Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I play on stadia with a controller due to mobility issues and just general preference.

I was watching a little bit of wolfheart's Bard class video and I saw that when playing with a keyboard and mouse you get to choose how you use the bardic inspiration. Defense and a couple of other options.

Does anybody know how I make those choices while playing with the stadia controller? I would have thought it would have popped up like it does when you have to choose what spell level but nothing like that happens. There are also not new things in the hot bar even while somebody has bardic inspiration on them. Maybe I'm an idiot and I'm missing something simple but I can't find any options other than simply casting bardic inspiration on a character.

Shaolin Stoner
veteran
veteran
I don't know because I've never used a controller, but just a thought:

How do you recast spells like Speak with Dead or Hex?

The Bardic inspiration stuff is in the same area as the recast stuff when it's available.

veteran
veteran
I play on Steam, with mouse and keyboard ...
And i never seen that "choose if and how would you like to use your inspiration" extra-bar i have seen on Wolfhearts streams. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I play on Steam, with mouse and keyboard ...
And i never seen that "choose if and how would you like to use your inspiration" extra-bar i have seen on Wolfhearts streams. :-/
How do you use Bardic Inspiration, then? Is it just blind luck? That seems absolutely miserable…

Edit: here’s what I can say about those toggles to help you see if this is a bug. The BI toggles don’t exist on the Bard’s hotbar, they only appear on the party member’s hotbar who gained the BI die. Note that you can’t switch the toggles on/off if it’s not that PC’s turn, though they should appear grayed in the hotbar. It could be you’ve never noticed the toggles because the BI die gets used before your turn. Lastly, the BI toggles aren’t with the other toggles (Attack of Opportunity, Non-lethal Attack…) on the Steam version because I don’t know why. I’m not sure where the toggles are on Stadia, but my guess is “nowhere intuitive”.

Last edited by Flooter; 28/07/22 09:20 AM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
How do you use Bardic Inspiration, then? Is it just blind luck? That seems absolutely miserable…
Mostly i dont ... exactly for that reason.
But when i do, i use it only as Attack Bonus.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
To recast hex another icon appears in the hot bar.

Shaolin Stoner
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I never thought that it might appear on the character you cast bardic inspiration on. Thank you for the suggestion. I will take a look when I play later today.

Shaolin Stoner
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Flooter
[quote=RagnarokCzD ]Edit: here’s what I can say about those toggles to help you see if this is a bug. The BI toggles don’t exist on the Bard’s hotbar, they only appear on the party member’s hotbar who gained the BI die. Note that you can’t switch the toggles on/off if it’s not that PC’s turn, though they should appear grayed in the hotbar. It could be you’ve never noticed the toggles because the BI die gets used before your turn. Lastly, the BI toggles aren’t with the other toggles (Attack of Opportunity, Non-lethal Attack…) on the Steam version because I don’t know why. I’m not sure where the toggles are on Stadia, but my guess is “nowhere intuitive”.

This was exactly it! Thank you so much. Whole new hot bar on the character that bardic inspiration is used on. I knew it had to be something simple. I was looking on the hot bar for my bard. I appreciate your answer very much. You definitely solved the problem for me

Last edited by ShaolinStoner; 29/07/22 12:40 AM. Reason: Missed space

Shaolin Stoner

Link Copied to Clipboard