Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Remember bestiary from Withcer 3? Or codex from Mass effect trilogy? Not only it helped new players to inderstand the world, but also gave it a broader look on the world we were in. It added immersion and attachment ro the fantasy while providing useful information.

My suggestion is to make something like that in BG3. It could consist of Bestiary for creatures and monsters with lore and stats info(and maybe we could fill it with new recordings throughout our journey), tutorials and just discriptions of the main events(such as Descent into Avernus for example)

I know that it is rather a feature for full release, but whatever

Last edited by mercurial_ann; 29/06/22 09:02 AM.

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
This was allready suggested few times. smile
We all hope. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
OP Offline
I played multiplayer today with a friend who never touched BG3 before. When we reached underdark and encountered minothaurs, he asked if there is a bestiary somewhere to read about monsters. I didn't tell him about this thread, I didn't set this up) I think bestiary would help new players learn about dnd world more through this game

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
veteran
You can see detailed info on the monster though - right click and inspect? Or something like that.

That is pretty much what bestiary would include anyway.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Bestiary and codex is something I can fully support and really wish to see, especially if that would mean that you won't need to keep all the books and notes as items. Or some clockable lore notes in dialogues akin to Pathfinder games or Battletech (2018). DOS2 was severely lacking this kind of QoL stuff.
Originally Posted by Wormerine
You can see detailed info on the monster though - right click and inspect? Or something like that.

That is pretty much what bestiary would include anyway.
That's more abour lore about the creature rather than its stats.

Link Copied to Clipboard