Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#814354 29/04/22 02:53 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Options are pretty self explanatory, I think.

Needs More Balance Poll
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 29/04/22 02:47 AM
More 5e
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 29/04/22 02:51 AM
DOS Poll
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 29/04/22 02:53 AM
veteran
veteran
I voted that I enjoy the current gameplay and that as far as 5e and DOS go, I don’t mind/care as long as it’s fun.

Last edited by Icelyn; 29/04/22 03:22 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
[x] I still think the rules need some tweaks
Yeah, "some".

veteran
veteran
1) I still think the rules need some tweaks And heavy, heavy balancing

2) Needs more D&D 5e, but some homebrew is fine if it makes sense Moving closer to 5e would be desirable, as at this moment it is just a better system. Of course don't mind homebrew as long as it enhances the experience, rather then detracts from it. So more minor bonuses fit for BG3 engine, less gutted or broken systems like reactions, push or bonkers action economy

3) I don't mind a blend of both as long as it's fun My issues with BG3 are with it's problematic design, not that it is not like 5e (which I know relatively little of). I believe it will be tricky to create fun mix between those games as they are the opposites when it comes to basic designs and systems, but as long as the end product is fun I don't care where the ideas come from.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Voted 2-2-2.

For the third vote in particular I avoided the third option like a bubonic plague (even if at first look it's the one that SEEMS to be worded to sound like "the reasonable middle ground") because if this EA taught me something is that you can't really rely on some concept as vague and insubstantial as "As long as it's fun", especially when Larian is the one in charge of deciding what "fun" would equate to (in particular given that for them it seems to be basically a synonym of "Broken, cheesy, easily exploitable" ).

Last edited by Tuco; 29/04/22 12:51 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Also voted 2-2-2 and I'll second the opinion that option #3 of poll #3 is meaningless. Everyone has a different definition of "fun". Option #3 also is answering a different question than options #1 and 2 answer and is somewhat redundant with those options. I want the game to be less like DOSII because I think the game would be more fun that way, but this doesn't mean I want zero DOSII.

To make all 3 options valid (unique answers to the same question), either:
a.) option #3 should read ""BG3 currently has the perfect amount of DOSII"
b.) options #1 (and 2) should read "BG3 should be 100 (or 0%) DOSII"

I don't think it's necessary to make an entire new poll; I just suggest entirely ignoring option #3. The significance of poll #3 comes from the first two options.

apprentice
apprentice
2-2-2 train GO!

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Also voted 2-2-2 and I'll second the opinion that option #3 of poll #3 is meaningless. Everyone has a different definition of "fun". Option #3 also is answering a different question than options #1 and 2 answer and is somewhat redundant with those options. I want the game to be less like DOSII because I think the game would be more fun that way, but this doesn't mean I want zero DOSII.

To make all 3 options valid (unique answers to the same question), either:
a.) option #3 should read ""BG3 currently has the perfect amount of DOSII"
b.) options #1 (and 2) should read "BG3 should be 100 (or 0%) DOSII"

I don't think it's necessary to make an entire new poll; I just suggest entirely ignoring option #3. The significance of poll #3 comes from the first two options.

Meh. Quite honestly, I included it only because I've seen people say things like option 3 out here often enough. They just don't care as long as it's fun. So, I thought I would include it. I also agree that "as long as it's fun" is very subjective.

veteran
veteran
I think maybe these polls need to be more specific, if you want them to be helpful. If they're too vague, most people will naturally hedge to the median

Last edited by Sozz; 29/04/22 09:53 PM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I think maybe these polls need to be more specific, if you want them to be helpful. If they're too vague, most people will naturally hedge to the median

Lol. Some say to be less specific. Now I'm being told to be more specific.

veteran
veteran
Lies, Damn Lies, and Internet Straw Polls.

W
W
i'd say in context of the state of this game and on this forum specifically, the polls are specific enough. We all know what the problems with this game are, there are thousands of posts detailing that and it doesn't need another recap.

Last edited by williams85; 30/04/22 04:02 AM.
old hand
old hand
I find it hilarious that no one has actually voted for wanting 100% raw DnD 5E.

It's almost like certain people were knowingly being disingenuous about calling people purists over all the arguments about certain rules, when it turns out there really weren't any purists here at all, and all the arguments were mostly from a standpoint of the mechanics being nonsensical and imbalanced rather than a purity/rules lawyer standpoint.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 01/05/22 10:44 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari

It's almost like certain people were knowingly being disingenuous about calling people purists over all the arguments about certain rules, when it turns out there really weren't any purists here at all, and all the arguments were mostly from a standpoint of the mechanics being nonsensical rather than a purity standpoint.

If you complain about BG3, you must be irrational and crazy.

veteran
veteran
I dont like this poll ...
Im sory, but it seems too vague on some parts, and too specific on others. frown

I doubt it will tell us anything in the end. :-/

1)
I kinda like rules as they are now ... yet i would not mind some tweaks ...
I believe some tweaks could be welcomed ... yet im not exactly sure the game "needs" them ...

What should i pick? :-/

2)
What is it exactly "some homebrew" ?
In my opinion that would be curent situation ... but is it? And does everybody who voted it see it the same? :-/

And how exactly should we decide what "makes sense" ? :-/

3)
What exactly does it even mean "be like DOS" ? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/05/22 10:46 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
I picked answer 2 in all questions.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I voted 2-1-2..."Cuz give an inch and they take a mile".

Home-brew and poetic license ultimately happen, but are best added to our food in sprinkles.

enthusiast
enthusiast
2-2-2

It's almost like certain people were knowingly being disingenuous about calling people purists over all the arguments about certain rules, when it turns out there really weren't any purists here at all, and all the arguments were mostly from a standpoint of the mechanics being nonsensical and imbalanced rather than a purity/rules lawyer standpoint.

This.

W
W

It's a conspiracy, just to trow you off our scent...

Link Copied to Clipboard