Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2021
we had 8 patches in almost 2 years (21 months) since i dont see it releasing any sooner than a year from now (2Q 23) there is no way we only get 1 patch.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
I see, at a mimimum, 3 patches.

1st Patch: Monk / Mechanics Clean Up

2nd Patch: Paladin / Mechanics Clean Up

3rd Patch: Mechanics Cleanup - Reactions / Camping Mechanics / Fleshing Out Classes

Last edited by Zyllos; 27/07/22 08:06 PM.
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by Anthraxid
we had 8 patches in almost 2 years (21 months) since i dont see it releasing any sooner than a year from now (2Q 23) there is no way we only get 1 patch.
Well...
1 - We had three patches in the first two months and then one every four-five months since then.
2 - I think you are wrong both in your estimation of when it will release than with the number of patches, but time will tell?

Joined: Jul 2022
C
stranger
Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Jul 2022
Did Larian told anything about the Paladin class?
At the moment I can't find in the game something like "chaotic evil" or "neutral good".

Furthermore I hope that Level 5 will be part of the next patch even if the fights has become easier in the last patches.

Joined: Mar 2021
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Mar 2021
Maybe it's a longshot, but I'm hopeful that they will time the release of BG3 with the DnD movie release in March. So I'm thinking 1 or 2 patches at the most before launch.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Tuco
New decisions will not be made according to what comes from our collective feedback next.
Do i understand it corectly that whatever will be messed on Paladin/Monk will likely stay messed?
Thats what i was affraid. :-/


In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”
Joined: Jun 2022
Location: outback nsw
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jun 2022
Location: outback nsw
i see two more patches;
prob Monk 1st with two weapon fighting and Pally 2nd with the extra races... until these basics are added in the game can't move forward so when Larian say they are on track i assume they must mean set designs and story not actual game systems like spells or feats

i also don't see an early 23 release... its just not ready because each new patch needs a few hotfixs and that only happens after players have their hands on it to find what got turned off or left out so an early release would be buggy as hell, which I don't see Larian willing to risk after such a long buildup


Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Joined: Sep 2017
G
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
G
Joined: Sep 2017
Why only 1 more patch? It's clear Larian has loaded the assets for the final 2 classes, but are drawing it out because each PFH is a publicity stunt that gets it more press and viewers and free advertising. Plus, it buys them time to continue to work on the other parts of the game in the Act 2 & 3.

We all know the game will be buggy and unplayable on launch once you leave Grymforge.

Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Tuco
New decisions will not be made according to what comes from our collective feedback next.
Do i understand it corectly that whatever will be messed on Paladin/Monk will likely stay messed?
Thats what i was affraid. :-/

Don't assume that.

Any bugs will be worked out based on feedback from the team Europe testers.


Tongue in cheek: Then the real fixing will be done by the moders.

Last edited by Van'tal; 28/07/22 07:46 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Patch 9: Monk - feedback and hotfixes (+1 race; maybe halforc (+2 str/+1 con))

Patch 10: Paladin - feedback and hotfixes (+1 race; maybe dragonborn (+2 str/+1 cha))

(And because I'm a fan of chaos, I wanna see the posts & threads when they pick whether dragonborn are egg-hatching scaly mammals (unlike their dragon ancestors) (so tits & standard female armor) or egg-hatching reptiles (like their ancestors) (so no tits & custom female armor) devil)

Patch 11: All the missing subclasses (war cleric, archfey lock, necromancer, etc) - feedback and hotfixes

Q1-2 Release:
* buggy origins - hotfix
* buggy/imbalanced levels 5-12 - hotfix
* buggy racial animations for shorties, halforcs, dragonborn - hotfix
* buggy acts 2&3 - lots of hotfixes

Actually playable: nov - dec 2023.

(Obviously just my opinion, but I'm leaving it here so I can say 'called it!' if it actually happens :p)


-N
Joined: Apr 2022
Location: Germany
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2022
Location: Germany
Originally Posted by Neleothesze
Patch 9: Monk - feedback and hotfixes (+1 race; maybe halforc (+2 str/+1 con))

Patch 10: Paladin - feedback and hotfixes (+1 race; maybe dragonborn (+2 str/+1 cha))

(And because I'm a fan of chaos, I wanna see the posts & threads when they pick whether dragonborn are egg-hatching scaly mammals (unlike their dragon ancestors) (so tits & standard female armor) or egg-hatching reptiles (like their ancestors) (so no tits & custom female armor) devil)

Patch 11: All the missing subclasses (war cleric, archfey lock, necromancer, etc) - feedback and hotfixes

Q1-2 Release:
* buggy origins - hotfix
* buggy/imbalanced levels 5-12 - hotfix
* buggy racial animations for shorties, halforcs, dragonborn - hotfix
* buggy acts 2&3 - lots of hotfixes

Actually playable: nov - dec 2023.

(Obviously just my opinion, but I'm leaving it here so I can say 'called it!' if it actually happens :p)

I think so too and I'll probably look for Hogwarts Legacy until BG 3 runs smoothly or better still one or the other DLC is out. We'll see. Patch 8 has had its fair share of long delays and I'm not speaking for myself but for the poor folks on other platforms besides the PC Steam version...

Joined: Sep 2015
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Sep 2015
I do not think they put all classes and races in EA.

They have to leave some totally messy stuff for release, even if we do not look at content after act 1 wink


groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Joined: Feb 2021
C
CMK Offline
member
Offline
member
C
Joined: Feb 2021
I am guessing next patch will intro Paladin but it won't be the last patch as we still need Monk and a few races as well

Joined: Oct 2021
Z
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Z
Joined: Oct 2021
BG3: You saved me... why?
Me: Mmm... monk.


Remember the human:
Joined: Jan 2022
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jan 2022
If we are only getting one more patch, I'm guessing it would look like this:

November 2022: Final EA patch, paladin and monk. No level 5. No multiclassing. No new zones. (Because the EA isn't beta testing. It's publicity).
Dec 2022 - Feb 2023: Larian finalizes release build with internal QA
March 2023: full release

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Italy
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by Tuco
If I have to be blunt I don't think our "testing" and feedback matters that much (if at all) at this point.

Ongoing bug-hunting aside, whatever change we'll see from now on is probably some process that they already started sometime ago. New decisions will not be made according to what comes from our collective feedback next.

Sadly, I must agree.

Joined: Jul 2014
W
stranger
Offline
stranger
W
Joined: Jul 2014
Reactions and paladin have gotta be next.It makes no sense to delay what's probably the most talked about/hardest to implement mechanic in the game.

Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Quote: hardest to implement mechanic in the game.


Seriously?

Last edited by Van'tal; 02/08/22 06:40 PM.
Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Don't over-complicate things.

I'm sure there is a programmer at Tactical Adventures who would love some weekend side cash.

Given their budget and what they did, I am pretty sure they never even stumbled when they implemented these same features perfectly.


But who knows...maybe the work is already complete and ready to be tested.

Last edited by Van'tal; 02/08/22 06:59 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5