Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
"Want to help fine-tune the experience, or even get your hands on Act 2 and 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3 before anyone else? 👀
We're looking for RPG fans to playtest in the following locations: Gent, Quebec, Barcelona, Selangor, Dublin, and Guildford!"

https://larian.com/playtest?fbclid=IwAR0cl0JNqH6iwkIJmfcgBoMo_-Dquy08aCpMyTh5NzIVr_XELsYRdaAS1AI

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 22/12/22 12:58 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
"Commitment to at least 1 full day of playtesting, to be done in-person at one of our offices"

That explains the odd locations, I was wondering lol

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
*sad Australian noises*

addict
OP Offline
addict
"Larian, over here!!"
cheer opa wave claphands

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
This has actually been open for months - sadly I'm not in a suitable location or capable of travelling to one, or you can rest assured I'd be there.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I'd be tempted if it was in Ontario and not Quebec City, long ass drive, also Quebec.

addict
addict
yeah let me just fual my airplane.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Disappointed no American sites and also no BETA at home testing.. I have done many games and expansions, EQ ESO to name a couple but.... nothing from Larian.. Sigh

C
addict
addict
C
"In our offices" is reasonable, but it would be nice if there were some travel vouchers on offer in lieu of comp

old hand
old hand
its not real testing just a gimic to promote the game

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
its not real testing just a gimic to promote the game
Nah, I am am pretty sure they are gathering playtesters to have them try later stages of the game. There was similar thing happening before early access was released. Companies test their games internally. I guess doing it in-house insures that footage won’t be leaked.

old hand
old hand
they are asking for normal people to play parts of their game yes... the thing is Playing a game isn't the same thing as 'testing' a game, testing is a skill you have to teach or learn

i'm sure a few a few people will spot and report bugs exspecially ones at the start but heres the thing;
when you have a world wide event to showcase your game at xmas and it will not even run when people installed it correct as per instructions you gave them thats a huge clue your 'testing' system isn't working and this isn't the first time. we go through this mess of basic errors each patch... Arguably getting worse each time because basic testing was skipped

i wish Larian well and i'll keep reporting bugs while hoping for the best

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It would be 6 1/2 hours by train from my location to Gent, so it would be possible. And to say that I am interested would be an understatement 😄
But unfortunately, since the dates for the playtesting are not announced yet, I don't know if I could take a vacation at that time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
they are asking for normal people to play parts of their game yes... the thing is Playing a game isn't the same thing as 'testing' a game, testing is a skill you have to teach or learn
you are describing QA work, but I don’t think that is what those are for. I have heard some dev say how incredibly valuable it is to get fresh eyes and hands on your games - see if people notice and interact with stuff in UI, see how they approach quests, how do they navigate the map, do they pay attention to the things you want them to etc. That is not a perspective that someone who knows and works on the game can really provide.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard