Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
"transmogrifying" armor and weapons is too much. If you wear a Dwarven Plate Mail, it needs to look like a Dwarven Plate Mail because that's what it is.
No it isnt ...
No it doesnt ...

If i want my Paladin in fullplate with 2h sword lookalike Hermit in cloth robe with wooden stick ...
Who are you to tell me that i cant?
Thats my business not yours.

Limit transogrification in any way is pointless ...
For one it adds nothing to the game at best it can reduce your options and force you to wear things you are unconfortable wearing ... not exactly positive effect if you ask me.
For two people will mod this anyway ... transmog is the easiest mod ever since you just switch one model ID for another. laugh
And for three ... what even would be the point anyway? I mean this is prime example of avoiding stuff by simply not using it. laugh It never gets easier.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/07/22 06:38 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
+1

Larian already has the ability to recolor, tint & add patterns (I'm thinking of how +X leather, leather helms, hunter/rogue armors, buff spells, and dirt are handled), it just isn't available to the player.

Please make it available.

One of the things I enjoy in RPGs is customizing how my characters look, and gear is part of that. I don't need to be showered with 5 pieces of rare armor every half hour if I know that Tav & Team don't have to look the same way until the next big improvement. (I'm thinking of how DA:I for example had very little diversity in what your companions' gear could look like (ugh!), but if you used different materials, that would be reflected in the final colors & patterns. Not great, but still an upgrade over seeing the same thing, over and over again)

-N
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by 1varangian
"transmogrifying" armor and weapons is too much. If you wear a Dwarven Plate Mail, it needs to look like a Dwarven Plate Mail because that's what it is.
No it isnt ...
No it doesnt ...

If i want my Paladin in fullplate with 2h sword lookalike Hermit in cloth robe with wooden stick ...
Who are you to tell me that i cant?
Thats my business not yours.

No, it's the devs' business. It's their game and up to them how they allow players to mutilate it. And in a multiplayer game it will also be my business.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Nah, its still not ...

Easy solution ...
You dont like it, you dont use it ... you dont want it in YOUR multiplayer game, ask people to not use it ... you dont want it in anyone else multiplayer game, go play with someone else.

Nothing holds Larian back to implement something people want, just bcs some cans will not use that. laugh

veteran
veteran
+1 to transmog as well! That way I can keep the look I like and have upgraded stats instead of having to pick between looks and stats.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Thumbs Up

...I remember when you got like two colors to personalize your little 10p graphics sprite.

I am spoiled now...I can't wait to get to the big city to go shoppin'.

I think trasmog doesn't really fit DnD armor system since you only have +1..+3 armors/armors with magical effects. So, it's really not that great, because you'll have very few combinations to trasmog things to. A great/lore substitution would be if someone at our camp(e.g. Barcus Wroot) can upgrade our armor/give it magical effects. So he'll be artificer-esque

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I dont really need "many options" to transmog things to ...

I simply wish for Lae'zel to still look the way she is supposed to. smile
I want my Paladin not be forced to wear that horrible ping/gold travesty they call Plate armor. laugh
I want my Dwarf to wear his Axe/Hammer ... no matter how great sword i find.

Its really simple as that. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/07/22 04:25 PM.

It's not really transmogging then, rather recolorisation and upgrade systems

I want my Paladin not be forced to wear that horrible ping/gold travesty they call Plate armor. laugh
gods, i haven't seen this armor earlier, it's so awful) Like we're in a disney movie

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I beleive turning sword visualy into Axe/Mace ...
Or any armor to look like Githyanki armor ...
Or that plate armor to look like litteraly anything else. laugh

Is exact description of transmogrification. smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mercurial_ann

gods, i haven't seen this armor earlier, it's so awful) Like we're in a disney movie

Not even Disney would have any their characters use that abomination, at least not in their old(er) movies when they still made good movies.
I can definitely say even if that ...thing would be the absolute best armor in the game, none of my characters would ever wear it. It makes me want to vomit to even look at it.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Is this a datamined armor? It's too flashy for my taste, but if somebody wants to role-play a character who is, for example, a bit vainglorious, this might suit very well.
That's why I would very much like a small selection of clothes/armor in character creation, to fit the different ways you could role-play a character.

Personally, if I were to play a character wearing armor, I would prefer an armor like the one Swen Vincke is wearing in the PFH.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
And that where Transmogrification come to play. wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lyelle
That's why I would very much like a small selection of clothes/armor in character creation, to fit the different ways you could role-play a character.
Well, the problem isn't exactly how you are coming out of the character creator, as much as what you'll be wearing few hours down the line (and then for most of the game, eventually).

Last edited by Tuco; 26/07/22 10:10 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
And that where Transmogrification come to play. wink
Absolutely not a fan of the feature.

Well, I mean, I'll take it over having to dress up like a clown.
But I'd rather a "what you see is what you get" approach where you maintain some degree of internal consistency but most armors and weapons don't look like shit, thank you.

Originally Posted by mercurial_ann
Not in the game yet, just datamined stuff.
And yeah, we had an old thread here where most of the people commenting were (rightfully) shitting on it.

The colors, the shininess, the gaudiness, the obscene. giant. pauldrons.
It's like the materializations of my personal nightmares when it comes to armor design.

Last edited by Tuco; 26/07/22 10:17 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
If I recall correctly (which I very well may not, it's been a while since I've played them), the original Baldur's Gate games gave us the option to choose our characters primary and secondary equipment colours. I see no reason why the third game in the same series, with two decades of technological progress backing it up, should be the exception and be unable to give us the same feature.

Once more I am falsely accused of whatever it is that I am accused of. Falsely.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
But I'd rather a "what you see is what you get" approach where you maintain some degree of internal consistency
Thats the beauty of transogrification. smile
You can easily have it. laugh

//Edit: Didnt i say exactly this allready? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/07/22 06:42 AM.

veteran
veteran
I'd rather the armors were just balanced a little better.

Consider the dark justiciar armor, as an example. By the time Shadowheart comes across that armor, it's a downgrade for her of two full points of AC. That's a lot to swallow, and I don't think the d4 of necrotic damage in shadowy areas makes up for it.

That said, I don't want her scale mail to suddenly look like the dark justiciar armor. It's not the same thing. The AC is only part of the armor. There are other considerations, like the aforementioned necrotic damage.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
I don't want her scale mail to suddenly look like the dark justiciar armor. It's not the same thing.
Its not even supposed to be the same thing ...
Why not tho?

You would get the best from each ... effective armor you want, and good thematic visual from another.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard