Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Oftentimes when we roll for a check, the requirement for passing might is low, especially when we have lots of bonuses, and so the excitement/suspense of wither or not we will pass the check is small or nonexistent.

The time it takes for all the bonuses to be added, ..erm adds up over time, and can get a little stale.

I hope you add an option to speed this up for us ADHD people! laugh

All else looks amazing, you are the last vestige of hope for our great gaming fantasy land, you rock Larian. I love you and good night!

veteran
veteran
The option already exists. Click the dice while it's rolling and it will instantly display the final result.

veteran
veteran
I agree that the "roll d20 and show result, then elaborately add modifiers for your total" animation is too long and will get real old over the course of an entire game. An option to have the final result be ~instantly shown when you click "roll" would be nice.

addict
addict
Yep. To be a bit more specific, I'd like :

• The possibility to speed up the dice roll.

• The possibility to speed up the addition of bonuses after the dice is roll.

• Have the result of the Ability Check recorded in the log.
    (The "combat log", except it should not be just for combat, but instead for all of the underlying mechanics, notably every dice roll.)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
The option already exists. Click the dice while it's rolling and it will instantly display the final result.
Clicking the die usually results in a bug for me where the result shown isn't the one taken into account by the game. I end up not using that feature out of superstition because it feels like getting swindled when then 18 onscreen results in a failure.

I agree with the OP that the process takes too long. Two suggestions (made elsewhere before): shorten the time during which the die rolls; stop adding bonuses one by one if the DC is already met.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
+1

I'd also like to have a button that allows you to fail a roll on purpose. Sometimes I am interested in trying something, but not succeeding.

Last edited by neprostoman; 16/08/22 11:18 PM. Reason: typo
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
+1

I'd also like to have a button that allows you to fail a roll on purpose. Sometimes I am interested in trying something, but not succeeding.

Oh! +1 to that. Maybe I don't want to actually persuade someone, but I want to appear like I do. That's good. My Con Artist Drow Sorcerer approves.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Yep. To be a bit more specific, I'd like :

• The possibility to speed up the dice roll.

• The possibility to speed up the addition of bonuses after the dice is roll.

• Have the result of the Ability Check recorded in the log.
    (The "combat log", except it should not be just for combat, but instead for all of the underlying mechanics, notably every dice roll.)

For me, to be 100% Crystal clear, I want an option for ALL dice rolls to be like when you're just roaming and the icon appears over your head and says Success or Failed. So, in dialogue, you choose Persuasion and it just pops up Success or Failed. No animation.

It was cool at first, but after awhile, you kinda do get tired of it.

veteran
veteran
I thought the dice roll animation is too long after my third skill check with it.

It should be shorter by default and if there's a toggle it should be to remove the animation entirely and just display the result.

veteran
veteran
As far as adding Spell Bonuses, a simple couple of buttons near the Character Switch button would suffice before selecting your dialogue option as opposed to having the animation window pop-up at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard