S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Originally Posted by Spell&Spield
Originally Posted by Sozz
I personally like the graying hair, not sure about the earring. They just added that hair customization in, so maybe they'll pull back a little later. Has anything else changed?

Yes, his face looks a fair bit older...and generally less attractive.

This is something of a modern trend: making fictional characters (both established personalities and newcomers) look less attractive so that real-world people will "relate better". Silly, huh?

I have to agree. Gnomes are my favourite race and most of them are borderline hideous. I am honestly baffled why they look so bad. I know a lot about gnomes and they are not conventionally "hot" but they just look bad, not even cute. I don't know why they do things like that.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
I think he looks way, way better now.
Right?
He looked like the biggest wanker of the Forgotten Realms before.
Hideous beard, flabby jawline, stoner's heavy eyelids, etc.

His face when he attempted to act flirty meeting Shadowheart for the first time still gives me chills.

Last edited by Tuco; 08/07/22 05:12 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sozz
I personally like the graying hair, not sure about the earring. They just added that hair customization in, so maybe they'll pull back a little later. Has anything else changed?

Yes, his face looks a fair bit older...and generally less attractive.

This is something of a modern trend: making fictional characters (both established personalities and newcomers) look less attractive so that real-world people will "relate better". Silly, huh?

I have to agree. Gnomes are my favourite race and most of them are borderline hideous. I am honestly baffled why they look so bad. I know a lot about gnomes and they are not conventionally "hot" but they just look bad, not even cute. I don't know why they do things like that.

Weirdly enough, the traditionally evil races* have received a makeover: orcs plus their half-orc progeny are now sexier and goblins look less malformed.

* Barring the Drow (they've always been described as attractive if not beautiful).

D
old hand
old hand
D
Tbh I think he looks better now but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Him beeing unshaven and a bit rough makes sense because hes in the wild where he wouldnt have acces to a bath and clean clothes each day. He looks more....realistic to me. And I like that smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Him beeing unshaven and a bit rough makes sense because hes in the wild where he wouldnt have acces to a bath and clean clothes each day. He looks more....realistic to me. And I like that smile

Shouldn't Prestidigitation cover basic matters of hygiene?

addict
addict
I think its an improvement.

D
old hand
old hand
D

Well it would fix that yes. But maybe hes had some other things on his mind or he doesent care to much about his appearance?

Either way most of my players prefer the 'out in the dirt' look most of the times as well. They squil like little piggies when they have to be cleaned up for social encounters. I find it highly entertaining and their disapproval is just making me want to torture them with it more grin

*ahem* what I meant to say is that they regulary wash. Totally of their own accord. Honest! laugh

Ps. im talking about their player characters. The players themselves thankfully wash very regulary!

addict
addict

Well it would fix that yes. But maybe hes had some other things on his mind or he doesent care to much about his appearance?

Except the scene existing where he checks out his mirror image in search of tadpole effects and, iirc, comments on his own good looks :p

veteran
veteran

I looked all over but couldn't find that spell in his spellbook anywhere.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
I'm personally seeing a bit older yea in that screenshot. But that just seems right to me. Gale isn't young and supposedly been through a lot.
I can't judge if more/less attractive, to subjective for all, but he is a bit more realistic maybe to me.

veteran
veteran
I prefer Gale's new look to the old one.

N
old hand
old hand
N
He actually looks more faithful to his art now. Less charming man baby and more like a powerfull wizard you arnt sure is evil or not.

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 09/07/22 05:18 AM.
addict
addict
I am still hoping he is a disguised and de powered Edwin/Edwina! That would explain all his power he supposedly lost…

I prefer the new look!

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 09/07/22 04:46 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
He actually loos more faithful to his art now. Less charming man baby and more like a powerfull wizard you arnt sure is evil or not.

But he was nice as a charming man baby. What can I say, Icelyn has her Halsin, I had my Gale :P

addict
addict
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
He actually loos more faithful to his art now. Less charming man baby and more like a powerfull wizard you arnt sure is evil or not.

But he was nice as a charming man baby. What can I say, Icelyn has her Halsin, I had my Gale :P

Man baby! LOL

addict
addict
Looks great - a good improvement

old hand
old hand
He actually looks more faithful to his art now. Less charming man baby and more like a powerfull wizard you arnt sure is evil or not.

Uh, he's Neutral Good.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Uh, he's Neutral Good.

That make no sense. His actions is evil. Sure he may advocate for OTHERS to not eat babies, but if he could FORCE Mystra into his bed by eating babies, he would not for one second see anything wrong with it. Neither the forcing of a woman or eating babies.

He is a psychopath who says the right thing, to manipulate. Astarion and Gale is two very broken characters, but Gale is way more evil than Astarion. Asterion is just "your" fool brother that make bad choices, because he think it's "fun". Where Gale constantly try to gain power and when it goes wrong and make him a walking-talking living bomb, he keeps on risking everyone's life.

Shadowheart is not all that Shar like in actions, so who knows. Laz seems to be a kid that got taken away from mommy and daddy a little to early and doesn't seem to actually do anything "evil", maybe more a Lawful Neutral rules follower. She doesn't care about right or wrong as long as someone else control and tell her what to do.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Except the scene existing where he checks out his mirror image in search of tadpole effects and, iirc, comments on his own good looks :p
Well he does look good ...
Concidering his age, his background story, all we has dragged into lately ...

Not as good as when you step out of salone of beauty ... as he did in the past.
But concidering the situation he is in, he still looks good. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran

Uh, he's Neutral Good.
According to Larian they released the neutral and evil companions first. I would put Gale into the neutral category personally. The way , he treats the Raphael incident makes me think of betrayal, If we don't meet his conditions ( giving him magical items regulary).

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard