Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
veteran
veteran
W
Looks great. I can’t wait to heist the hell out of that keep in the last scene.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I suspect that mollygos or Salo might post this as an official announcement soon, but in the meantime for anyone who didn't catch the fun BG3 animation on the PC Gaming Show that appeared alongside Baldur's Gate city preview ...

I admit one of the things I loved about it was seeing our companions interact with each other. I really hope we'll get more of that feel in the game itself!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Seems like Aradin has made it to the city laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Holy shit! That's what I am talking about!! YES!!

The biggest pull is going to be showing people what baldur's gate looks like - because it's all about that city really. They really brought it to life.

From a Multiplayer perspective Baldur's Gate will be the launching point for other modules and stories, so getting it right and making it feel alive is essential. It looks HUGE!!

Blackheifer
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I suspect that mollygos or Salo might post this as an official announcement soon, but in the meantime for anyone who didn't catch the fun BG3 animation on the PC Gaming Show that appeared alongside Baldur's Gate city preview ...

I admit one of the things I loved about it was seeing our companions interact with each other. I really hope we'll get more of that feel in the game itself!

That was really cute.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Seems like Aradin has made it to the city laugh

Good find! But what is that thing left of him? Some kind of magical guardian?

Last edited by Mushroomo; 11/06/23 11:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by snowram
🥳🎉

Baldur's Gate looks amazing, absolutely gorgeous! I'm even more exited now, I can't wait to explore the city, and to learn how our companions' stories continue.
And Alfira is there, too!
The little winged elephant is adorable, is it a hollyphant?

Thank you so much, everyone at Larian!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Warlocke

That was really cute.

I fully agree, I'd love to see more of them!

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Lyelle

That was really cute.

I fully agree, I'd love to see more of them!

Definitely. I really like the energy here.

I get why some people want more companions with a larger spread of different personalities and alignments, but if Larian decided that thematically BG3 was just going to be about a group of rogues, misfits and outcasts flung together by circumstance and forced to do the Final Fantasy climax of killing God with the power of friendship, I’d be totally here for that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
they post an article on their Chinese Bilibili site. don't know when will they release Steam version. a few pieces of information to catch on to:
1. even a Panel of Hell is coming. it seems there will not be any patches for new content to try in EA.
2. they kinda hint that the Xbox version may not be delivered as in time as other platforms on current release date.
3. potential Gortash romance?

veteran
veteran
I totally missed Gale flying at 2:45 the first time!

Now that looks very interesting indeed.

If you look to the right towards where he's flying towards (not on your screenshot), there is a symbol on a rooftop. I wonder if there are set flying lines sort of a A -> B paths for flying if you have it. I can't imagine free flying is allowed.

That said, It was all a bit too controlled/devs talking while it was being shown. Give us someone that isn't on payroll walking through the city (not quest stuff obviously), just seeing how it really looks when you're the player. I know they won't, but it'd be nice.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 12/06/23 12:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is that the Tiefling Bard from the Druid Grove with the jester outfit playing in the city now?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I get why some people want more companions with a larger spread of different personalities and alignments, but if Larian decided that thematically BG3 was just going to be about a group of rogues, misfits and outcasts flung together by circumstance and forced to do the Final Fantasy climax of killing God with the power of friendship, I’d be totally here for that.

Me too! The companions have really grown dear to me.
Some of my characters fit perfectly in, and some become the party therapist 😄

addict
addict
Again very disappointing.

The city architecture itself is great. But the bland illumination, plastic textures throughout, jarring animations, lots of goofy elements and the overall lack of art direction just makes everything look so artificial.

Also don't know if this will run well, there are frame rate drops already in the trailer.

old hand
old hand
City looks huge. I disagree with the take above that focuses on illumination and 'plastic' textures. BG3 is not made with this floating camera being any relevant in the actual game. This RPG is isometric and the camera work wouldn't be bird's eye view. Up close shadows and light should look better as we've already seen through the EA. Also, I can't see anything to be disappointed about, because visuals in BG3 are top notch when compared to the same genre competitors like PoE and Pathfinder. Those games have less refined models and textures for almost everything, they don't have close ups and cinematics even though their flaws in the areas are compensated through the art direction. I guess if you are comparing this game to a triple A action adventure RPG then this criticism is legit, lmao. Otherwise rather silly imo. But to each their own of course.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Is that the Tiefling Bard from the Druid Grove with the jester outfit playing in the city now?

Yep, if helped at the grove the tieflings say they're heading to Baldur's Gate and hope to see you there, so it's great to see we'll indeed be meeting up with them again!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
addict
addict
L
Much, *much* better than the last trailer. Thank you Larian. Thank you very much.

The dead beholder might look familiar to those of you who played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

Looks like the Elfsong Tavern is confirmed for a revisit (although it was heavily hinted at before)

The location getting such attention could indicate that Dark Alliance fans might be getting some love too? IDK...

addict
addict
BG3 has a AAAA budget.

It is just a terrible art direction and the game looks almost the same as 2 years ago, despite all feedback.

Disappointed to have participated in EA and see so much lost potential.

It will be a ok game I am sure, but not near what it could have been.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mollygos

Return to Baldur's Gate for the first time in 20 years as the iconic city prepares for war. Rediscover legendary locations, uncover new mysteries, and embark on a journey to shape the city's destiny.

On July 7th, join us for the final live Panel From Hell before launch! More details to come. shadowheartsshh

This is huge, BG is a city made up of 3 big subcities, the Upper City made up of 4 wards, Lower City made up of 6 wards, and the newer outer city made up of nine wards. Plus it has an Undercity, a Brothel/Megadungeon. Its the biggest city in the Forgotten Realms.

And this is just ACT 2, the biggest Act, we don't even know where Act 3 occurs, some speculate Candlekeep, others Hell, I hope they surprise us with something cool.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
This is huge, BG is a city made up of 3 big subcities, the Upper City made up of 4 wards, Lower City made up of 6 wards, and the newer outer city made up of nine wards. Plus it has an Undercity, a Brothel/Megadungeon. Its the biggest city in the Forgotten Realms.

And this is just ACT 2, the biggest Act, we don't even know where Act 3 occurs, some speculate Candlekeep, others Hell, I hope they surprise us with something cool.

I wonder about that theory that Baldur's Gate is act 2 and then we'll move on. Was that actually something confirmed by Larian? All the dev commentary in the latest trailer seems to be talking about ending up in Baldur's Gate and seeing there the culmination of all our choices on the way, so I'm now thinking that the final act will be there, though I'd be surprised if we didn't also get new quests that sent us venturing out from that hub. Personally, I like the idea of the city being what we're working up to for symmetry with BG1. I guess it still could be the case that we get a big act 2 based in the city and then a smaller act 3 end game elsewhere, but to me it's sounding as though even if we get to the city in act 2 it'll continue as our base from that point on even if we do get out to visit places like Candlekeep and/or hell!

I'm sure someone in the trailer also mentioned specifically the lower city as the location of our adventures. I find it hard to believe that we'll only get to see that one part of the city, but that did make it sound as though the lower city would be the main focus of our questing and exploration. As you say, though, that's pretty big just by itself!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard