Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#818241 01/07/22 09:44 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Are there any plans to add more gods? I know that'll add more permutations, but I'd love to be a cleric/paladin of Lathander.

Any gods you'd like to see?

old hand
old hand
Hopefully Waukeen for Clerics and Raven Queen as Patron for Warlocks. But the latter could be a long time coming, if Larian even has it on his radar?

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Lathander is on the menu! I hope we can get some exclusive reactions. So far I've only gotten cleric-specific stuff.

Last edited by SecondAchaius; 13/07/22 07:29 PM.
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Popular on the Sword coast:

Helm

Selune

Mielikki

Popular followers: Drizzt Do'Uurden

Sune

Lathander

Waukeen

Mystra

Popular followers: Elminster

Tempus

Tymora

Tyr

Ilmater

Selune's Elvin aspect

Sehanine Moonbow

Popular among Bards and everyone else for her Annual Party Day.

Lliira

Influential faction: The Scarlet Mummers

Sea Domain:

Valkur

Umberlee

Popular among Firbolg and other Giants

Hiatea

Besides all of these, the evil pantheons were also worshiped, but were considered cults.

There are more of course, that I am sure I missed.

Last edited by Van'tal; 15/07/22 09:22 AM.
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
We should also have representatives from the major racial groups, as well as the more general deities. A Dwarf or Gnome Cleric is just as likely to worship their own racial pantheon as they are to be a follower of a more general deity.

The Morndinsamman, or Dwarvish pantheon.

The Seldarine, or Elvish (and sometime Half-Elf) pantheon, and it's counterpart, the Dark Seldarine, which is the Drow pantheon.

Yondalla's Children, the Halfing pantheon.

The Lords of the Golden Hills, the Gnome pantheon.

There are a lot more, but we're only likely to get a couple more races.

Half-Orcs don't often worship in the Orc pantheon unless they are being raised in a mostly Orc community (and even then, Orcs in the many Arrows kingdom are more likely to worship some other patron deity).

Dragonborn usually worship more general deities, as only two deities from the Draconic pantheon are worshiped by non-dragons, Bahamut and Tiamat.

veteran
veteran
It would be nice if every char could select a diety (or select none unless you are a cleric).
Even if it has no effect except maybe very few comments when you meet someone with the same diety or you meet someone with the opposite.

For my bard I would like Tymora (if good) or mask (if more shady).
Sorry I am no expert about wich god is alive or not in wich Edition.
They die and come back all the time. BG1+2 come after the death of Bhaal and in MotB I meet dead myrkul.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Madscientist
It would be nice if every char could select a diety (or select none unless you are a cleric).
Even if it has no effect except maybe very few comments when you meet someone with the same diety or you meet someone with the opposite.

For my bard I would like Tymora (if good) or mask (if more shady).
Sorry I am no expert about wich god is alive or not in wich Edition.
They die and come back all the time. BG1+2 come after the death of Bhaal and in MotB I meet dead myrkul.

I think that was such a great upgrade from Pathfinder Kingmaker to WotR. Any class could choosse a deity and it effected their alignment and some events were slightly changed to accommodate.

Godclaw gets buff in a certain fight

Asmodeus debuffs enemies in a certain fight

etc.

It is basically what Loth-sworn do right now. They can be anything but they believe in Lolth, so they get unique options for that. But I guess that would make the "race" redundant if they added anyone to select a deity.

#821032 14/07/22 10:20 PM
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Popular on the Sword coast:

Helm

Selune

Mielikki

Popular followers: Drizzt Do'Uurden

Sune

Lothander

Waukeen

Mystra

Popular followers: Elminster

Tempus

Tymora

Tyr

Ilmater

Selune's Elvin aspect

Sehanine Moonbow

Popular among Bards and everyone else for her Annual Party Day.

Lliira

Influential faction: The Scarlet Mummers

Sea Domain:

Valkur

Umberlee

Popular among Firbolg and other Giants

Hiatea

Besides all of these, the evil pantheons were also worshiped, but were considered cults.

There are more of course, that I am sure I missed.
+1 agree with this list. A small note you spell the God name wrong of Lathander that is almost blasphemy be warned hehee.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SecondAchaius
It is basically what Loth-sworn do right now. They can be anything but they believe in Lolth, so they get unique options for that. But I guess that would make the "race" redundant if they added anyone to select a deity.

Yes, that make no sense.
Drow are a race, not a religion. Plus both drow "races" are mechanically identical.
All chars should be able to select a deity, but no race should be defined by their religion.

suggestion:
- Each char should be able to select a deity (or chose to select none)
- By default only the deities of their race are shown.
- You can select "show all options" if you want a dwarf who worships an elf god or a halfling who is a fan of the gith lich queen.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
+1 agree with this list. A small note you spell the God name wrong of Lathander that is almost blasphemy be warned hehee.

Fixed.

addict
addict
Snip - move to own thread

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 15/07/22 11:57 AM.
old hand
old hand

I like the idea of ​​deities for all classes. Additionally, the cleric class can excel by benefiting from a small number of selectable spells specific to their deity. For example Auril = ice dagger. Or the Cleric Domains are enhanced by a variety of selectable and non-predetermined spells.

#821296 16/07/22 03:29 AM
N
old hand
old hand
N
Itd be a crime to not have Sune given how pretty we can make ourselves in the character creator

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Itd be a crime to not have Sune given how pretty we can make ourselves in the character creator

Your so Vain

An Assimar of Sune would make a cool Bard character.

Mod

Disclaimer: I have not personally played this mod.

Last edited by Van'tal; 16/07/22 04:28 AM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S

Yes, that make no sense.
Drow are a race, not a religion. Plus both drow "races" are mechanically identical.
All chars should be able to select a deity, but no race should be defined by their religion.

suggestion:
- Each char should be able to select a deity (or chose to select none)
- By default only the deities of their race are shown.
- You can select "show all options" if you want a dwarf who worships an elf god or a halfling who is a fan of the gith lich queen.

+1

As it stands Drow in general get reaction for
Elf (for trance purposes)
Drow
Lolth Sworn/NonLolth Sworn
Class
-If not Lolth Swon, Cleric deity
Underdark
So 6 reactions are possible take away cleric it is 5

Other races get
Race
Sub race
Baldurian
Class
-Clerc gets deity
5 reactions possible, take away cleric and it is 4

Letting a deity for all classes allows for +1 reaction for all race/classes and can guide a player to roleplay a semi-devout follower who isn't a paladin or cleric. (Lathanderites stares at Astarian. The undead must die again)

veteran
veteran
Letting a deity for all classes allows for +1 reaction for all race/classes and can guide a player to roleplay a semi-devout follower who isn't a paladin or cleric. (Lathanderites stares at Astarian. The undead must die again)
Strongly agree with this. Even when not playing a cleric or paladin my PC is a Lathanderite, always. To not be able to choose Lathander would be scandalous.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
+1 from me!

Giving all classes options to choose a deieties will greatly enhance the roleplay potential.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Sooo...inside the book of the dead God's (In a side room, from the dead scribe fight...fakers!), you now have to pass skill checks to read it.

The naration brings attention to three names that are kinda blotched out; they are together, inferring a connection.

Second Sundering

Changes to the Pantheon

Many deities previously presumed dead or missing managed to return to life (or to re-emerge) during the Second Sundering, and then to quickly amass new followers (or to win back their old faithful),[32] and to reclaim at least some of their former portfolios (resulting in a new distribution of spheres of influence among the Faerûnian deities).[33] Known examples were: Mystra,[29][33] Helm,[23][33] Mask,[10][33] Lathander,[25][33] Bhaal,[8][33] all the previously lost Drow gods,[34] Leira,[33] Myrkul,[33] Gilgeam, Enlil, and Nanna-Sin;[26][27] all the Mulhorandi gods,[12] Azuth,[33][27] and Tyr, among others.[33]

reference

The extended team IS doing their homework.

Last edited by Van'tal; 17/07/22 09:36 PM.
old hand
old hand
They should just add all the deities and an option for all characters to pick one (or none if not a cleric.) Would probably have to just be flavour for non clerics though. The main two I would like to see are Mask and Vhaeraun.

veteran
veteran
What I'd like to know is if they're going to restrict Domains by Deity. Or will I get to play with Clerics of Shar who chose the Light Domain because of cool powers in multiplayer? Feels like a huge flavor fail if you can choose wrong or even opposing domains.

And why are they being so stingy adding more Domains for EA? War especially is such a staple and it's annoying not being able to play a Battle Cleric with Martial Weapons and Heavy Armor almost two years after release.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard