Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Does using Speak to the Dead on the Mindflayer in the goblin fortress now trigger the parasite? After using it on him and looting the room, I camped and had yet another dream, which seemed to anger everyone for "using the powers" again.

Edit: I figured out what I did wrong. I had used a Psionic Pull in the Hag fight and forgot about it. I believe that triggered it.

Last edited by SolEquinox; 16/07/22 05:16 AM.

Balance is more than light and dark, more than sin and virtue.
veteran
veteran
Dreams only occur if you use the [ILLITHID] option in dialogues, so no it shouldn’t trigger any dreams as the option is not even possible when speaking to the dead.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wonder if the hobgoblin will still find the mindflayer if you throw its corpse out the map?
Probably larian dont really think outside the box very far

Like killing the snake still causes the girl to die from poison

Jumping in the burning room, it still expolodes even though no doors or windows have been damaged

Killing the dragon leaves no corpse it just vanishes

Attacking the hag in human form she can not die before you meet her in her lair, (so no way to save the brothers) and actually influence the world.

This kind of thing could add so much depth to the game but it will likely never get changed or addressed

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Wonder if the hobgoblin will still find the mindflayer if you throw its corpse out the map?

Probably. Unfortunately, you can't use speak with dead on the mind flayer *before* it's taken by Dror.

It also doesn't matter if you kill it in a way that makes the body too damaged for speak with dead to work, like with fire or such.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK

Probably. Unfortunately, you can't use speak with dead on the mind flayer *before* it's taken by Dror.

It also doesn't matter if you kill it in a way that makes the body too damaged for speak with dead to work, like with fire or such.
Least we have 30 ways to get the cube from shadowheart, instead of just giving it to the main character from the start.
That will make up for the lack of variation for eveything else

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
That seems unnecesary harsh ...
This game provides many possibilities and many choices ... not all of them, true ... but what game ever did? :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That seems unnecesary harsh ...
This game provides many possibilities and many choices ... not all of them, true ... but what game ever did? :-/
I dont think it was unnecessary, wasting resources on stupid stuff when variables that supply emersion have been left untouched is bad.

Larian should be called out on it, so they dont keep doing it. Unless ofc everyone else thinks yeah id rather have 30 ways to get this cube
And im happy for my actions not to effect the rest of the world, apart from maybe a slightly differently worded dialog choice every now and then

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Ok, name 10

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok, name 10
1 Rescue shadownheart from nortaloid to get cube
2. Grab it in the cutscene if you rescued her
3. Recruit her at the door if you missed her in ship
4. Recruit her in the grove
5. She follows you in secret and waves cube around

Apparently there are loads more larian did a whole video about it even swen looked depressed about the resorce loss

There is 5 off top of my head

Last edited by Xzoviac; 19/07/22 03:51 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Well, you claimed 30 ... didnt managed even 10 ...
My point still stands ... you judged unnecesary harshly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, you claimed 30 ... didnt managed even 10 ...
My point still stands ... you judged unnecesary harshly.
Ok i conceed im being "harsh"

My points still stand larian need to consider its priorities regardless of any exaggeration i may have made. And they dont need babying to be told it, im sure they can cope with my pretty mild feedback sorry i mean harsh feedback

old hand
old hand
The story says Shadowheart is important because this item is blar, blar blar... The idea that people didn't take her because she comes across as a bitch, is what Larian hadn't considered until the feedback filtered down is the point of EA

I'm fine with having options and Larian spending the extra time but other people are welcome to play fuckpunk instead

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
L
L
The fundamental problem this game with narrative is that Larian think the player will:

A - do what they think with Illithid power, and have tied half the story to that assumption - despite also telling players NEVER USE THOSE POWERS
B - gives a crap about their origin characters, rather than treating them as maybe companions

I am depressingly convinced that a player who never uses illithid powers and doesn't use certain origin companions will be missing heaps of content when they play the game.

Creating a game on the assumption that players will either play a certain way, or that they will re-play the game like 10 times to get all the companion exclusive content, is really poor, and incredibly inefficient, design.

They would have been finished making the game already if they stuck to a BG1/BG2 narrative and plot design, and had heaps of room left over for the type of suggestions for content - linked to the PC - like those put forward in this thread.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Just try to open your mind and see how many options we have in different situations.
Yes, this one (and yes, many others) is lacking ... wich should be understandable, since its essential for the plot.

But to claim that Larian is creating only dozens of options to get a box ... and railroads everything else is just nonsence.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just try to open your mind and see how many options we have in different situations.
Yes, this one (and yes, many others) is lacking ... wich should be understandable, since its essential for the plot.

But to claim that Larian is creating only dozens of options to get a box ... and railroads everything else is just nonsence.

yes, we all agree the nonsense you just made up is nonsense. no one in this thread other then you, has said that Larian Railroads everything else
or has claimed that Larian is creating ONLY dozens of options to get a box

larian also lets you kill or save the grove, kill or save the goblins, kill or save the Tieflings (in the druids favour)

my point (you seemed to have missed) is they wasted a lot of resources giving Shadowheart the box.
and I don't want them to waste resources again doing similar "complex" interactions
that don't need to be.

they could have just given it to tav and instead ,then fixed

Destroying the mindflayer body so speak with the dead does not work
the snake killing the girl when dead
the burning room exploding when the windows/doors are undamged
the dragon leaving a corpse
Attacking the hag in human form actually kills her - and can save the brothers

5 things - for the 5 they "wasted"

my point is these 5 things will likely never get addressed or fixed.

my point was never any of the dribble you just tried to imply I was saying

im also not trying to fight with you Rag so can we stop this exchange now please, and move along sniping at my comments isn't really improving this discussion much , apart from me saying the same thing over and over to you in different ways.

peace -

Last edited by Xzoviac; 20/07/22 03:56 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Sigh ...
So much for open mind. -_-

Well, nobody can say i didnt try ... and that i didnt try politely.

apprentice
apprentice
Probably larian dont really think outside the box very far

Like killing the snake still causes the girl to die from poison

Jumping in the burning room, it still expolodes even though no doors or windows have been damaged

Killing the dragon leaves no corpse it just vanishes

Attacking the hag in human form she can not die before you meet her in her lair, (so no way to save the brothers) and actually influence the world.

This kind of thing could add so much depth to the game but it will likely never get changed or addressed

Im always baffled how much people get yet still want more.. there is ZERO way for a video game to account for every single idea a player can get.. this is not tabletop with a GM wich can responds to your whim on the fly.. hell the way larian gives you multiple options to solve the same quests is already more then what most games do.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ExarchofJustice
Im always baffled how much people get yet still want more

must be hard being always baffled?
So im going to state some obvious back at you Baldur's gate 3 is in early development and these forums are to make suggestions talk about things people want to see , and to tell the devs what they are not/are happy with, you don't have to agree with my opinions, or want what id like to see.

there is ZERO way for a video game to account for every single idea a player can get

thank god you pointed this out, we where all under the impression video games could account for every single idea players may make

this is not tabletop with a GM
*shocked Pikachu face*

hell the way larian gives you multiple options to solve the same quests is already more then what most games do.
Larians is far from perfect, feedback is here to try and help them get a little closer, im sure you have good ideas too for improvements and should share them

Last edited by Xzoviac; 20/07/22 05:15 PM.
veteran
veteran

This is the Help and Tips section of the forum, not the "complain-about-Larian's-ability-to-develop-a-game-as-good-as-you-could-develop-the-game-if-you-were-developing-the-game" section.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK

This is the Help and Tips section of the forum, not the "complain-about-Larian's-ability-to-develop-a-game-as-good-as-you-could-develop-the-game-if-you-were-developing-the-game" section.
Good thing you are here to point this out
Hopefully a new section will be made so i can share an opinion with out you climing up my ass

Last edited by Xzoviac; 20/07/22 06:54 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard