Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#838221 27/12/22 12:36 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I'm near entrance to dark crypt and I have not seen shovel... was it moved?

old hand
old hand
Do you mean Shovel, the Quasit familiar? If so, you will find him somewhere in a cave under the apothecary's cellar from Blighted Village.

E
OP Offline
E
I mean the tool. I remember it was near dark crypt, but can't find it anymore

old hand
old hand
It can be found on one of the bandit's corspes, I think the gnome has it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by EstherEloise
I mean the tool. I remember it was near dark crypt, but can't find it anymore

There is a shovel next to it on the left after you leave the Dank Crypt from the entrance where Andorn was guarding the door.

E
OP Offline
E
couldn't find it, but I found it on soul coin stealing bugbear's corpse at druid groves.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by EstherEloise
couldn't find it, but I found it on soul coin stealing bugbear's corpse at druid groves.
Ah good maybe some random loot luck. I am at home now to make some screenshots of the two easiest locations for future playthroughs. Pictures say more than tousand words. cool2

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

addict
addict
OMG, I've missed both of those shovels on all my playthroughs 😅
Thank you for the screenshots!

E
OP Offline
E
I missed one, but first picture shovel was not there

addict
addict
I've just checked on my save, both were there.

E
OP Offline
E
It probably bugged on me, on my second playthrough it was there.

S
old hand
old hand
S
He's not appearing for me either, despite doing the usual

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Silver/
He's not appearing for me either, despite doing the usual

Is that Shovel the quasit? This thread is about a missing spade.

If the quasit (guessing it might be as you said "he"!) did you find his scroll, but he didn't appear when it was used? Or was the scroll not there? I had no problems summoning him last playthrough, but though I wasn't sure I thought the scroll might have appeared in a different place.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
The scroll was not there. I assume I missed a check without noticing somehow, or it moved.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The scroll was not there. I assume I missed a check without noticing somehow, or it moved.

I think it may have moved yes. For me last time it was in the casket to the right of the steps up to the mirror, one balanced on a bit of an outcropping of rock. I'm not 100% sure, but I think previously it was in another coffin, or perhaps on the table?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen

I think it may have moved yes. For me last time it was in the casket to the right of the steps up to the mirror, one balanced on a bit of an outcropping of rock. I'm not 100% sure, but I think previously it was in another coffin, or perhaps on the table?

It's in the coffin you described, at least since Patch 7. It's the same one that doesn't activate the skeletons, unlike all the other coffins. wink

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/01/23 05:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
I've played a couple playthroughs now and I have literally never come across shovel. After I learned that the coffins are trapped, I just never interact with them unless I'm in the mood for more combat.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I've played a couple playthroughs now and I have literally never come across shovel. After I learned that the coffins are trapped, I just never interact with them unless I'm in the mood for more combat.

Well, as Lotus Noctus says the coffin that has Shovel’s scroll isn’t trapped, so you can grab it without a fight … if you know which one to go for smile.

But I didn’t come across Shovel either until I saw it talked about by other players, not because I didn’t have the scroll but because I’m a terrible hoarder of scrolls and consumables. I guess I should have realised there was something different as the scroll is described, I think, as “Summon Quasit” rather than “Summon Familiar”. But I do hope Larian will signpost the fact that this scroll has location-specific content more clearly in the full release, perhaps with a cutscene when you pick up the scroll.

I sold my shovel and it is by the vendor, but it has 0 gold value and I cannot buy it back. The icon has white/gray frame.

"Small" issue I didn't want to open a new thread for it.

Last edited by warg; 18/08/23 02:47 PM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard