Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
So I played some as a devotion paladin after getting the patch, then started a new game as a bard, and now my companions are almost like regular npc minions and not companions with inventories or separate tabs for abilities like they usually do. I did a new game as a barbarian and it did this too [img]https://ibb.co/XbrPk2L[/img]

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
My paladin playthrough all the companions still operate normally but my barbarian and bard right after have no inventories or character sheets and the actionbars look just like the picture

veteran
veteran
Have you ever played with class mods

journeyman
journeyman
Hello, yes me too, I noticed that also from the previous Patch, but it happens only in the Nautiloïd, once on the beach I can access their inventory.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Sozz
Have you ever played with class mods
Ever? Yes but no mods installed currently

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Isenthal
Hello, yes me too, I noticed that also from the previous Patch, but it happens only in the Nautiloïd, once on the beach I can access their inventory.
I just played a bit farther and it was as you said, this bug only existed on the nautoloid for laezel and shadowheart

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by dudeface
this bug only existed on the nautoloid for laezel and shadowheart
Wanna hear something funny and frustrating at the same time?

Its not a bug ...
Its feature.

Larian get the impression that we should not be able to adjust Lae'zel and Shadowheart inventories, prepared spells, or consumables ... not really sure why, since they never comented on it ... but most people guess its bcs we used to stole their equipment and stuff. laugh

Wanna hear something even more funny?
We still can stole their equipment, so this nonsence keep existing just to confuse people ... after all, its "just tutorial", who would expect the game to act naturaly, so we can actualy learn how to use things there, right? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
stranger
stranger
M
They don't have inventories when you are on the Nautiloid. That is because they are not yet your companions. You meet each other and help each other escape, but you're not actually joined up with each other. It is not until you meet each other later and decide to band together that they become your companions.

So not a bug. It's simply part of the story being told.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
This
Originally Posted by michc
They don't have inventories when you are on the Nautiloid. That is because they are not yet your companions. You meet each other and help each other escape, but you're not actually joined up with each other. It is not until you meet each other later and decide to band together that they become your companions.

So not a bug. It's simply part of the story being told.
Wow thats a very strange thing to do. I thought the game was broken because I couldn't use the new conditional reactions they added for bard's inspiration on either of them

veteran
veteran
It's not something they changed though, they fixed it instead or rather added proper tags for them since Lae'zel and Shadowheart are not companions on the Nautiloid, but temporary followers. They only become actual companions once they're actually recruited into the party.

Also people complained how companions are forced upon them or something, so this fix also serves to separate them from being actual companions until the player makes the choice willingly to take them.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It's not strange at all. Lots of games have done something similar in the past.

Link Copied to Clipboard