Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
"Fight with a couple of goblins? Well, you either have to take a long rest or talk to everyone in the druid grove looking like you just lost a mud-wrestling match!"

Just let us easily clean ourselves. Please.

veteran
veteran
I was thinking a simple solution to the dirt being too constant would be a "Soap" or "Towel" item, that the player could carry and use to clean their character up.

Or to slow down the accumulation of the dirt, as it does accumulate too fast.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
I was thinking a simple solution to the dirt being too constant would be a "Soap" or "Towel" item, that the player could carry and use to clean their character up.

Or just having water fountains in inhabited places that you can use to get rid of the grime

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath

Or just having water fountains in inhabited places that you can use to get rid of the grime

Or just go down, down, down by the river.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I would like a toggle in the options so I can turn it off.

veteran
veteran

That's actually a pretty good idea. Quite immersive too to be able to wash up at wells or fountains. They should definitely do that, along with the slowed down accumulation.

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Or just go down, down, down by the river.

That was a pretty good one, made me laugh hard laugh

veteran
veteran
I think going down, down by the river is something that should probably be reserved for intimate scenes <.< >.>

veteran
veteran
In DOS 2, you dip a tie in water and become totally wet. The game even tells you you're wet.

Seems something similar would work for cleaning off in BG3. Dip a toe in water and viola. Clean.

G
addict
addict
G
The dirt is awful and excessive. It needs to have a toggle option.

addict
addict

As far as I know that's already implemented. At least some people reported that using the tap in the village removes dirt.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Votes short rest clean.

Unlimited short rest, with possibility of ambush.

Recovery dice still tied to long rest.

Who wouldn't clean up and gather themselves after a battle?

Oh...yes on prestidigitation.

Last edited by Van'tal; 10/07/22 10:54 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
+1 to adding prestidigitation

On top of slowing it down, I think the accumulation of dirt should be triggered by terrain/area too, as opposed to just always accumulating over time.

Me spending time doing social quests in the Druid Grove should not make my characters look like they've rolled in dirt all day.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Topgoon
+1 to adding prestidigitation

On top of slowing it down, I think the accumulation of dirt should be triggered by terrain/area too, as opposed to just always accumulating over time.

Me spending time doing social quests in the Druid Grove should not make my characters look like they've rolled in dirt all day.

"What's that perfume you're wearing?"

Answer: "Harpie shit".

veteran
veteran
I don't know. The druid's grove doesn't look all that clean to me. People are sleeping on bedrolls while rats are scurrying about.

I get that the dirt accumulates fast, though. I understand that it seems a little too fast sometimes. Personally, I like the feature, and I guess I'm worried that Larian might overcorrect it by taking it out completely.

old hand
old hand
Prestidigitation and/or the use of water would solve part of the issue, but I think the dirt levels should change based on how close you are to the enemy and how much damage you take.

No one is throwing dirt bombs at my characters (although that would be an amusing thing to add) but ranged characters definitely should not look like they rolled around in mud. Many times I end a combat with all my ranged party free of damage and they just look ridiculous.

veteran
veteran
All I can think of with this thread is:

[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]

"Must be a king."

"Why's that?"

"He hasn't got $#@$ all over him."

I like the dirt, blood and grime, but only when it makes sense. It adds some grit and immersion when my PCs have just fought hard against, say, the Gith. After a battle? Yes. After trekking through the bog? Yes. Jogging through the grove? No. Moonhaven streets? No. Maybe if you go through one of the dusty, old buildings or caves... Sure. But some good points have been made.

1. You shouldn't get filthy simply by jogging around talking to people or other light activities.
2. The filth should be easily cleaned off via short rest, splashing around in water, using an item like a towel, something.
3. I'm using this thread to once again push for more than 2 Short rests for the entire party because it would then allow you to frequently take breaks to short rest and clean off. Allow unlimited party SR for things like cleaning up and ability resets, but limit healing during SRs to 1 SR Healing per character level at the character level. Your MC is level 4? He/she gets 4 SR Healings per day. Gale is level 4? He also gets 4. You can SR as a party as much as you want and use SR Healing if you want on whatever characters actually need it. Either way, they clean up and regain special abilities and things like Warlock Spell slots.

It would be just another thing to encourage SR. smile

Last edited by GM4Him; 11/07/22 05:04 AM.
veteran
veteran
Ok. Seriously. I get now why people are complaining about the dirt. My MC is constantly filthy. Not just kinda dirty. She's a bard and she looks like she's been playing with pigs ALL the time. At least short rest cleaning and maybe something more than light jogging makes them dirty again, or something.

Last edited by GM4Him; 14/07/22 03:01 AM.
Isn't bard be like "fucking everything that move, including pigs"?

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe we should only get muddy when we get pushed or end up prone

I wouldnt mind crits causing scars, if you dont heal them with magic too, like fable used to do

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I remember back on the reveal gameplay how one of the complaints was how clean everything is.

But yes fully agreed, that the time and circumstances required for your character to be dirty should be tweaked, the system is great, it just needs tweaks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard