Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
So Minsc is out of the box - literally rolleyes
Lets see how they introduce other characters.

We finally have a release date.
Its still a long time though.
Well, lets wait for the panel from hell and patch 9 first.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
old hand
old hand
The release date is already reassuring. Too bad that no group of 5 or 6 was shown and / or multiclassing. Would also be too good to be true, until the release with larger group and level 6 for multiclassing in two subclasses to experiment with the already accessible game content. But maybe there will be a patch 10 that makes this possible ...

On the other hand, it looks very interesting from 1:18 min on. Either it is a big group after all or they are NPCs ... In front seems to be Jaheira with three Flaming Fists. The left woman with the skulls and the wooden sickle and the wooden shield looks exciting. Reminds me spontaneously somehow of a Death Rites Shaman. The enemy squad starting at 1:20 min shows cloaks with a downward triangle with a skull and blue hand above it, so probably the Cult of Absolute.

This golden awakened statue looks like some kind of Golem to me, followed by an Artificer / Necromancer corpse sticker.

The city of BG looks like the mediterranean Númenor of LotR - RoP. This is how I would have imagined Calimport in Calimshan, for example. BG 1, on the other hand, I remember as a bit "rougher and grayer": https://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/mapbgcity.htm

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 09/12/22 08:17 AM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
I liked the trailer overall, I thought it was cool and it looked good. One thing I'll say though is that I think we should hesitate to look at the trailer in terms of Early Access. This is a trailer to really show off BG3 for world, so I don't think necessarily it will indicate what we can expect from the coming patch.

As for deeper thoughts on the trailer itself, I do wish that this had been the moment when they revealed our other companions, though I can understand them not wanting to do that right before the PFH and all it's doing. There was a lot of fun stuff in the trailer. I did not put together that the elf was Jaheira though. As for Minsc's reveal, he earned big points by killing that mimic (I HATE mimics, they freak me out just on a conceptual level, as well as in form). I think that this is the first time BG3 has really shown reverence for the older games. I'm not familiar with the older games so maybe there's been stuff that I missed, but that's my perspective. I like it, and I do hope that this puts to bed some fears in this forum that Larian will play Minsc as too much of a joke, or a joke in poor taste. And I hope that those fears would be rightly allayed.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Question is:
Will that be enough time for Larian to reconcider some of their decisions ... or are we effectively beyond the point where feedback actualy could change something?

Personally im affraid the second option is true.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/12/22 08:58 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
Hey, that's Jaheria, right?

It really looks like it is

Trailer :
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

FR Fandom :
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/12/22 09:36 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
S
very happy to see the news. i am preparing to buy a m.2 ssd with 2tb size.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Thats what i call nice Elvish face!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Jaheira is a half-elf. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for this Larian Team! Made my day laugh

addict
addict
Like the fact Jaheira has some ummm wisdom in her looks. Granted some source material made her look younger. She is a multi classed Druid/Fighter so her aging should be slower. Here she looks like she is in her 50’s. Unless her class was retconned, I doubt she ever achieved the Druid level that stoped her from aging. She has been through a lot, lost loved ones and seen death at every turn - not bad looking IMO.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 09/12/22 12:55 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Like the fact Jaheira has some ummm wisdom in her looks. Granted some source material made her look younger. She is a multi classed Druid/Fighter so her aging should be slower. Here she looks like she is in her 50’s. Unless her class was retconned, I doubt she ever achieved the Druid level that stoped her from aging. She has been through a lot, lost loved ones and seen death at every turn - not bad looking IMO.

According to 5E, half-elf often live over 180 years old. Assuming she was maybe 25 during the iron crisis, that makes her around 150 years old in BG3. So, maybe wisdow caught up to her and she became a little more tame smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood

That's right, I had forgotten it was a multiclass. Thanks for the reminder. Unlike a reunion with Minsc, I find Jahreira more authentic. After all, it's enough to meet another human (Volo) who has barely aged after 100 years. It's too many coincidences at once for me, unfortunately, to find two or more humans barely aged or not aged at all even in the same future. It reminds me more of our real life with all the plastic surgery etc pp.... or the old man Sly in Rocky VI, that was bad, but in Creed as a mentor guiding the youth, that was better.

So I find it refreshingly relieving that Jaheira has aged "with dignity" and can be a mentor to us like good old Gorion once was.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Gorgeous! I'm looking forward to meet the Drider, I love tormented NPCs! No sight of Boo though, I'm worried he'd been casually gulped down by the mimic frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Question is:
Will that be enough time for Larian to reconcider some of their decisions ... or are we effectively beyond the point where feedback actualy could change something?

At some point the game has to be feature-locked for the sake of actually completing development. The closer we get, the less likely it is that particular details that annoy EA players are going to be changed, if there was ever a chance at all. I'm personally of the opinion that Early Access exists as a marketing ploy to lure in pre-orders rather than as a pool of beta testers who can influence Larian.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Question is:

At some point the game has to be feature-locked for the sake of actually completing development. The closer we get, the less likely it is that particular details that annoy EA players are going to be changed, if there was ever a chance at all. I'm personally of the opinion that Early Access exists as a marketing ploy to lure in pre-orders rather than as a pool of beta testers who can influence Larian.
There has been quite some exemple of changes after players feedback for exemple : first person narration, jump to disengage and high ground advantage. The also have shown that they are gathering tons of telemetry of our playthroughs. Larian not catering 100% to every demands isn't a proof they aren't listening and reacting accordingly.

apprentice
Online Content
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ircmancer
Gorgeous! I'm looking forward to meet the Drider, I love tormented NPCs! No sight of Boo though, I'm worried he'd been casually gulped down by the mimic frown

maybe that is why Minsc was in the mimic?

Last edited by corporal8; 09/12/22 03:00 PM.
veteran
veteran
I was impressed with Jaheira's voice, from what I've heard the original actress fell off the map. I was thinking it was her before I saw the character.

I think Minsc's great quest being a search for Boo is a great idea. When he finds out Boo is the Absolute, it'll be very dramatic!

Last edited by Sozz; 09/12/22 03:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
How sad(( I was so looking forward to the release in early 2023. I've already crawled all the early access. My wife and I, were hoping to have time to play BG3 before the birth of our first child. Now, after the release, you will have to give the child to an orphanage to enjoy the game. Well, or arrange a passage through the shifts.((

veteran
veteran
Auntie Ethel can take care of the child while you play, she is great with children ^^

Also congratulations on parenthood!

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I was also hoping for BG3 in the first half of 2023, but looking at the schedule of games coming out, I'll be playing...

Witcher 3: Next Gen | December 2022 - Definitely playing
Dead Space | January 2023 - Maybe, waiting for reviews
Hogwarts Legacy | February 2023 - Definitely playing
Last Of Us: Part 1 Remake (PC) | March 2023 - Will play as time permits
Resident Evil 4 | March 2023 - Definitely playing
Diablo 4 | June 2023 - Definitely playing
Baldur's Gate 3 | August 2023 - Definitely playing

Starfield is also a must play for me and it is slated to come out in the first half of 2023 unless there is another delay.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is also a must play for me and CDPR has said that it is in the 'final stages of production' for a while now. So I imagine that is likely also a first half of 2023 thing most likely.

Which is to say... there is a lot of stuff I am interested in that will keep me busy until August, then I can go 100% in on BG3. smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard