Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#836377 19/12/22 05:05 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
I've started this post to suggest not having the off-hand attack being triggered automatically (and suggest adding a toggle).
But, I had a doubt and googled it to see what the others were saying about this.

Apparently it's an existing feature but it's way too easy to miss, in my opinion 😐 (ignore the blood around Gale 😅, it was for science) :

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Seriously, I don't like shaming sizes...but it's sooo small. It's not only not intuitive (I had no idea it existed) but it's difficult to know which mode is active. The icon is barely "readable" and both modes have a strikingly similar looking icon.

So my suggestion is this :
Could we make the "two-weapon fighting toggle" to be more intuitive, with the icons being more obvious and easy to read?
Pretty please 😁 ?

Edit : the two mode having different colored icons might help as well.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 19/12/22 05:16 PM.
old hand
old hand
+1 Yes I'm for it too, because it's not beginner friendly at all.

veteran
veteran
+1 This has been an issue since the beginning of EA, and the new icon is somehow worse than the original toggle.

-> In-game tooltips should explain what the toggle is, along with the mechanics of dual-wielding (and two-handing).
-> The toggle should be more noticeable
-> It should probably default to "off." In general, things should default to the option that gives players more control.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
...there's a toggle !? wink

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
+1 Yes I'm for it too, because it's not beginner friendly at all.

I mean, yeah, it's not even veteran friendly apparently 😅

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
+1 This has been an issue since the beginning of EA, and the new icon is somehow worse than the original toggle.

-> In-game tooltips should explain what the toggle is, along with the mechanics of dual-wielding (and two-handing).
-> The toggle should be more noticeable
-> It should probably default to "off." In general, things should default to the option that gives players more control.

I would agree with this as well.

Originally Posted by booboo
...there's a toggle !? wink

Haha, pretty much my reaction 😅

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Agreed, the toggle is really hard to spot and unless you know it’s there the game doesn’t give you enough info to know you need to look for it. As mrfuji3 says above, it is worse now than it was in some earlier patches - not sure when it changed but it used to be a longer, thin box that at least made it possible to spot that it had either one or two blades on it. The new one is nigh on unreadable!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I would have never spotted the toggle if someone wouldn't point it out to me.

veteran
veteran
+1

Personally didn't have an issue knowing it exists when I started playing, but if others do then have my vote ^^

addict
addict
+1

I still couldn’t say after all this time if two tiny swords on the icon means I swing both at once, or if it means I get to swing twice (once main hand, once off hand).

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
addict
addict
i think there is even a shortcut? if i remember right.

Link Copied to Clipboard