Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I hope not ... they are a little too skinny for my taste. :-/
I could imagine Yuan-ti for example using that skeleton, but Dragonborns should be a lot more bulky in my honest opinion. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Lizardfolk is a (Volo's Guide to Monsters) playable race in 5e and seems like a better match for Larian's DOS Lizard models imo.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wonder ... and this topic seems like good place to ask ...

Do you expect Larian to use their DoS Lizard model in BG-3 ?
Im almost affraid to say it out loud, but for example for Dragonborn race?

Probably. They wouldn't have to tweak it much, from what I've seen of the lizard model.

I doubt it tbh. Especially the female lizards of DOS2 do not look like Dragonborn at all, and depending on which DnD art you are referencing, male Lizards don't either.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wonder ... and this topic seems like good place to ask ...

Do you expect Larian to use their DoS Lizard model in BG-3 ?
Im almost affraid to say it out loud, but for example for Dragonborn race?
I doubt it. I didn't really see major reused assets from DOS2 in BG3 so... Besides, Lizards' style looks different to BG3's and they would stick out like a sore thumb.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Lizardfolk is a (Volo's Guide to Monsters) playable race in 5e and seems like a better match for Larian's DOS Lizard models imo.
Partialy agree ... it would certainly be better match, but still not quite good one. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Gotta start somewhere, is my thought. The lizardfolk in Dos2 at least gives them a starting template.

It's like with humans. They're HOPEFULLY going to create different body types for them. Right? So, start with the lizardfolk in Dos2 and start tweaking the design. That's gotta be easier than starting from scratch, I would imagine.

But then... what do I know?

veteran
veteran
I assume Gnome and Bard have been grouped together similar to Sorcerer and dragonblood

The Bard being a little bit of everything would perhaps take longer than expected

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
I assume Gnome and Bard have been grouped together similar to Sorcerer and dragonblood

The Bard being a little bit of everything would perhaps take longer than expected

If you mean that gnomes as a playable race will be released at the same time as bard as a playable class because of Sorcerers, I have to disappoint you. Not saying it can't happen but no new race was released as playable with patch 6 that came with the sorcerer class. Dragonic bloodline is a sorcerer subclass and is not to be mixed up with the race Dragonborn.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 27/06/22 01:46 AM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Kinda disagree. If adding more races takes away from resources that could make the preexisting races more in-depth, I would prefer the efforts be spent on increasing depth, as opposed to increasing character customization options. I don't think more customization choices are necessary; I would rather the already existing customization choices be given more depth.
I wouldn't be against the addition of 1 or 2 additional races beyond PHB, if it enhanced the overall experience (i.e., those races are somehow necessary to the total game experience).

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
My previous comment was not a constructive one. If I could wish a few BG3 races into existence, I'd go with Kenku and Warforged because I think you would get really cool tags with them.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard