Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#820579 12/07/22 04:19 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I already reported this on the official form, but I think it's worth adding here as a warning if nothing else.

If you are a bard, go to the druid camp, meet the Blade of Frontiers, and use the bard dialogue option you get stuck in the dialogue. You see his response, but the camera doesn't move, you don't hear him, and the dialogue cannot move forward. You can select other characters and move around, but your main (who is the only that can be a bard) is stuck in the dialogue with no escape. Talk about an awkward silence.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Can confirm. I'm playing as a Bard and most (not all) Bard dialogue options bug out and leave me stuck in conversation. The work around I've found out is toggling the stuck character to engage in battle via the UI button. I then have them run out of range until the battle music ends.

A particularly weird one was using the Bard dialogue option on the boy in the water near the harpies. Post-battle Shadowheart and Astarion were stuck in dialogue and I couldn't get them out of it. I even killed them to see if that would fix them, but after I resurrected them they were still stuck in conversation. I had to go back to a save just before the harpy fight and try again. I avoided any Bard dialogue options and everything resolved without issue.

The other place I saw the Bard dialogue freeze the characters in conversation was the Bard dialogue with Volo in the goblin camp when he is singing on "stage".

I recommend reviewing those dialogues for sure, but also do another review of all bard dialogue options to see if the same issue is elsewhere.

Last edited by Ichinan; 13/07/22 10:17 PM.
old hand
old hand
Ya, I didn't get stuck though, the bard dialog is missing the animations for the response.

Wonder if the hotfix messed stuff up though.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I got a response from Larian which said it was a known issue and that a work around is simply pressing '1'. It worked in another spot that I saw the same happen unrelated to bards.

Link Copied to Clipboard