Next Thread
Print Thread
S
snowram Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
During the prologue on the nautiloid, you aren't allowed to load the inventory of companions. However it turns out you can load it for a very small time frame by clicking on the level up button on the portrait. Since level 2 is reachable in the prologue, this exploit allows to make your companions drop items in their inventory before it is allowed later in the game. I haven't tested if it allows for other exploits like leveling up or dropping equipped items since the time frame is so hard to get right.

Video of the said exploit :

Last edited by snowram; 19/09/22 10:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yes, this is another example of what's been happening continuously through development - Larian is extremely reluctant to actually change or fix anything, and far prefer to plaster over issues with quick-hack kludge-jobs. There's a thread elsewhere where I show screenshots of being able to access Shadow's spellbook in a similar way; they haven't *Actually* disabled your access to these panels and these characters, all they've *actually* done is put in a kludge fix that just auto-closes the panel again when it opens, and it's poorly done enough that you can still, to this day, get around it.

S
snowram Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
After messing a bit with the idea, I was able to loot companion armor. Same principle except once you are able to grab the armor, hold the left click, press tab and drop it in the slot of your custom character. I tried to drop Shadowheart relic too but it seems hardcoded to not drop.

Here is not-Shadowheart and not-Tav :

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

veteran
veteran
I can't help but think that if you're willing to try that hard to get the stuff then you earned it.

veteran
veteran
I cant help but think that this whole unacessible inventory of companions during tutorial is bullshit ... :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
snowram Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
Funny thing is that continuity is kinda respected. Companions keep their new gear when you meet them during act 1 but somehow I stole all their items in the prologue and they spawned with multiple items in their inventory regardless, including new revive scrolls. How did Shadowheart did that? Did she wake up, found some scrolls and then took a nap on the beach? :P

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I cant help but think that this whole unacessible inventory of companions during tutorial is bullshit ... :-/

I see what Larian wanted to do there, they aren't really part of the party at this point. Problem is that the implementation is very hacky.

Larian alumnus
Larian alumnus
Hey Snowram, thanks for the report!
I have escalated the process for Shadowheart Inventory, and also her SpellBook.

Retired Senior Community Manager - Baldur's Gate III & Larian Studios
â–º Twitter Nicou
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
they aren't really part of the party at this point
True ...

But also its tutorial ...
And if we are supposed to learn about our party members, their equipment, prepared spells, spells in general (presuming we dont play cleric oureself), and their items ... this seems like good place. laugh

veteran
veteran
I actually think they should hang on to their equipment well after the tutorial, at least until we develop a high enough relationship with them to change out their gear. Which should also require some sort of dialogue option, like:

"Hey, let's talk about your gear... I think you need an upgrade."

veteran
veteran
Agreed ...
But i would do that by: "Equipable by: Lae'zel" ...

And voila! Nobody will steal Lae'zel armor, and she can easily switch it for anything more effective any time you want. smile

veteran
veteran
Well, Tav should still be able to wear it if Laezel dies.

veteran
veteran
Indeed ...
But even that can be aranged!

Since patch 3 or 4 ... not really sure now ... Larian changed that vendors, when killed, no longer drop all their inventory, but only small portion (the rest probably vanish in the oblivion or something ... not really a fan, but i digress)
Therefore we know it is possible to make inventory =/= loot ...
So all we would need is Lae'zel vielding her armor with "Lae'zel only" atribute ... but if killed, simply drop regular "Githyanki Half Plate" smile

Link Copied to Clipboard