Next Thread
Print Thread
#842121 23/01/23 05:08 AM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hey, sorry for the question! Also, -SPOILER ALERT for R.A Salvatore's Way of the Drow book series-

Has larian mentioned at all the possibility of including the Aevendrow, drow from the most recent forgotten realms books, in BG3? I can't find any information on it anywhere at all, was just curious if i missed something.
Thanks!

P
addict
addict
P
I would say that there's little chance of that, given that BG3 is working with actual play material, but they've already given us two types of Drow for unknown reasons.

You could just play a Seldarine Drow and it would have a similar effect.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nergaoul
Aevendrow

Oh nice. This is the first time I've heard of it. Maybe I will rethink my planned V-Human Blue Spellplague Bard-Sorceress.

L
addict
addict
L
The Aevendrow/Lorendrow/Udadrow retcons from what I hear basically replace all the pre-existing drow history and cultures that have been around since 2nd edition, so I'd rather that particular can of worms doesn't get addressed in-game and they stay in Salvatore's books. Not a fan of his more recently published content, to say the least.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't think they would. technically they should just be an elf sub-race. what Larian try to do is "drow under Lolth's influence" and "drow not under Lolth's influence".

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Ah, i see. Thanks for the replies guys!

The Aevendrow keep to themselves. They have never exposed themselves to surfacers and likely never will. I read the Starlight Enclave book to do research on them back when Patch 8 was new, and my Patch 8 character was a half Drow (half human and half Aevendrow, I came up with a good backstory on how my half-drow's parents met though Aevendrow are very careful not to reveal their existence to the surface world, especially to Udadrow (That's what they call Lolth-Sworn Drow)). That may change in R.A. Salvatore's next book, as his most recent books, Starlight Enclave and Glacier's Edge take place a couple years before Baldur's Gate 3, who knows?

Last edited by BladeDancer; 11/02/23 03:16 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard