Minsc.

A
addict
addict
A
the only thing that i hate minsc was that purple circle on his bald head. wondering what's that for and if serve a purpose otherwise i like it removed though.

veteran
veteran
Well, it is a little silly explanation ... true ...
But (and feel free to corect me) Minsc allways seemed from my limited resources, like a little silly character. laugh

veteran
veteran
Well, it is a little silly explanation ... true ...
But (and feel free to corect me) Minsc allways seemed from my limited resources, like a little silly character. laugh

Yeah true. But at least he had a more reasonable and intelligent backstory. He was a little crazy because of a head injury, and so what made him so funny and enjoyable was that he was a little nuts in the head.

But him being alive with some ridiculous story about the Statue of him, it just seems a bit of a forced stretch.

But hey, I'm not just picking on him. Volo's, "I'm still alive even though I'm human" story is equally stupid.

veteran
veteran
Shouldnt we first know the reason he is alive, before we judge it as stupid? laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 25/05/22 03:48 PM.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Shouldnt we first know the reason he is alive, before we judge it as stupid? laugh

I have not read the comics. But as I understand it Minsc & Boo were turned to stone at some point after BG2. Then healed back to normal a little bit before Descent Into Avernus I believe(not sure how/why/when exactly).

Personally I don't have a problem with this. It is 100% possible to happen in this universe...hell we fight Drow that have been turned to stone for longer than Minsc & Boo in the Spectator fight in the UD.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OcO

I have not read the comics. But as I understand it Minsc & Boo were turned to stone at some point after BG2. Then healed back to normal a little bit before Descent Into Avernus I believe(not sure how/why/when exactly).

Personally I don't have a problem with this. It is 100% possible to happen in this universe...hell we fight Drow that have been turned to stone for longer than Minsc & Boo in the Spectator fight in the UD.
No, it's much worse than this. The actual Minsc from the original games is dead. In Baldur's Gate, a statue was erected to celebrate Minsc as one of the heroes of the city. A surge of wild magic in the area of the statue caused the statue to come to life. *That's* who the current Minsc is! Seriously stupid.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard