Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
if you are stuck at 92-3% then the game has finished downloading and the issue is your cpu has to now unpack it which needs both large space + permission to use that space... that step can take an hour on systems with low ram or slow drives

edit ps Check permissions on C ProgramData GOG.com antivirus lock may be the prob

if you are stack at less than 92% then its a network issue between you and Gog servers ie, your hand shake dropped and limiting band witd to make your download more stable is all you can do without bulding a tunnel or using the offline installs through your web browser... personally i'd give it a few days and try agian before doing that

yes the Gog servers are back up now, yes they can be a bitch still to use because of the back log and yes gog is very much aware... its harder to tell if they give a shit but they are aware

Last edited by Ussnorway; 26/07/23 08:07 AM.

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
OP Offline
Ok , an update of my situation.... so i decided to stay up and watch it , because when i finish picking up what i needed to before i left the room it had 5 mins left on install, so figured what the heck, might as well and wait the 5 minutes. So I hit the threshold of 67.67GB installed and the MBPS rate started to fall again like a brick made out of lead, but it instead of falling to less then 1 mbps it stopped falling from 55 mbps to 14 mbps and eventually got through it.. now i could have just said it completed the install at the start, but then where would the drama and suspense have been. lol After that i launched it from the icon that was made( didn't want to jinx anything, because with my luck lately that seemed prudent) so then i went to my last save after getting into it, and it loaded ... took a long time for terrain to load, and for it to load the save, longer then normal to load save, and a lot longer on terrain. So after it loaded and I moved around a tiny bit i left the save and went back into it.. only message i get now is the one on this is patch 9, and if i wanted to play patch 8 saves how to do it. no longer a mismatch error. also for playing it on the safe side I went back into the GoG software and told it to search for updates, it did a few second download then it was done. From there i made a new shortcut of the larilauncher to pin to the taskbar and thats where I am now. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 08:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
cool thanks for the update... see you in 2 weeks when we all ask Larian why they didn't prep for us all downloading on the same day at the same time wink

OP Offline
the CPU is a AMD Ryzen 7 2700 eight core 3.2 Ghz , the drive is a 2 tb solid state and I have 16 gb of RAM. the slowest piece of equipment is the video card is RX580, but might upgrade my daughter's pc with this vid card and get me a new one . she is really big on Dnd and really wants to play the game though she is 11 years old . I don't think things will scare her since she is used to games like diablo 3 and sort of has a dark sense of humor, but the romance stuff , well i will have to go through the game once so i can screen out those parts if her and i play a multiplayer over LAN. ...she also likes to play the bad guy when we play the table top d&d, and often plays the game as a henchman of one of our DMs boss characters .. her goal is to kill the party , especially mom and dad. lol Dark urge is her kind of character

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 08:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
11 years old may not be ready for some of the sex options... just putting that out there as there are some iffy scenes like killing kids to get the drow into bed
apart from that the 16G ram is where i would spend money before updating the gpu... the rx580 isn't trash but if you have the cash i'd double the Ram [at least] then get a 3090 for the vram. Great cards

OP Offline
If p
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
11 years old may not be ready for some of the sex options... just putting that out there as there are some iffy scenes like killing kids to get the drow into bed
apart from that the 16G ram is where i would spend money before updating the gpu... the rx580 isn't trash but if you have the cash i'd double the Ram [at least] then get a 3090 for the vram. Great cards

If playing multiplayer and we don't have any of the origin characters though there really isn't any way to my knowledge to have sex scenes is what i was thinking. I don't think you can romance mercenaries, only the origin characters. Basically that should be a way to bypass that. Killing the druid grove is a choice, but she probably would choose to kill the kids in the druid camp.. though i can steer her from choices by just telling her she isn't allowed to pick certain choices to avoid it, but even then you have to choose to sleep with her even if you kill the the druid grove if not mistaken to get to that point. Also i have set groundwork that if i say she can't pick options she has to steer from it because i told her the game is meant for 18 and older and there is content that i may rule for her to steer from, and that she must comply. That is why I might go through the game once over before she does so at least in the main story i will know when things are coming up.

The gore isn't an issue for her. I even told her about the dark urge and the scene shown at last panel from hell.... where he fantasies about cutting of Gale's hand , and then realizes he actually has done so. she thought that sounded funny . she isn't a girly girl, she is more a tomboy. she is comfortable with scenes like in Jurassic world where she watched people getting eaten. In my experience kid's games in dnd tend to be much more violent and bloody then adult tabletop dnd games for a reason. She also has played act 1 already in early access version. I agree with you there is content that i have seen in panels from hell and such she should avoid, but gory, or creepy isn't gonna be an issue for her, its mostly the sex scene stuff which not having origin character as NPCs should help there.

I will have my own single player game as well going on as well and probably will try to romance shadowheart. I have in early access tried and sucessfully been able to romance Lae'zel once, and ironically as playing as a gith going through it playing evil to try that path, but only the once, have tried other times not as evil, but more neutral and never worked out .. and the reward for the one time i did .. got message cutscene isn't available. lol In the table top version i don't like playing good characters like a Dudley Doright kind of character, that is why i in the past before 5e avoided playing a paladin. my favorite paladins are like oath of conquest and then secondly oathbreaker. Most games don't allow evil characters either, so generally play as something neutral , most commonly as true neutral or chaotic neutral, but the most fun games i ever played were once where the big bad offered us the choice to side with em, and the party chose to do so.... well all but the tank ... and he died. lol I play true neutral as there main focus is survival, they will do whatever it takes to survive, good or evil, lawful or chaotic. and chaotic neutral as a merc, but a merc that understands he can achieve more and go for bigger bounty if working with a group, so he maybe greedy, but his type of greedy is group minded.

Last edited by soulstalker; 27/07/23 09:16 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard