Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
This has probably been asked before, but: is anyone aware of confirmation for release of accessible creation tools for fans to build entire campaigns (maps, scenes, dialogue + voice, skill checks etc.) with?
If BG3 could become somewhat of the new NWN in terms of fan-made modules, that would be great news.

("Persistent worlds" probably would not work due to the game probably not being able to handle multiple combats taking place at different places on a map, or even handling multiple maps simultaneously at all, right?)

veteran
veteran
I believe the answer here is no.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
endolex Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I believe the answer here is no.

Yeah, just saw the link to answer my own question. Unfortunate. https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/dm-tool

addict
addict
I believe his point was that:

A. Creating easy to use tools would be a high cost investment that Larian didn't have the money to build.
B. Creating assets as a modder would be a huge time/cost investment.

However, if you are just reusing existing assets. Maps, buildings, characters, etc. you can probably mod an adventure into what exists.

A fun little self contained mystery in the city might be fun. Or a battle Royal in the underdark with players dropped on opposite ends of the map.

Back from timeout.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Hello, can you clarify something for me? I read that there won't be a "DM Mode" for BG3, but are we talking about the same thing? If I understand correctly, we won't have that "integrated" tool within the game like Divinity: Original Sin 2 had, okay, got it... but does that mean we have to give up on adding "modules" like (for those who remember) "Neverwinter Nights," for example? In other words, not a separate game mode, but the ability to create our own adventures using the BG3 engine and then offer them as standalone adventures for the community?

It might still be early to have definite answers on this, but if anyone knows more, I'd appreciate any information on the subject!

addict
addict
As far as I know we won't get a DM mode and we won't get map creation tools.

Now, we will get mod tools, e.g. model exporter, etc. and we will be able to mod the game to some extent. We won't be able to create entirely new adventures or even just maps like it NWN.
That's at least my understanding.

veteran
veteran
Larian have said BG3 will not have creation tools or DM mode and left it at that. They didn't mention plans for the future in that regard either so it's probably safe to assume they won't be making it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard