Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
addict
addict
I actually would like to see ultra slim bodies more represented.
Current bodies already feels kind of fatish?

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
old hand
old hand
Not only should fat bodies be a thing in BG3, they should also give -1.5 movement and weakness to disease.

Also maybe add a chance of 'cardiac arrest' making the character fall prone for a turn.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I've seen a fat body mod somewhere, possibly Lover's Lab, but there is no armour/clothing for it. The game has only been out for a week and as yet the editor hasn't been released(?) so for now it's just 'fingers crossed' for any mods on one's wish list.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Seriously, can you see a fat human running about, keeping up with a Wood Elf or ANY Elf? The best your gonna get are Dwarves. Be happy you got them. And no, there are not any "professional athletes" that are chubby outside of some MMA guys and power lifters. Name one "Fat" footballer. Name one fat, and im talking FAT, not with a layer of fat over a ton of muscle, who boxes or playes american football. Name me a fat runner. They dont exist. Please stop with the bull@#($* representation. Your DEI doesnt fit here. I suppose we should have a character in a wheelchair too, yeah? That would make a GREAT adventurer. Getting over that mountain, leave alone a large hill, the rest of the party would be like &#$% you and let her roll back down the hill. No one is going to bring a detriment like that on an adventure. You need people that can walk for miles. Run miles, fast. And fight at the end of it, in mortal combat with sword and ax and shield and spell. A fat person just couldnt compete. Or I know, lets add a trans person, cos they are so under represented. Cos yknow, that would happen in a fantasy setting. Honestly, If you werent happy with your sex, you could just cast an illusion or polymorh spell on yourself. How about a "twin-spirit" character? Christ on a cracker. If you want that kind of diversity go play ME4 or Diablo IV and play a druid. They got your DEI in spades over that way.
To say that if your an adventurer your spending all your coin on food and drink, your completely wrong. You need coin for armour upkeep, scroll making, new weapons, cos they do break. Upgraded weapons. Dyou know how much a vorpal blade would cost? At a +1 were talking around 70,000 gps. How about a full suit of plate? Just regular plate, leave alone something like Armour of Darkness or Armour of the Phoenix. That cost thousands of gold unless you happen to find it in a high lvl dungeon, in which case your fat character would be panting along trying to keep up with the rest of the party. Being fat is not healthy at all. Its very UNHEALTHY. It leads to diabetes, heart attacks...it doesnt add to your constitution or strength, certainly not charisma or dexterity. The only thing it wouldnt effect are your intelligence and wisdom, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think going on an adventure at 300lbs is a good idea. Think about how much a horse with barding costs. And lets pretend they did spend their profit on food and drink...yeah, they might indulge for a few nights, maybe even a week, but thats not enough to get fat. And a warrior, a barbarian, a Paladin, any fighting class would want to be in top physical condition. As a fighter myself, moving 200+ lbs is very strenuous. Your never going to be as fast as someone who weighs in at 180. And lets talk races. Have you EVER seen a fat Elf of any kind? No. Because they dont get fat. Their metabolism is too fast, they process food much more quickly. An orc might look like hes got a gut but his biceps are the size of a human thigh and his legs are like tree trunks and that belly is only covering solid muscle. Dwarves LOOK kinda chubby because they are small and compact but all that means is that all that muscle, dwarves being extremely strong, is just more compacted than a larger race.
Being an adventurer, where you have to walk or ride miles upon miles, where you have to deal with gobbos, orks, gnolls, hell...daemons and dragons, you couldnt get fat if you wanted to. All that exercise would keep you in the trim. And the only reason to bring a fat adventurer along is for bait so you can possibly get in better position while that Bugbear is eating the fat one. Please. leave your bloody inclusivity out of this bloody game. We already have every colour under the rainbow, and faces that reflect black people, asians, etc. We have homosexuality in the game. Bisexuality in the game. And now you want fat people. Why? Cos you cant identify with someone who isnt fat? I suggest joining a gym then, or even getting out of your computer chair and start walking your dog. In a few months, you'll have dropped enough lbs that you can identify with any adventurer and dont need to ask for fatties being put in the game.

Last edited by Vargulf; 12/08/23 05:34 PM.
stranger
stranger
I was really surprised this wasn't in. when i saw the 1,2,3,4 in character creation i assumed it meant skinny, normal, fat and muscular. I would love fat and skinny options to be added

I wouldn't personally use Skinny or Fat body build but +1 to anyone who wants them.

Vargulf #879538 12/08/23 08:16 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
As has already been pointed out, this is a fantasy game; it is not a sports simulator. Do you think you would know what day it was if an ogre smacked you on the head with half a tree? Could you take several hits from arrows and still carry on, while hitting as hard as you did at full health?
How many times in BG3 have you been hit with acid and left covered from head to toe and standing in a puddle of it until you take two steps forward and out of the puddle and the acid mysteriously disappears? How realistic is that?

Originally Posted by Vargulf
To say that if your an adventurer your spending all your coin on food and drink, your completely wrong.

The reason I quoted that sentence is because you used the word "your" four times and three times you used it incorrectly. Outside of fantasy and in the real world the word you were looking for was "you're". It should have been: you're (you are), you're, your and you're.

Have you EVER seen a fat Elf of any kind?
Never seen any kind of elf in real life but I have seen elves of all shapes and sizes in my modded Skyrim. I have played Skyrim as a teenage girl; a teenage boy; and old woman; an old man (which is what I am) and all points and combinations in-between and umpteen different races and even species. I did that because it is my game and I can play it how the hell I want to.

I could also point out that in the Norse eddas, dwarfs and elves are the same thing.

For anyone who is interested, here is the thicc mod I mentioned earlier:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/833

Last edited by Beechams; 12/08/23 08:19 PM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Dnd isnt Norse so dwarves and elves arent the same and its very rude to claim dwarves are the same as elves. That's disgusting, ad racist, slanderous, and hateful against dwarves.

Beechams #879559 12/08/23 09:02 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beechams
For anyone who is interested, here is the thicc mod I mentioned earlier:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/833

Yea, no one click on that lol. That's definitely not just adding thiccness lol

Okay, well technically it IS adding a lot of thiccness, but not what I was expecting

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Last edited by Boblawblah; 12/08/23 09:03 PM.
Volourn #879569 12/08/23 09:09 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Volourn
Dnd isnt Norse so dwarves and elves arent the same and its very rude to claim dwarves are the same as elves. That's disgusting, ad racist, slanderous, and hateful against dwarves.
If it's not Norse then why is Swen's name Swen ? think

It's actually elves are the same as dwarfs - elves seem to be a subset of dwarfs or dwarfs in a certain context.

Last edited by Beechams; 12/08/23 09:28 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
I actually would like to see ultra slim bodies more represented.
Current bodies already feels kind of fatish?

Laezel's only skin and bones. Shadowheart is slim. Male characters are slim.

Vargulf #879671 13/08/23 02:53 AM
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
"Have you ever seen a fat elf?" Yeah, I have, and one of them's who I wanted to make in BG3. I might be wrong in thinking that this reads like you're trying to get this discussion locked, but it very much feels like it for some reason.

Anyone know if I should be reporting instead of responding?

Vargulf #879683 13/08/23 03:32 AM
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Please stop with the bull@#($* representation. Your DEI doesnt fit here. I suppose we should have a character in a wheelchair too, yeah? That would make a GREAT adventurer.
Since you mentioned, I want to play a character in a wheelchair now

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Wanting more different body types is a perfectly valid request, so i'm definitely not going to lock this thread, but anyone not engaging with it constructively or civilly, or with due recognition that though this is a request about a computer game, it has implications for some folks' real lives, is risking a timeout.

There is actually zero requirement to talk here about real-life health issues, and debating these is not on topic for a games forum. If you wouldn't pick a fat body option because you personally find it unrealistic (and you care about that in a fantasy video game) you can say that, but that's enough detail. Long discourses and swearing are certainly not needed or appropriate.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
OldBoar #879785 13/08/23 09:29 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OldBoar
Please stop with the bull@#($* representation. Your DEI doesnt fit here. I suppose we should have a character in a wheelchair too, yeah? That would make a GREAT adventurer.
Since you mentioned, I want to play a character in a wheelchair now

In a 3.5 campaign we had a character in a custom wheelchair for their mermaid character, had a tartan blanket over it to cover the tank of water and permanent 2 inch levitation spell built into it. It was choice

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Watching someone meet a spoiler-y character in Act 2 who is very human and unambiguously chubby (even has double-chin), so it's not as far fetched as some folks have claimed.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I really enjoy the Kultiran race in WoW and the Thicc Druid in Diablo. And I main Gragas in LoL, so yes.. I'd love this too smile

journeyman
journeyman
if there are actual, living breathing HUMAN BEINGS living among us, in our green earth, that can be fat and at the same time play sports at the highest level(pros)...
then i bet my sweet behind that there are fat people in a fantasy setting that can be or are adventurers. so stop it.
they should add more body types.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Watching on a stream, I've seen 1 non-antagonist regular fat dwarf selling incense in Baldur's Gate (the city) wearing regular clothes. So it's definitely coded into the game, I just don't get why they won't let us play fat.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by EnzeruAnimeFan
Watching on a stream, I've seen 1 non-antagonist regular fat dwarf selling incense in Baldur's Gate (the city) wearing regular clothes. So it's definitely coded into the game, I just don't get why they won't let us play fat.

Because it takes a lot more work to make sure that the player animations will all work with yet another body type and skeleton and all of that, and that's a lot of work going into something only a small portion of players will profess to want, and they probably also accurately guessed that if they let people play fat and then factored that into the in-game weight system that determines stuff like fall damage and damage inflicted by things falling on top of other things, people would twist it into some kind of fat-shaming thing and there truly is no winning in that horse-race until the year 2197 AD, so it really was just a simpler and safer decision not to bother?

That's my guess, anyway.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard