Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#819230 08/07/22 07:24 PM
M
Mixtli Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I went to camp for resting, had the Raphael conversation, and saved the game with out a problem. When I try to rest I have the Astarion interaction traying to drink my blood and after the rest if I try to save the game will crash.

I tried all variation of the Astarion interaction, including killing him before to skip the conversation, also play with video settings and saving settings.

I can save before the rest, but after no matter what kind of save, the game crashes.

Any ideas?

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have the same issue now since hotfix. I thought it was related to my ranger multiple dead companion copies before hotfix. I summoned a new companion before trying to save. No matter what I do now since hotfix, game crashes on new save/saving over another file etc.

E
stranger
stranger
E
My game has been crashing after quick saves. Once in the owlbear cave, another just outside where the 3 ogres are.

Last edited by Eliaures; 09/07/22 01:09 AM. Reason: Typo
B
stranger
stranger
B
Everything was working fine for me until Gale started asking for the artifacts. Every time I give him the iron flask, the game will 100% certainly crash upon the next savegame I make, be it quick- or manual save. It seems to also happen with the other artifacts, but not to the same degree.

E
stranger
stranger
E
If it is happening specifically after a long rest, you can try using a supply pack rather than food - that fixed it for me. Something about how food has been coded seems to be crashing the game right now.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I did some "testing" and found that it may be too many save game files on a profile. I have a LOT of save games on my original profile. Just as an experiment I created a new profile and started a new game, clean, no previous saves. Seems to work. I've experienced no crashes so far in the new profile while my game was crashing around every 3 saves in my original profile.
It would be nice if this is the issue to limit the saves in a profile, warn us when the limit is near, ask us to clear space by making it easier to delete old saves, etc.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by ertihan
If it is happening specifically after a long rest, you can try using a supply pack rather than food - that fixed it for me. Something about how food has been coded seems to be crashing the game right now.

I tried this, and concluded that if I give him the flask when in camp and then rest with a supply pack, the game allows me transition back into the world without crashing, which is great. But as soon as I save the game any time later, it will crash again with 100% certainty, despite what resources I used for resting. Very mysterious one.

Last edited by bogreol; 09/07/22 09:36 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I tried reinstalling the game, which introduced more crashes. I tried all of Larians troubleshooting (deleting certain cache files etc) and nothing helps. I had no issues with this game until they released their first hotfix. I'd rather have duplicate dead ranger pets and be able to play then the current state of the game.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I also crash on save. For me it always happens after:

poisoning the goblins in the goblin camp. Just killing them in camp works fine.

Tried it multiple times and using 2 different saves, same result

journeyman
journeyman
I'm getting crashes while saving, but for me it does not appear to be related to the number of saves. It's happening right after I move a few scrolls to Gale in Inventory and have him learn them. I then do a quick save and it crashes.

Last edited by Don Bartenstein; 09/07/22 02:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
After Hotfix 24. Same issue, CTD when Quicksaving or custom saving. Last working save was a Quicksave before 1st Long Rest in Camp after saving Laezel from the 'Teethlings.' After sleeping and going back to the Wilderness to explore the Chapel, all manner of save attempts just CTD.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Same issue here on two different profiles. Both crash on autosaving after a long rest. For me, it seems to be related to getting cutscenes at camp but it could be a coincidence.

On the first profile, my saves were working until I got Shadowheart's scene and now it crashes after autosaving.

On the second profile, my saves were working until I got Astarion's scene and now it crashes after autosaving.

Edit: using camp supplies instead of food fixed it for me too

Last edited by Saberem; 09/07/22 04:27 PM. Reason: using camp supplies instead of food fixed it for me too
M
Mixtli Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for all the replies.

This fix it for me

A
stranger
stranger
A
I tried disabling auto saves and using camp supplies... game crashes no matter what at save, new or overwriting.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I am crashing on saves as well, right after talking to the painter after freeing him. I deleted all but a handful of saves, disabled auto saves, nothing seems to work.

One thing I've noted, normally my saves go into Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\*******\Savegames, that's where the saved game I load is coming from. However, when I try to do this save, it creates Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Temp and puts the save there. I watched it happen, deleted that Temp directory, loaded the game, tried to make a save (new save or over-write, it didn't matter), it creates Temp, creates the save directory, shoves a .png in there but no .lsv, and then crashes to desktop.

Do we think my profile is corrupted?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Update: Deleted my profile entirely, made a new one, it apparently found my saves on the cloud, still creating a Temp directory, still CDT when I try to save. Any suggestions? This is supremely annoying.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I did a fresh install and removed the larian studio folder... still crashed on saves.

I went back to a safe BEFORE i rested and used camp supplies, no more crashes.

Once you use anything but a camp supply pack it somehow corrupts your saved games after you used them.

Sucks that i lost 2 hours of play time but no more crashes. Go back to a save BEFORE you used food at rest, use camp supply pack!

Last edited by Apollyon; 09/07/22 06:44 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I have also been having a lot of issues with crashes during saves. Both quick and manual, both before and after the hotfix. I only had the camping issue once and going back to a prior save as described above fixed it. However I have had two other reproducible save issues:

1. Saving at any point after having Gale use a spell.

2. Saving after selling items with the PC. Doesn't happen if I use another character to sell the items.

Has anyone else had the same issues?

Last edited by scotterdooo; 09/07/22 06:50 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I
Originally Posted by Apollyon
I did a fresh install and removed the larian studio folder... still crashed on saves.

I went back to a safe BEFORE i rested and used camp supplies, no more crashes.

Once you use anything but a camp supply pack it somehow corrupts your saved games after you used them.

Sucks that i lost 2 hours of play time but no more crashes. Go back to a save BEFORE you used food at rest, use camp supply pack!

I only use camp supplies, have for the last several rests. And my save is in the middle of the Zhent Hideout. The key for me is the creation of the temp directory when saving and it clearly not actually saving. Something is awry in the code all of a sudden.

C
addict
addict
C

Fantastic find! I've been having a problem with crashing on the autosave on waking after Daisy shows the city, and the supply pack instead of food did the trick. Thanks, Ertihan!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard