Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Not sure Shadowheart's pod is special...there are other pods in that area...as well as the lower decks, forward berth, mid decks, ect.

A Barbarian can rip the door off without using the tadpole :P.

I did use the tadpole to free her on my Bard.

...Now the Mindflayers may not have gotten around to inspecting her proper or probing her mind...not enough information.

Where Shadowheart obtained this artifact is curious, given that it is of Gith' origin.

...are the occupants of the other pods future companions?...tune in at official launch (At least they aren't spoiling everything).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Van'tal
A Barbarian can rip the door off without using the tadpole :P.

I have reservations about this. I understand it's enjoyable for the barbarian player, but it leaves me wondering why the barbarian can't do the same thing on the next pod in the other room.

The dazed woman is there to illustrate what the change looks like to the player, so I understand her role in the opening. It's important. It establishes the stakes in a visual way that can't be denied.

But the whole thing is undermined by the barbarian. I'm left asking myself why the barbarian can't save this woman, or failing to save her, why the barbarian can't rip the pod open and kill the newborn mind flayer within. Which makes the entire scene feel heavy handed and forced.

old hand
old hand
I generally like this change. It would be however ridiculous if a lowly Barbarian could rip open such a protected pod by pure physical power. A strong Fighter could not? I hope they change it, so that nobody can open it without the tadpole assistance.

I did not free SH the first game trials, mainly because there was no easy option and I had the fear the ship would crash if I did waste time. Now, with the easy key option I discovered later gone, it's a difficult decision, as it should be (having to use the tadpole for example for the steering of the ship would be no difficult decision however because it would be no choice to do it or die).

Would I save SH without pre-knowledge? She's a potential help during the coming struggles to be expected and she's very attractive (not a reason for a hero, but I'm no one ...) but using the mean tadpole may be dangerous. Hmmm, what to do ...?

apprentice
apprentice
I wonder if they could just change the first time the tadpole is introduced to the helm fight. If using the tadpole was the only way to get the cambion sword, I think that powerful weapon is more of an incentive than adding SH on the ship or a few minutes later on the beach.

Balance is more than light and dark, more than sin and virtue.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by SolEquinox
I wonder if they could just change the first time the tadpole is introduced to the helm fight. If using the tadpole was the only way to get the cambion sword, I think that powerful weapon is more of an incentive than adding SH on the ship or a few minutes later on the beach.
Agreed. That would be a better of an incentive than unlocking Shadowheart.

veteran
veteran
Once again this depends on meta gaming.

When you play the game you cannot know that you can recruit Shadowheart a few minutes later anyway.
I am not sure if you can know that you can loot a burning sword.

If I see somebody trapped in a strange pod I assume they will die if I do not rescue them. (I remember Mass Effect, not sure which part)

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Why not? That cambion is holding it. O_o

If I see somebody trapped in a strange pod I assume they will die if I do not rescue them.
And that is a problem? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Why not? That cambion is holding it. O_o

If I see somebody trapped in a strange pod I assume they will die if I do not rescue them.
And that is a problem? O_o

why do you put the O_o as if it's such an insane thing to WANT to SAVE someone. O_O -.-*

veteran
veteran
If using the tadpole was the only way to get the cambion sword,
Puting completely aside that all "powerfull" weapon is just regular Great Sword dipped in fire ...

One question: How? O_o

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
why do you put the O_o as if it's such an insane thing to WANT to SAVE someone. O_O -.-*
You asume too much my dear lizard. smile

If you would read the rest of that question, and not just the smilie at its end ...
You would find out that i asked if that is a problem ... and the fact that it may be a problem for someone, is what that smilie is the reason for wondering smilie. :P

In my quite honest opinion ...
We are facing difficiult choice here ... and that is good thing.
Anyone can be "a hero", when all it takes is to kill smelly goblins, or find key that is in next room where you can go and take whatever you want freely. laugh
Include some real cost ... and sudently heroism of our deed is much greater. :P

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
They could also lock the gith relic behind a tadpole locked container aboard the ship. It would allow the PC a chance to get the relic without having to murder SH. I think it would be a suitable temptation.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Hyde
They could also lock the gith relic behind a tadpole locked container aboard the ship. It would allow the PC a chance to get the relic without having to murder SH. I think it would be a suitable temptation.

I see a different approach. Rushing into the helm, you see the MF fighting the cambion. The tadpole strongly desires to help his kind. Attempts to force you to use its power. Roll to resist. If you resist, the cambion notices you, retreats from ship, sword lost. If you fail to resist, illithid power is used, cambion is injured/distracted, MF kills him. Sword is dropped, easily looted. MF again tells you to use the transponder, then switches focus to remaining attackers.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hyde
And what would you do with people who would just ignore it and go?

Rushing into the helm, you see the MF fighting the cambion. The tadpole strongly desires to help his kind. Attempts to force you to use its power. Roll to resist. If you resist, the cambion notices you, retreats from ship, sword lost. If you fail to resist, illithid power is used, cambion is injured/distracted, MF kills him. Sword is dropped, easily looted. MF again tells you to use the transponder, then switches focus to remaining attackers.
Few problems tho ...

1) Tadpole never ever control you again ... how it did that, and why it didnt that when you were killing other Itellect devourers, or when you attack that Illithid?
2) IF that tadpole would control you ... why wouldnt it made you obey Mind Flayer comand and connect that transponder?
3) Feel free to corect me, but from what i know about Illithids ... they dont usualy help each other. laugh
4) What reamining attackers? laugh You mean those 3 imps and hellpig wich ALL he would destroy by single mind blast? laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/07/22 05:27 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Few problems tho ...

1) Tadpole never ever control you again ... how it did that, and why it didnt that when you were killing other Itellect devourers, or when you attack that Illithid?
2) IF that tadpole would control you ... why wouldnt it made you obey Mind Flayer comand and connect that transponder?
3) Feel free to corect me, but from what i know about Illithids ... they dont usualy help each other. laugh
4) What reamining attackers? laugh You mean those 3 imps and hellpig wich ALL he would destroy by single mind blast? laugh

1. Tadpole struggles to control you first time. Afterwards switches to subtle approach using dreams and authority temptation.
2. See above
3. There are 4 MF on the ship. Strong possibility they're working together.
4. Those weak imps that cut a MF down

veteran
veteran
1) Didnt answer why it dont stop you when YOU are trying to kill that very same Mind Flayer, it just saved.

2) Didnt answer anything at all. O_o

3) Working together =/= help each other. wink

4) Do you know how many HP had that that Mind Flayer left? Since i dont. laugh
So the only thing we know for sure is that they hit him last ...

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard