Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Tried an old school hack, created a file called "Temp" and made it read only, loaded up, tried to save, game hard crashed with an error, trying to create AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate\Temp. Why? Why is it trying to create this directory and put my save file there? I don't understand.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Ok, loaded back 3 saves, tested a save, it worked. Then talked to the painter, talked to the boss, murdered everyone, tried a test save, and it crashed exactly the same way. Apparently, for me, doing the Zhent hideout makes me no longer able to save my games correctly, the game tries to put them in a completely different directory and fails, crashing me to desktop. Very, very odd.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Left the hideout, played for an hour or so, over in the gobbo fort, same problem, trying to save in temp. Oh well, guess I'm done with BG3 for a bit.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I think removing anything from the Camp supplies causes the crash

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey All,
After trying for an hour... What worked for me was swapping Wyll with Gale, and then using Wyll's Camping Pack. I believe the food, travelers chest, and Gale are all bugging out. I have been kicked out mostly in camp after a long rest using food, and having Gale.

Last edited by Moose; 10/07/22 01:51 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
For the record, I dumped Gale for Wyll at the earliest chance, he's never left the camp, so that's not it for me. Again, my game is trying to save in a completely different directory for some reason.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
The same thing is happening to me. I am Dank Crypt. If I retrieve the key and start the trap that launches flames; After this each save crashes the game.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by ziomik
The same thing is happening to me. I am Dank Crypt. If I retrieve the key and start the trap that launches flames; After this each save crashes the game.

I was having the same issue in differents playthroughs and what worked for me was the next things: make space in the loads section of the game, I deleted almost all the safes. specially the autosafes, and lastly, dont use food to make the full rest just use supply packs, i did both things and I could continue the game.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
And how did you manage to defeat the bailouts and then resume the game? Did you unsubscribe while playing? (do you intend to delete files or use game delete?) Thanks

journeyman
journeyman
my game is crashing during autosaves, quicksaves and manual saves, constantly. it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything, honestly. i completely cleared out my save folder so i know it isn't a quantity limit being reached. haven't tried making a new profile yet. turned autosave off because autosaves crash most frequently for me but quicksaves and manual ones are still causing issues

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I tried everything even the one recommended above but without results. Any save after collecting the crypt key causes the game to crash

veteran
veteran
I got the same right now...

Had a game yesterday. I level up to 4 then do a few things. Rest and save. No problem.
I reload a save just before I level up to 4 so I can do things differently. I sort all my hotbars, my items, I sell things and so on... Crash when I tried to long rest.
So I reload again. Doing the same things for 20 more minutes. I tried to save to fix my hotbars and inventory management. Crash.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Same here - I crash after longrest now - didn't crash before. The only difference is, that I now have Wyll in my group and levelled him up.
Edit: It's not Wyll - I did a longrest without changing out Lae'zel for Wyll and the game still crashed after trying to save after the long rest.
I guess, that ends my playthrough, until this is fixed

Edit 2: I now used a ration pack instead of a food item and it worked. I bought a bowl of mashed potatoes in the druid grove, maybe that's the culprit. I didn't have any trouble with the food, I did find along the way.

Last edited by fylimar; 10/07/22 12:23 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
M
stranger
stranger
M
I have a crash after sending items to storage from inventory. Before sending game saves normal, but get crash after I finishing sending items and save game.

veteran
veteran
The long rest crash is now occuring with every food item.

Doctor Who
M
stranger
stranger
M
I am having the same issue, but it seems to be happening with something I am selling to vendor. As I always do before I rest at camp I go and sell, well this time I sold my junk and went to save and it crashed. I did some investigating and sold a few things at a time and tried to save after. First go around it saved than I sold the rest of my stuff and it crashed. Mind you before I did this I created a second save and it saved fine, sold an item saved the game and it saved. Sold the rest and went to save and it crashed. I tried the save file thing and that didn't work. I deleted all of my save files but two manuals and one auto and it still crashes. Last night when I played and had the crash happen for the first time it was on a full rest *spoiler* right after meeting the devil for the first time, which I assume that it was the auto save that crashed it and I lost my progress before that. So got on this am and played through what I had done last night and I manually saved just fine , until like I said above sold my items before I do a long rest and crashes every time. *shrugs

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MinionreaperX
I am having the same issue, but it seems to be happening with something I am selling to vendor. As I always do before I rest at camp I go and sell, well this time I sold my junk and went to save and it crashed. I did some investigating and sold a few things at a time and tried to save after. First go around it saved than I sold the rest of my stuff and it crashed. Mind you before I did this I created a second save and it saved fine, sold an item saved the game and it saved. Sold the rest and went to save and it crashed. I tried the save file thing and that didn't work. I deleted all of my save files but two manuals and one auto and it still crashes. Last night when I played and had the crash happen for the first time it was on a full rest *spoiler* right after meeting the devil for the first time, which I assume that it was the auto save that crashed it and I lost my progress before that. So got on this am and played through what I had done last night and I manually saved just fine , until like I said above sold my items before I do a long rest and crashes every time. *shrugs

I just had that vendor crash happen to me. Do you remember, which item could make teh game crash? Was it maybe the Selune statue?

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
This occurs for me after using Animal Friendship Scroll for Advantage on a die roll for story interaction. I have been able to repeat this consistently.

1. Interact with Owl Bear or Scratch (Dog) with dead owner nearby (either one will work and so will any other dialog using Animal Friendship scroll)
2. In the dialog when you have to complete a die roll use Animal Friendship scroll for advantage.
3. Complete the story dialog sequence.
4. Create a new save or attempt to overwrite an old save, the game will crash.

Note also that anytime afer using the Animal Friendship scroll, even an hour after using it and trying to save will crash the game.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
For me it has nothing to do with companions, food, long resting, or vendors.

I was in the Zhent cave, saved, talked to the leader, fought all of them, tried to save and crashed.
Load it up, don't fight the zhents, just talk to the painter, tried to save and crashed.
Load it up, leave the Zhent cave, walk to the gobbo camp to sell, almost make it, pause to save just outside, crashed.
Load it up, leave the Zhent cave, walk to the druid grove (where I'd already been), tried to save and crashed.

In all cases my crash involves the creation of the C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Temp directory, with a subdirectory that is the name of the save that only contains a .png in it, not an actual save. Make a new save? Does this. Try to overwrite an existing one? Does this, makes the directory under Temp.

What I think (I am not a coder) is that somehow the game has reached a point where it thinks it's "full" of saves (I deleted all of them but 1 so I could load) and is trying to write to an "overflow" area, because once it gets to this point it always does it. My current save game is 1 away from this crash, so no matter where I go or what I do, my next save crashes the game.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Oh, I've dropped back as many as 5 saves...the 6th save crashes me, every time. Over a TB free on my drive, so it's not space, first place I looked. Deleted all saves but it's acting like there's no room.

Last edited by MacAllen; 10/07/22 06:06 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard