Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Doomlord
My worry is, if the forums are this bad, and for me its Horrible,

I hope this isn't a reflection how the game will play.

Only if you don't have an SSD.

Blackheifer
I suppose the answer to my question is yes, then, we'll have to use these forums for the support.

It would be a good reason to solve the problem.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I can barely get in here anymore.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Echoing everyone....things are quite annoying at this time and have been for the whole day. One would think there would be some effort to fix this so close to release. Or they're just keeping it as it is to keep the toxic spammers away. That might actually be worth it.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
I’m impressed that so many people have managed to post today as I’ve barely been able to log in due to timeouts.

Forum performance is definitely no indication of game performance, though, but unfortunately is not something that Larian can easily fix as, from what I’m told, it’s a third party service. It’s clearly totally terrible, but the only viable solution seems to be to completely replatform the forums.

It is disappointing that if they’re still like this come launch then they’re going to be basically unusable for help and support. I can only suggest that people try Larian’s Discord (link on their home page) instead when these forums are crawling.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I have the phone near me to try and reach the forum and load the topics while playing Guild Wars 2 😁

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I’m impressed that so many people have managed to post today as I’ve barely been able to log in due to timeouts.

Forum performance is definitely no indication of game performance, though, but unfortunately is not something that Larian can easily fix as, from what I’m told, it’s a third party service. It’s clearly totally terrible, but the only viable solution seems to be to completely replatform the forums.

It is disappointing that if they’re still like this come launch then they’re going to be basically unusable for help and support. I can only suggest that people try Larian’s Discord (link on their home page) instead when these forums are crawling.

And in a fine bit of Forum irony it took me about 30 minutes to load and respond to this post.
If Larian chooses not to get a new service before launch that's on Larian.

Regardless,if Discord is the best place, they need to communicate that information officially, otherwise they are going to compound the frustration of people who are having issues post launch.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Let's see the good side of it, at least it makes the barrier of entry higher so that only truly dedicated (or insane?) people post here. :P

veteran
veteran
Would be great to either fix these forums, or properly moderate the Steam ones.

It's really not Larian's speciality though and I get that.

I used to own an Audi, great engine, amazing stick shift, but the cupholders were just garbage. Audi can make one of the best performance Engines in the world but asking them to design a cupholder is a bridge too far.

Larian is the Audi of gaming companies is what I am saying :P

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Quite honestly.
If i should pick between wiping whole forum out in order to make it work properly ...
Or keep it under theese circumstances ...

I would wipe it myself. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Quite honestly.
If i should pick between wiping whole forum out in order to make it work properly ...

Exactly.
There is no need to migrate anything.
Just start a new service.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Alodar
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Quite honestly.

Exactly.
There is no need to migrate anything.
Just start a new service.
An lose all that SEO goodness? No chance!

veteran
veteran
These forums should be preserved as an archive, for the BG3 EA and for all their previous titles, then set up new boards for the full BG3 release.

In about a week all the EA material and discussions are going to be outdated anyway, and there's a pretty good chance that internal links and 3rd party image hosting will end up busted sooner rather than later, making what's here a lot less useful. Currently the search function doesn't really work, the boards are slow, and I'm sure there are security issues from trying to keep it running well past it's expiration date lol. If the goal is to keep things cozy and avoid spambots, they could easily have a "Public" section for perspective buyers and an "Owners" section for people who actually purchased the game. This would cut down on people who only show up to play provocateur or who want to bomb the forums with wedge issues and vitriol. Not that it wouldn't still go down, but probably not to the same extent we've seen on say the Steam boards hehe.

Just seems like something they should try to get ahead of, because I'm sure there's going to be a big influx next month. Discord is cool and all, but it's really not the same. It's not archival and doesn't work well for long form discussions of the sort that Dungeons & Dragons players often delight in. I like the new emojis and the new banner header and such, but they could do a lot more.

It seems to be fixed, now! Hopefully doesn't happen again during launch.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Thebazilly
It seems to be fixed, now! Hopefully doesn't happen again during launch.
You jinxed it.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Actually that's a good point, we should archive the EA stuff. It was our journey after all, and this is a new journey.

Also, It may just confuse people if they stumble upon it.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Better today than yesterday, but I imagine it's related to the overall traffic right? I think that's why it's intermittent for me, cause sometimes it loads instantly, sometimes takes several minutes.

If they do set up new boards, I think they should allow upvotes since that would probably take some of the pressure off thread bumping during high traffic periods. I would avoid passive downvotes though, since most forums have that feature anonymous. I think that anonymity can encourage pettiness and mean spirits in the tit for tat, with little benefit to the overall discourse coming from the -1.

ps. I also think they should pay their moderators, cause that's work, and often unglamorous work lol. Battling spam and torching out trolls all day can be dispiriting. Mainly though I think they should do it to ensure they have a Flaming Fist moderator in each major timezone. To catch stuff as it's happening or before it gets unseemly, lock threads when it makes sense, and then trash compact those threads in another section, so they aren't sucking up all the oxygen in the room. Thinking more about the steam situation there, though it sometimes bleeds over.

Mostly though I just wanted kick around boards that are about BG3 specifically, as a Dungeons & Dragons game. You know with BG3 themed avatars, sections related to the Nexus for Mods. Maybe an RP category or Power gaming category. That sort of stuff. I would ditch "General" as a forums category, since it's far too general hehe.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/07/23 10:39 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Can the forum be slowed down? This high speed is making me dizzy.

Definitely an improvement of epic proportions but will it last?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I mentioned the forum was having issues on the Discord and got the following response from Larian admin:

We're aware, a forum upgrade is in the pipeline just not quite there 😄

For both support / bug reporting / feedback the best place to go, regardless of forums or not, is:
https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Doomlord
My worry is, if the forums are this bad, and for me its Horrible,

I hope this isn't a reflection how the game will play.

Only if you don't have an SSD.

Had one for many years

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard