Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The Frightened Ox in Waukeen's Rest doesn't have dialogue choices if Drow players have Animal Speaking active, instead it immediately attacks the player.

• If a Drow player has Animal Speaking, the Frightened Ox immediately goes into combat without dialogue choices.
  • If a Drow player does not have Animal Speaking, the Animal Handling dialogue is properly used for the Frightened Ox.
  • If a non-Drow player has Animal Speaking, the Frightened Ox encounter plays out normally with dialogue choices.
  • If a non-Drow player does not have Animal Speaking, the Animal Handling dialogue is properly used for the Frightened Ox.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

old hand
old hand
I suspect this is an intentional response, as Gobbos and Drow eventually raided Waukeen's Rest. If you are a Drow, then instead of dialogue options, there is only a short translated response with immediate counter-reaction. For the frightened ox, you as a Drow are simply a "red rag" at this point, which justifies the reaction that took place.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't think it's intentional because if the Ox is supposed to attack the Drow player due to the raid, it should then also attack the Drow player without Animal Speaking.

Animal Speaking and Animal Handling are just slightly different types of communication with animals, so both should have the same result.

old hand
old hand
True, if [Animal Handling] was "peacefully" for your Drow, then you're right.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
True, if [Animal Handling] was "peacefully" for your Drow, then you're right.

Or animal handling is the one that's bugged.

Link Copied to Clipboard