Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Flooter Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Twice in a row, I’ve tried to split Magic Missile targets in order to avoid killing a key target. Twice, the combat log correctly announced the intended targets, then showed that the damage dealt didn’t match the targets.

I couldn’t get the screen grab, but the log said something like this:

Gale targets Fezerk with Magic Missile
Gale targets Goblin Tracker with Magic Missile
Gale targets Goblin Tracker with Magic Missile
Magic Missile deals 3 damage to Fezerk
Fezerk gains condition Surrendered
Magic Missile deals 2 damage to Fezerk
Magic Missile deals 5 damage to Fezerk
Fezerk dies
Fezerk loses condition Surrendered
Flooter gains condition Confused

Edit: the second time, all three missiles went at Fezerk. The first time, I made the same split but 2 went at Fezerk and 1 at the tracker.

Last edited by Flooter; 16/12/22 12:06 PM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey, same problem when you twinned a spell with a sorcerer. I was in the Crypt and cast two orbs, first one did double damages, the other just created a surface.
That and my game began to crawl to a stop, like two second per frame (R5 3600XT - 16GB - RTX3070).
Frustrating.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Can confirm the magic missile damage issue - and seen others on Steam noting same.

veteran
veteran
Same results with Scorching Ray ...
I gues its safe to presume that this patch have serious problems with multi targeting. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
stranger
stranger
M
Issue with multi-targeting and NPC IA ( overloading my PC, NPC get stuck in place, as PC after casting ). Very strange.

veteran
veteran
Very interesting indeed ...

When i started to count on this bug, and intentionaly Twined my spells, to give twice as much damage to Main Target ... it worked properly. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/12/22 06:04 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
are you guys using image tags to target the spell because Magic Missile is working correct for me

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Flooter Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
No, but I’ll try it. Thanks for the tip.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
odd, seems to work now, but I did nothing different when it failed - may have been against a particular enemey in a particular encounter (I can't remember where, but it happened twice). I just remember being 'whoaa!' - I selected the spell, clicked a few missiles for one target a few for another and the one target received all the damage. I always select by clicking the targets on the screen (not via potraits at top) - and that has always worked. Anyway, hope it doesn't happen again

Flooter Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
are you guys using image tags to target the spell because Magic Missile is working correct for me
Tried using image tags to target the Hag’s reflections (not easy, but doable) and Magic Missile worked correctly. Maybe that’s the trick or maybe, as booboo said, it depends on the enemy/encounter.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Seem all multi targets spells are broken. Magic missile, twin spell, scorch ray so far only pile on the first NPC targeted with my sorcerer.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Mister Wiseman
Seem all multi targets spells are broken. Magic missile, twin spell, scorch ray so far only pile on the first NPC targeted with my sorcerer.

Yep, I’ve seen the problem with magic missile and scorching ray.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
G
stranger
stranger
G
I can confirm that a fifth level Eldritch Blast targeting two separate creatures/objects results in the same bug. Like some here have noted, multi-target spells seem to work correctly at times and incorrectly at others, though in my experience the incorrect behavior happens much more frequently. I've tried to pin down a common link between the times that the spell(s) work as intended, but so far I haven't had any luck. For what it's worth, I get the sense that the incorrect behavior happens more often with spells that have some additional effect, such as creating a surface or knocking a creature back (as in Repelling Blast), but that might just be because I've focused my attention on such spells in trying to deduce the source of the bug. The search continues~

Last edited by Grant; 20/12/22 03:22 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Grant
I can confirm that a fifth level Eldritch Blast targeting two separate creatures/objects results in the same bug. Like some here have noted, multi-target spells seem to work correctly at times and incorrectly at others, though in my experience the incorrect behavior happens much more frequently. I've tried to pin down a common link between the times that the spell(s) work as intended, but so far I haven't had any luck. For what it's worth, I get the sense that the incorrect behavior happens more often with spells that have some additional effect, such as creating a surface or knocking a creature back (as in Repelling Blast), but that might just be because I've focused my attention on such spells in trying to deduce the source of the bug. The search continues~

I’m also struggling to find a pattern. Multiple target spells seemed to fail every time until I tried the tip in this thread and targeted the character portraits rather than the sprites. That seems to work correctly every time, and after I’d done that once I did still have a problem when targeting the sprites with Gale’s magic missile, but Wyll’s level 5 double eldritch blast (which is also repelling) hasn’t shown the problem at all.

As you say, the search continues …

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
stranger
stranger
M
When i twin chromatic orb both surfaces are created, but only one take damage.
Non related bug, when you attack from stealth all NPC adversary stay "frozen" in place, no self preservation or reaction to theirs buddies being hits 2-3 in a row.

old hand
old hand
When i twin chromatic orb both surfaces are created, but only one take damage.
Non related bug, when you attack from stealth all NPC adversary stay "frozen" in place, no self preservation or reaction to theirs buddies being hits 2-3 in a row.

The second bug appears to happen when you are too far from the target. Is it your case as well?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I have noticed a couple of places where this seems worse than in previous patches, including being able to finish off about four enemies in the Zhentarim hideout without them finding me and entering combat. I wasn’t even in stealth, just on high ground. But that might just be coincidence as things like this did happen in previous patches too. I do wish enemies were more proactive about moving towards the spot attacks come from when the attacker is out of normal combat range.

old hand
old hand
Okay, so I think I've figured out the meat of the multi-targeting bug. If the next target is farther to the caster than the previous target then the bug occurs. You need to target the farthest target first then the damage split works properly. In case there are more than 2 targets you need to target them in an descending order based on proximity. Hope this gets fixed. This is the workaround for now.

Last edited by neprostoman; 21/12/22 12:53 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Okay, so I think I've figured out the meat of the multi-targeting bug. If the next target is farther to the caster than the previous target then the bug occurs. You need to target the farthest target first then the damage split works properly. In case there are more than 2 targets you need to target them in an descending order based on proximity. Hope this gets fixed. This is the workaround for now.
That give "strategic gameplay" an all new meaning.

And i found an others one, after using a multi-targets spell, the caster cannot move, stuck in place until i end the turn.
About the "stormtrooper awarness" bugs, in the crypt i was two meters from a bandit, blasting him multiple time with chill touch. He didn't even turn around to see me, didn't enter combat.
And you can add a bug in the vulkan renderer that turn my 3070RTX into an S3 Virge (had to switch to DX11).

Knowing that we will not have the Monk class, half of subclass, multiclassing, Act 2 and 3 until release only tested by Larian, make me strangely kinda nervous. A patch 10, around March-April, that include some of those features is necessary IMO

Last edited by Mister Wiseman; 21/12/22 06:15 PM.
addict
addict
They do have playtesters and the last pfh did mention about being able to apply to be one. Not sure if you still have to go to their office sometimes….

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 21/12/22 03:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard