Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
It's worth noting that Larian typically starts teasing stuff about a month in advance. If we don't hear anything by the end of the month, you can probably write off an October patch as well.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
It's worth noting that Larian typically starts teasing stuff about a month in advance. If we don't hear anything by the end of the month, you can probably write off an October patch as well.

Patches also spawn earlier on SteamDB : https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/

No trace of Patch 9 for now, looks like I will have to hibernate for a while...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
No trace of Patch 9 for now, looks like I will have to hibernate for a while...
🐻🐻🐻

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Wich only means that patch 9 for anniversary seems curently unlikely ...
But that not the only way to celebrate this. smile

I mean there was other suggestions here ...
Among others for example AMA, wich seems quite unlikely aswell ... but its not patch. laugh
Celebration video, as we get on that DnD spelljammer presentation ... wich on the other hand can seem quite likely, but also not exactly interesting, at least not to me.
Some people around here also asked for roadmap ... and even tho many people would be probably gratefull as Aradin ("too little, too late") ... i would say it is possible that Larian would decide to clearly mark some Megathreats as "not going to happen, sory" ... especialy now, when we finaly have some active community managers. And that also dont need any patch. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
A
Banned
Banned
A
I'd be surprised if there was any kind of event planned; the game Is still being made, why celebrate 2 years of development? Seems a rather strange event to mark. It's a bit like celebrating a year of making a film when it isn't finished yet.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
especialy now, when we finaly have some active community managers.

I really don't know where you all get that people ? On this board I only see a very limited number of threads in which COMA has said something.
Is there something I missed somewhere else ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/09/22 02:39 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I really don't know where you all get that people ? On this board I only see a very limited number of threads in which COMA has said something.
Two new CMs introduced themselves in the Chat forum.😊

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
Originally Posted by aslaause
I'd be surprised if there was any kind of event planned; the game Is still being made, why celebrate 2 years of development? Seems a rather strange event to mark. It's a bit like celebrating a year of making a film when it isn't finished yet.

Or your third year of school without a degree.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
why celebrate 2 years of development?
Why not? smile

We celebrate many milestones between birth and funeral aswell. wink

I really don't know where you all get that people?
Here on forum ofc, just keep your eyes opened. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
why celebrate 2 years of development?
Why not? smile

We celebrate many milestones between birth and funeral aswell. wink
I hope to categorize 1.0 release more as a birth then a funeral.

With that attitude, though, I know the game for you: Space Citizen. Many pre-birth birthays to be enjoyed in this one.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Neither honestly ... its just another milestone on its way through existence. wink
A bit more significat compared to others tho. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Oh okay that's what I though : references to posts from a month and a half ago.
Thx for the answer

Last edited by Maximuuus; 20/09/22 06:43 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Larian alumnus
Larian alumnus
Hello o7

If we don't comment, it doesn't mean we are not reading the forums or any other platform related to Baldur's Gate 3.
The community's comments are read on a daily basis by our team, analysed/sorted, and your sentiment & thoughts are escalated to the development teams.
No worries: We are here, ready to engage if there is anything valuable we can add to the conversation, we'll drop a message smile

Retired Senior Community Manager - Baldur's Gate III & Larian Studios
â–º Twitter Nicou
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nicou
Hello o7

If we don't comment, it doesn't mean we are not reading the forums or any other platform related to Baldur's Gate 3.
The community's comments are read on a daily basis by our team, analysed/sorted, and your sentiment & thoughts are escalated to the development teams.
No worries: We are here, ready to engage if there is anything valuable we can add to the conversation, we'll drop a message smile

Thank you for the response.

Quick question if you don't mind... who's the Absolute?

veteran
veteran
Hello o7

Nice to read.

Now that you're here, should we eventually recreate posts about things that were already discussed monthes ago or would that be useless ?

I know that The Composer had read a lot of threads (if not all) and shared "some" of them with Larian... But we don't know at all what has been shared/read by Larian and what has not.
Now that we're sure that Larian is reading everything I'm asking myself : should I share "again" my feedback/suggestions on this board ?

Larian alumnus
Larian alumnus
Originally Posted by JandK
The real question is what is the Absolute.
The absolute value of x is denoted by |x|... so is the Absolute behind the bars, leading others to do their bidding? Who knows...
I'm just making things up, don't read between the lines grin

Now that you're here, should we eventually recreate posts about things that were already discussed monthes ago or would that be useless ?
I know that The Composer had read a lot of threads (if not all) and shared "some" of them with Larian... But we don't know at all what has been shared/read by Larian and what has not.
Now that we're sure that Larian is reading everything I'm asking myself : should I share "again" my feedback/suggestions on this board ?
No need to re-create posts. Development progresses, new updates are in, things change, and a lot of feedback is regularly brought back to the development team.
I'm pretty happy with how much we are listening to the community so far, and we aim to be even better as we progress through the development.
We will also communicate more as we get closer to the release, but for now we are super focussed on the development & preparation of said comms.
Things will come when they are ready. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! smile

Retired Senior Community Manager - Baldur's Gate III & Larian Studios
â–º Twitter Nicou
addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK

Nice try hahaha

The real question is what is the Absolute.
The absolute value of x is denoted by |x|... so is the Absolute behind the bars, leading others to do their bidding? Who knows...
I'm just making things up, don't read between the lines grin

ROFL 🤣

On a more serious note, I also missed those posts in the Chat section (I've joined after and didn't really check that section). I'm really glad to see you guys here.

Flooter Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! smile
How do you feel about the prevalent attitude on this thread: That Larian is extremely unlikely to say anything interesting back to us?
How do you think this attitude might impact Larian's future early access endeavors?

Things will come when they are ready.
That seems antithetical to early access. Does this mean no more patches until release?

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
Things will come when they are ready.
That seems antithetical to early access. Does this mean no more patches until release?
That's something that Sven touched on in recent PfH steam when talking about Swarm AI - it was in development for a while, but they wait until it is ready to show before sharing anything.

stranger
stranger
I expect a tweet acknowledging its 2nd anniversary, nothing more nothing less.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard