Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#816693 13/06/22 05:40 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I feel like a dope. Played the beginning of BG3 countless times and never once made this connection.

Zariel's Flying Fortress in Descent into Avernus:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...fodDYA8WFLZHHZiGGGb6iE3wAsJeLU-RyS8unerw

BG3 floating Roman Numerals:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...egSbgNX-wn5-2OmSKkEJB_ififXio4PQrOeASBQQ

The three floating blade like monoliths are flying fortresses - one being Zariel's. [Slaps forehead.]

I'm sorry, but that just became 10 times more awesome to me. Kudos Larian! Well done. So sorry I never made the connection.

Last edited by GM4Him; 13/06/22 05:44 AM.
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
I don't remember which site(here, Reddit or Steam), but I remember someone thinking they were the symbol for Monster energy drinks. I also seem to recall someone claiming it was a political/social commentary or something like that too, but it was indeed pointed out they are flying fortresses.

veteran
veteran
You don't pay attention GM4Him smile. Someone already pointed it out. They are clearly features in the opening cinematic.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
You don't pay attention GM4Him smile. Someone already pointed it out. They are clearly features in the opening cinematic.

I know. So ashamed. SO ashamed.

veteran
veteran
It's okay, we al miss silly things some times ^.^

I was distantly amused by the person who was insisting that they were some kind of actual anti-christian satan worship... that was just hilarious on multiple levels.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
It's okay, we al miss silly things some times ^.^

I was distantly amused by the person who was insisting that they were some kind of actual anti-christian satan worship... that was just hilarious on multiple levels.

Yeah. I remember that. The troll.

I don't know. All I could see was Roman Numeral 3... III. Like BG III.

Still shaking my head.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Wormerine

I know. So ashamed. SO ashamed.
SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!

apprentice
apprentice
What really still keeps me hopeful, being a complete lore sucker for FR, is that there's a lot of valid inuendos in terms of foreshadowing greater, obscure FR lore tying together to the main story. I'm sure there are a lot more for people to discover in terms of plot, seeing nobody really talks about it.

apprentice
apprentice
Tying all the above with the Netherese influence in the tadpoles and current 5e metaplot, as well as the Sharrans being involved, it sure as hell keeps things still very interesting for me laugh

apprentice
apprentice

Not digging for the greater plot either, ^ Anybody wonder's why there are 2 dead Ilithid there ?

veteran
veteran
The nautiloid is under attack from the gith dragon riders, it's implied that's why our tadpole isn't finished properly

veteran
veteran
But those corpses were laying there long before your tadpole was even insterted ...
Personaly i wonder who killed them ... my gues is:

The illithid we see ...
I dont think they were alies.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
The Nautiloid is under attack before the movie starts, it picked up Shadowheart possibly at creche k'liir (where she might have stolen the artefact), and the gith have been trying to get the weapon back since. That's my theory at least

The tadpoles are "finished" at Moonrise, where the nautiloid takes it's implanted captives. We crashed before being handed off to The Absolute.

Last edited by Sozz; 14/06/22 04:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
The idea that we finish baking at Moonrise is supposition. It's presented as a possibility, but we can't be sure.

Something else could be going on. There could, for instance, be factions of illithids, which would support Rag's theory. I don't find the suggestion far fetched.

Regarding creche k'liir and Shadowheart... maybe. But the gith we meet at the pass are hunting the weapon, and they aren't from creche k'liir.

veteran
veteran
It's supposition yes, that's all my theory. I'm basing the Moonrise bit on some dialogue where the Drows first memory is of Moonrise.

veteran
veteran
I dare to believe the weapon was not in Gith possession or at least not recently ... and if it was, it was not stolen by Shadowheart from them ...
Since Honored Kith'rak specificaly tells us that they are hunting weapon from "Ghaik slave ship" ... rather than mentioning thief that was on board. O_o

Also concidering Panel from hell 3 (the most noble sacrifice) ...
There was some woman in the end looking a little like shadow, who killed the actual thief.
That could also be a hint.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 14/06/22 04:59 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Another theory is that it was in Hell, Shadowheart or someone brought it back from Avernus during the Descent, which is why the nautiloid was raiding Elturel, picking up Shadowheart who had it in her possession, the question remains how Lae'zel got aboard though.

apprentice
apprentice
That is speculation though, as we see the ship has suffered no damages at this point and neither Ilithid seem to have suffered physical injuries.

apprentice
apprentice
Rogue Flayers,
as we see one in the myconid colony
are a thing, heck even cults exist within Ilithid society that undermine even their own kind

apprentice
apprentice
Also, keep in mind this is the very first time a working nautiloid is exposed in the Realms. The Ilithid at this point have long lost the technology to create more vessels, and those remaining are not to be risked in such aggressive operations because Githyanki can track them down easily. The Ilithid that insters us the tadpole is in no way part of typical Elder Brain, a corrupted one might, but in any case it serves the Absolute.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard