Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Just out of curiosity, since I never really bothered testing it: when you play a mage and make him learn other types of spell, like the clerical ones... Is the "chance to hit"/spell proficiency still based on his INT? Or is it a Wisdom check?

Last edited by Tuco; 14/08/22 12:53 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
It is based on INT

veteran
veteran
Eh, i kinda guessed it, but still, that makes this twice as bad and even more urgent to fix.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Just out of curiosity, since I never really bothered testing it: when you play a mage and make him learn other types of spell, like the clerical ones... Is the "chance to hit"/spell proficiency still based on his INT? Or is it a Wisdom check?
Just checked ...
And nope, its Roll+Profficiency+Int Modifier ...

Even for spells where you get amount of Damage or Healing as Dice+Wisdom Modifier is changed to Intellect ... so your Cure Wounds still can do 1d8+3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
It kinda makes sense in a way that wizards cast spells by understanding the Weave though an "academic" approach. Doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't be able to learn those anyway.

addict
addict
Not sure if it has been stated, but I doubt they will drop those spells from the wizard’s list. If they stick with a four party group without the addition of mercs/followers, healing will become a bigger need as the game progresses. That is unless they spam more potent healing potions as the game progresses. Allowing mages to heal and yeeting potions across the screen, pretty much make clerics unnecessary.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard