Next Thread
Print Thread
#830569 29/09/22 08:50 PM
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Currently, the game does not pause time when the skill roll screen comes up. This will straight up TPK you around traps.

In the crypt with the criss-cross fireballs, I was walking around disarming all the dragon heads when one of them went off while I was getting close to disarm (I don't know why it went off, but that's not the point). The roll to disarm window came up, but the fireballs kept shooting. As I was setting up my bonuses I noticed my party was being bombarded and tried to escape out of the roll window to move them -- can't escape out (DC was revealed, makes sense to lock the screen so I gotta do the roll). Once I knew I couldn't escape, I tried to power through the roll, but the roll animation felt agonizingly long (only because I was dying), and then the bonuses started adding up as fireballs continued to bombard me, and then my whole party is dead...

Anyway, the morale of the story here is that the game needs to pause time when the inescapable skill check window comes up. Getting TPK'd because the party movement AI arranged them in a particularly dumb grouping while a dice roll animation plays is not a feel good experience.

veteran
veteran
The game never pause even if you press escape. Sad but true.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
You can go into initiative order/turn based at a click in most circumstances. That is effectively a pause function. However, you cannot initiate this while the dice rolling screen is up.

veteran
veteran
This is tough one ...
On one hand being bombarded by firebolts while you cant do anything sucks ...
On the other hand having time stopped would remove any reason for that trap to even exist ...

I guess time stop during rolls is reasonable tho ...
+1

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
The trap triggers when you open the coffin, but it also triggers when you get close to one of the fireball spitters. The game ALREADY goes into initiative order if you trigger via the coffin, so it pauses there. Unclear how that negates the reason for the trap.

Link Copied to Clipboard