Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
"The Red Queen" is correct, the DR is really somewhere in 1493 +/- 1 or 2 years (more likely +).
If the novels DR helps you more: "The Herald" (last book of Second Sundering) is in DR 1487 or the "Relentless" (last book of Generations) is in DR 1488 so BG3 is in a few years after that events. Deffinetly post Spellplague and 5 -10 years after the Second Sundering. wink
Which is again just another reason, why I don't understand, Larian why don't use The FR Campaign Settings (after the Second Sundering many things was set back to that pre Spellplague state) or the novels as sources... frown
BTW "spellscars" also not a bad idea wink (and not so far in the timeline to become "unthinkable") but (sadly) again it looks like Larian doesn't exactly open for the playerses this type (graphical and other improvements in C.C.) of ideas... frown

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zillak
"The Red Queen" is correct, the DR is really somewhere in 1493 +/- 1 or 2 years (more likely +).
If the novels DR helps you more: "The Herald" (last book of Second Sundering) is in DR 1487 or the "Relentless" (last book of Generations) is in DR 1488 so BG3 is in a few years after that events. Deffinetly post Spellplague and 5 -10 years after the Second Sundering. wink
Which is again just another reason, why I don't understand, Larian why don't use The FR Campaign Settings (after the Second Sundering many things was set back to that pre Spellplague state) or the novels as sources... frown
BTW "spellscars" also not a bad idea wink (and not so far in the timeline to become "unthinkable") but (sadly) again it looks like Larian doesn't exactly open for the playerses this type (graphical and other improvements in C.C.) of ideas... frown

Ah ok. Has been a while since i read those books. Will reread them at some point i guess.
Well that really is long after the plague and most of the plague pockets should have vanished. Interesting enough in a lot of the FR novels the spellplagues effects were only mentioned on the side. I can only remember 2 or 3 books were they were a little more prominent.
Spellscars in this year should be pretty rare but not impossible. could be a nice thing to get as a bonus maybe...with a chance to backfire and kill the character laugh

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Well, maybe the plague pockets can appear in the game. If I remember correctly when you need to choose to go Underdark or pass through in the Shadow Infested lands in the surface Halsin said something about that land somehow connected to the Spellplague...(if I'm not remember correctly, I forwardly appologize, it's nearly half a year when I last played the E.A. confused) Either way, it would be great to see that what kind off design Larian can make to the plague pocket, (at least I think) they done a great job with the Underdark. smile
Besides, the plague pockets only started to healing in (novel) The Reaver (Second Sundering 4th book) which play in DR 1486 which is also not "so far" from the current DR. wink
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
...with a chance to backfire and kill the character
That definitely would be a "unique idea/blast" (even if it's a bit too extreme) in the PC RPG games history.....laugh But hey WHY NOT?! If they wish to implement the world correctly, that's also a part of it! wink

Last edited by Zillak; 17/07/23 11:42 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zillak
Well, maybe the plague pockets can appear in the game. If I remember correctly when you need to choose to go Underdark or pass through in the Shadow Infested lands in the surface Halsin said something about that land somehow connected to the Spellplague...(if I'm not remember correctly, I forwardly appologize, it's nearly half a year when I last played the E.A. confused) Either way, it would be great to see that what kind off design Larian can make to the plague pocket, (at least I think) they done a great job with the Underdark. smile
Besides, the plague pockets only started to healing in (novel) The Reaver (Second Sundering 4th book) which play in DR 1486 which is also not "so far" from the current DR. wink
...with a chance to backfire and kill the character
That definitely would be a "unique idea/blast" (even if it's a bit too extreme) in the PC RPG games history.....laugh But hey WHY NOT?! If they wish to implement the world correctly, that's also a part of it! wink

Can't remember that :O

Well..why harsh? Have you read the story about Raidon Kane? Abolethic Sovereignity i think. He went to a town where pilgrims went to get a spellscar. Most of the died trying. So it is high risk (maybe) high reward situation. Some spellscars are useless :P

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
No Githyanki would be a monk class since that's more of a Githzerai thing anyways,

Githyanki are fighters and Githzerai are monks, also with Githzerai you swap out +1 strength for +1 wisdom.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I really wished to read that series as well! But sadly where I live that series doesn't came out at all... cry
Well..why harsh? Have you read the story about Raidon Kane? Abolethic Sovereignity i think. He went to a town where pilgrims went to get a spellscar. Most of the died trying. So it is high risk (maybe) high reward situation. Some spellscars are useless :P
Well for me, spellscar would be an interesting addition in both way (just a graphical addition in c.c. or a high risk high reward bonus what maybe "backfire in the face") if Larian do that. wink
Just imagine the situation when your M.C. walk in a big city like B.G. with an unhidden spellscar (which can be backfire any minute).... That' would be a real "Roleplaying" with soo much potential! wink
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
No Githyanki would be a monk class since that's more of a Githzerai thing anyways,

Githyanki are fighters and Githzerai are monks, also with Githzerai you swap out +1 strength for +1 wisdom.
Just as you said, and it would be really easy to create them but sadly for some reason it looks like Larian doesn't want to correctify or expand the c.c. cry
Which is really a sad thing because even if they just copy the parameters of the old NWN2 c.c. (which would be the most correct c.c.until now, among all the games which play in Faerun) their game would be soo much greater! I know every developer team "want their own and unique" ..etc. But why change the perfectly working? BTW that was a correct one so it wouldn't be a copy, just simply another world (Faerun) correct c.c.!
And must say I'm really upset about the mistakes which have in BG3's c.c. because in one hand Larian really do a great job to implement the world and it's details, but in the other hand they don't give a damn about this mistakes which could be correctify easily without any drastical changes or hard work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard