Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
+1. Also hope they open for predowenload, if only partial. So as to save download lag and potential server crash, when the game finally explodes out on the market laugh

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Now if that is how they are going to introduce Minsc into the game via a mimic that is going to be so cool. Can't wait to see it.
It certainly looks cool ...
Until you start to think about it. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by kansado
Originally Posted by Tatoskok
Has Larian (or Steam) said when exactly (timezone, time, etc.) the game will be released?

I also want to know this frown

Me aswell, does anyone know?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Oneiromancer777
Originally Posted by kansado
Originally Posted by Tatoskok
Has Larian (or Steam) said when exactly (timezone, time, etc.) the game will be released?

I also want to know this frown

Me aswell, does anyone know?

im still waiting to know when im getting the email with the game key

My Name is Regulator and im a Hoarder in the lands of Faerûn.

how much stuff is to much stuff, because its certainly not enough stuff.
S
S
If you have the Collector's Edition, keys are going out 7/26.

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1682413845229318144

Is the release version a completely new download or an just a big update of the early access version???

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Is the release version a completely new download or an just a big update of the early access version???

I would suspect its a clean install as EA's content will no longer exist, meaning it has 33% more content, so the EA we no will no longer exist. With that said, someone corrected me and said it would be a patch, for one reason or another I cant remember. I'm not a techy guy. Just seems to make sense to me it would be a clean install. I uninstalled anyway, so it will be fresh for me.

Last edited by Doomlord; 22/07/23 08:13 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
A
stranger
stranger
A
Do we know what time on the 3rd everything is going to be released?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Agatong55
Do we know what time on the 3rd everything is going to be released?

I don't believe so. There's a thread discussing that at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=867684#Post867684, though no answers as yet.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
stranger
stranger
N
I saw a mention in a listicle on GameRant that the Mac port was coming at the same time as the PC version. Considering that I haven’t seen any update here or on Larian’s social media accounts, aside from the release date for Mac moving from August 31 to TBD, can we assume GameRant was wrong to include Mac in the August 3 release date?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes.

BG3 will release 7pm CET, 1pm EST, 10am PST on August 3rd. That means Asia will get BG3 very late on the 3rd and Eastern Australia 3am August 4th.

The reason is that Steam are located in PST and can only support the release from the morning their time. I guess they expect server download issues they have to address immediately.

Larian wanted the release during the morning in Europe and midnight US east coast, but that would be 9pm in Bellevue near Seattle on the west coast where Steam is located. I guess nobody at work when a 150 GB game releases is a recipe for disaster. So Larian wisely decided to postpone the release a few hours.

Last edited by Stauffenberg; 25/07/23 01:50 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Any idea if the Mac EA version will remain available when the PC full release version comes out? It's not clear at all what will happen for Mac users.

stranger
stranger
So can we presume the macOS version is part of the PC releases on the 3rd of August?

S
S
Originally Posted by Heops
So can we presume the macOS version is part of the PC releases on the 3rd of August?

No, they've said Mac is coming later but not when yet. Ugh!

J
stranger
stranger
J
also, if it's gonna release at the same time for anyone regardless of timezones?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by sublimeclown

That is a huge, huge shame frown ... I still hope they pull a macOS rabbit out of the hat on the 3rd... 🐇🧙‍♂️

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by sublimeclown

That is a huge, huge shame frown ... I still hope they pull a macOS rabbit out of the hat on the 3rd... 🐇🧙‍♂️
I will be playing on my GeForce Now account until the Mac version is released.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
They really should have just delayed it and released on mac/pc/and ps5 at the same time.

It’s not like we ALL haven’t waited/been patient enough. EA initially released pc/Mac at the same time and the first few updates followed suit and then after a year or so every update came first and Mac had to wait for some reason.

Pretty unfair imo but alas, also grateful they even ported to mac. Because at first it was only supposed to be for pc.

veteran
veteran
Why?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
They really should have just delayed it and released on mac/pc/and ps5 at the same time.
Why? Mac, PS5 and XBOX won’t get their game any earlier if it won’t release on other platforms. By that logic we should cancel the release and wait for XBOXS situation to be released. Perhaps wait for Larian to port to Switch as well.

If Larian released as they planned on 31 of August they would run into heavy competition with Starfield. I don’t think FOMO is worthwhile reason, to risk loosing sales.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard