Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
G
gaymer Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Do you think Larian has something planned for entering the 3rd year of Early Access?

Maybe a content patch with no new class like Patch 5? Maybe just a video released with teasers? Maybe an official roadmap? Maybe give the exact anticipated release date? Maybe a full patch with the 11th class?

...or nothing at all

These patches are consumed and run out of interest so quickly with everyone already having played so much.

What do you all think will happen this October 6th? Let's speculate.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Was there any event last year?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by zamo

Event?...hmm, there was a prepatch announcement for patch 6, if that counts smile That said, it was the patch that gave us grymforge iirc.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 07/08/22 04:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
Pretty sure that the studio will prefer to put as little emphasis as possible on the fact that they clocked 2 full years of EA without a release.
Not to mention that they will most likely be busy as hell working on the final stretch of the game.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
The very first thing I ever saw for BG3 was that trailer where dude is all limping and lurching and spitting out teeth, before his face melts and he turns into the Flayer. I'm still waiting on that game! hehe

veteran
veteran
It would be ...
[Linked Image from static1.srcdn.com]

But honestly, i wouldnt expect anything ... maybe at best some video styled as "we have gone this far" as they played during spelljamer reveal event.
The reason is simple, we have this patch for quite short while ... usualy it takes them much longer to prepare something new. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
gaymer Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Originally Posted by zamo
Yes, as mentioned we got the Grymforge added content but it wasn't quite ready exactly on the date.

We got the additional area because Larian felt bad about EA taking so long (and people had access this area unfinished through a special editor).

So, I'm hoping we get something for completing Year 2! It feels right for such a company that loves putting on a spectacle with little substance.

Originally Posted by Tuco
Pretty sure that the studio will prefer to put as little emphasis as possible on the fact that they clocked 2 full years of EA without a release.
Not to mention that they will most likely be busy as hell working on the final stretch of the game.

2 full years and not all classes patched in, many game mechanics broken, and likely to go over 3 years before the game is playable.

I hope we get something more than just a tweet.

S
old hand
old hand
S
The only event that would feel good for everyone in the community would be a narrower hint of the release date. By then patch 9 will be out and we will be very close to feature completeness.

veteran
veteran
Double warning: HEAVY spoilers ahead!!!

I was quite sceptical ... not so much after listening to this. O_o

veteran
veteran
Skeptical of what?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
About new location.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
About new location.
Well, yes, the game is going to have new locations, I don't think that should surprise anyone.

Unless you are implying that this would be evidence it will come to EA... Which isn't necessarily true.
Plenty of stuff that was datamined even two years ago is still nowhere to be seen in the current build.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L

Completely agree. I think it would actually be a pretty bad move on their part to draw attention to the fact that the game has been in Early Access for two years.

That is more something to be upset about than to be proud of. There is no way that was the plan from the get go, in my opinion.

veteran
veteran
-_-
Really? Do you even noticed name of the topic you are in?

Ok, full sentence specialy for people who likes to twist anything they can:
Before watching the video I posted five (5) posts above, I was skeptical of the theory that Larian COULD be planning to release, to celebrate the second anniversary of Early Access, a patch that would add a new location to the game.
Now that I've seen so many finished and prepared audio files from just the new location in that video, I've come to the conclusion that the likelihood of Larian releasing a patch containing the new location is at least "non-zero".

Comprende?

veteran
veteran
Ok, I'm not really sure why after two years of being this forum's Anthropomorphic Personification of pointless bickering and tedious nitpicking, in the last week or so you have decided to start reacting as if someone pissed on your cornflakes every time someone politely questions what you say...

But that aside, yeah, I "comprende" and I STILL have no clue of what's supposed to be the correlation between "new audio files datamined" and "extra content is surely coming in EA". LET ALONE tying it to "the topic we are in" (as a "Larian doing a celebration for the two years of EA").

Of course, that won't stop you from embracing your assumptions. Which doesn't mean everyone has to accept them as valid.

Last edited by Tuco; 08/08/22 04:27 PM.

old hand
old hand
Haha I bet the next parry will be about not saying "extra content is surely coming in EA" laugh

I agree that if Larian decide to make a big event out of it - then it can be a bad pr move, because the world we live in nowadays is hungry for scapegoat's blood and another reason to pour out their inner frustration. So expect no promises or announcements, but just another hard work result of a patch.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
Maybe an official roadmap?

Bwahahahahahahaha, sorry, the one thing I never ever expect we'll get is any type of roadmaps from Larian.

old hand
old hand
confused

^ One positive experience I can definitely take away from this forum is my exposure to that emoticon; it is ineffably cool!

G
gaymer Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Not too far out now. Less than 2 weeks.

addict
addict
Sorry gaymer, I hadn’t noticed I’ve effectively stolen your thread.

For the 2nd anniversary, I expect a tweet from Larian thanking their players, underlining progress on BG3 and asking for patience because amazing things are on their way.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard