Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#817679 27/06/22 02:04 PM
OP Offline
I think it would be great quality of life feature, if we could auto-jump outside combat. Solasta did it ok, so BG3 could use this experience, what do you think

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I feel that if there is the jump won't damage us it would be neater if game just autojumped.

Do I also remember it right that autopathing doesn't recognise ladders or vines or am I confusing games?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Do I also remember it right that autopathing doesn't recognise ladders or vines or am I confusing games?

It does, checked that this morning even.

I would very much like the autojump feature implemented.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Oh, I don't know if that's a good idea. Sometimes you can jump into really strange places, especially on characters with high stats.
In the long run, this can prove more annoying than helpful.

OP Offline
In my head system works like this - you click somewhere on the ground, and if your character has an obstacle on their way, he'll jump over it. So even in the endgame, when you have 20 str, it will be helpful

add hexblade warlock, pls
M
M
It does get tiring to micromanage jumping in some areas already and I can see it becoming more frustrating the more you play, as I imagine this will be a really long game with a lot of areas to explore. Though i agree that it needs to be implemented well otherwise it can get frustrating. I remember when i tried Solasta i was surprised how well the game handled movement, it felt very smooth. I did not like that game overall as much as BG3 but this was something it did very well I think. Also i liked that they implemented Feather Fall as a true reaction.

Link Copied to Clipboard