Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
So like lots of other hard core fans I got the early release and love it so far.

However I am concerned there isn’t a way to upgrade to the collectors edition.

Am I missing something?

Seems like it would be very bad business to make your most loyal fans buy a second copy of the game if not needed.

Let me know. Thanks.

veteran
veteran
Curious about this too myself.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, seems very unfair that the most loyal fans, who supported the game since day one, have no way to upgrade their purchase to the collector's edition but instead having to buy another identical copy of the game.

I would also say that since EA was sold to us at full price, a discount on the collector's edition would be appreciated.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
D:OS2 collectors edition included 2 copies of the game, and those weren't even included in the box, you got them in advance. I doubt they are gonna build a system to track if you've purchased the game beforehand and then give out discounts, it would just be too much manual work.

There are 25k copies available (15k with the magic the gathering packs) and based on my receipt, at least 3131 have been sold. If you really want one, I suggest purchasing it now and then canceling later if it's not an acceptable price without a discount.

Last edited by Bercon; 09/12/22 05:56 AM.
veteran
veteran
I'd like to buy one too but I don't need 2 copies of the game at all... spending 280€ may be ok to me (it is already a lot) but 340 is really too expansive...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/12/22 07:34 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Well you could possibly try selling the key. I'd guess 40€ is a realistic ask if the game costs 60€, so you'd only take 20€ hit.

veteran
veteran
Well... it hurts A LOT but I have bought it... The 4 boxes of BG1 and BG2 on my shelf needs a box of BG3 next to them.

I really hope players that have bought Early Access will have additionnal rewards.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Im just gonna give my second key to my girlfriend

journeyman
journeyman
Yes I would like to have the option to upgrade as well...

Of course checking who has paid for the early access would not be a manual operation, you can bet they have a database of current customers that they can poll.

Last edited by Isenthal; 09/12/22 03:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
Steam and Larian accounts are actually linked, so wouldn't really be too big if an issue I believe.

addict
addict
I can understand upgrade options for editions that add extra digital content (dlcs, soundtrack, digital artbook...), but in this case, it's a limited edition and it only contains physical items.

It makes sense not to be able to upgrade because of this.

But a deluxe edition that contains things like the soundtrack and a digital copy of the artbook? I would love that!

veteran
veteran
Got it!!!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yea it has a lot of people bent out of shape. I would hazard to guess a very significant amount of people who would be end users and be the types to buy a CE have already purchased the EA version.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I can understand upgrade options for editions that add extra digital content (dlcs, soundtrack, digital artbook...), but in this case, it's a limited edition and it only contains physical items.

It makes sense not to be able to upgrade because of this.

But a deluxe edition that contains things like the soundtrack and a digital copy of the artbook? I would love that!

It also contains a digital steam code of the game which is the part that has people skizzled.

T
stranger
stranger
T
As I plan to put thousands of hours into the game (already over 700 in EA) I'm not going to cry if we don't get some kind of bonus for buying both EA and the collector's edition. I bought the collector's purely for the Diorama. And will be giving the game code to a buddy. Granted I would love it if we get some sort of incentive for buying both but, we'll see I guess.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I just passed 400 hours in EA play throughs so it was $60 well spent for me. The collector's edition is not a necessity. You don't have to have the CE to play the game at all, it's just something extra for collectors like me. Having played the first two games in 1998 and 2000 and having CEs of both those games, I choose to pay the hefty price.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard