Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I need help whit my build, basicly i whant to be the face of the party as I am the leader.

I whant to do be in melee and do ok damage, it does not have to be mindblowing OP. But I do whant to be good at speaking. And this is my thoughts.

HIgh Points

The Dark Urge
Story (i whant to be an evil basterd)

Zariel Tiefling
At Level 3: searing smite spell
At Level 5: branding smite melee spell
Hellish Resistance

Barbarian L3
Level 1 - Rage (Action)
Level 2 - Reckless Attack (Action)
Level 3 - Additional Rage Charge (Class Feature)
Level 3 - Pick Subclass (Berserker)

Paladin L8
Skills: Intimidation, Persuasion
Level 1 - Pick a Paladin Oath (Oathbreaker)
Level 2 - Divine Smite (Action)
Level 2 - Fighting Style - Great Weapon Fighting
Level 3 - Divine Health (Class Feature)
Level 4 - Feat - Great Weapon Master
Level 5 - Extra Attack (Class Feature)
Level 6 - Aura of Protection (Class Feature)
Level 7 - Aura of Hate (Subclass Feature)
Level 8 - Ability Score Increase

Sorcerer L1
Cantrip - Friends
Skills: Deception
Spell Slots: 2 Level 1 Slots (i will just use them for more smites)

What i know is that i am forsaking one ability score increase.

what do you think?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I would say take action economy over raw damage, that build will do a lot...... but you would get slaughtered in one round as you need fo be able to down 2-3 enemies a turn, or lock them down. Better alternative to consider

-Fighter (2): Great Weapon Fighting [quarter staff]

Warlock (4) [fiend], pact of the blade, (use charisma) [keep strength at 10]
[FEAT: Druid magic, take Shiegeth, and Vinewhip

Oathbreaker 6: taking great weapon master.

This build is better as quarter staff with Sheligeth will scale higher. Warlock gives you eldritch blast for pushing enemies of cliffs. Old one gives you temp health every time you kill an enemy. Works well with durge as they get the invisibility cloak 2hich makes your mauling hits have advantage. Super tanky and can destroy every encounter.

Last edited by AusarViled; 06/08/23 04:45 AM. Reason: Error corrected
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm not the best person to comment on the power of the build (seems good in the end but kind of guessing with gear and such), but are you planning to level in this order? Barb 3 -> Pal 8 -> Sorc 1? If so you won't get an extra attack until char level 8. I'm not sure what the optimal order is for multiclassing organically though. Probably makes more sense to be single class something until higher level then respec.

Edit: The Great Old One does not give +HP on kill, that's The Fiend...

Last edited by Shai Hulud; 06/08/23 04:38 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Shai Hulud
I'm not the best person to comment on the power of the build (seems good in the end but kind of guessing with gear and such), but are you planning to level in this order? Barb 3 -> Pal 8 -> Sorc 1? If so you won't get an extra attack until char level 8. I'm not sure what the optimal order is for multiclassing organically though. Probably makes more sense to be single class something until higher level then respec.

Your right, I just fixed if thanks. I should get some sleep. Been awake for 25 hours

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Shai Hulud

The leveling order is not set in stone but Sorc L1 will most likely be at L2 because I want to be able to be ta face of the grupp fast

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by AusarViled
but you would get slaughtered in one round as you need fo be able to down 2-3 enemies a turn

Way? I will be playing thit a full team.

Explain yourself, please?

And yes, I have looked at fighter, for action surge. Byt i what I what skill and cantrip Sorcerer provades.

Last edited by Karrgoot; 06/08/23 06:38 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Karrgoot
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by AusarViled
but you would get slaughtered in one round as you need fo be able to down 2-3 enemies a turn

Way? I will be playing thit a full team.

Explain yourself, please?

And yes, I have looked at fighter, for action surge. Byt i what I what skill and cantrip Sorcerer provades.

Oh your planning a party run? You said your running durge, that origin is mostly meant for solo as you gain power by killing and betraying people [according to Swen], your build will do fine of you got a party, as your party can compensate for the lack of utility such as knockbacks, heals, buffing and debuffing

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Remember rage locks out spell casting.

apprentice
apprentice
Unfortunately Barbarian and Paladin are not a good multiclass combo, and pushing 2 attacks per round from level 5 to level 8 will be painful for fighter classes as leveling tends to slow down after 5. Traditionally Paladins match best with warlock, bard and sorcerer. Barbarian would be good with Druid, but that combo is not usually built on charisma so will be more difficult to be the face of the party.

Honestly the Paladin does not even require to be multiclassed as its one of the most powerful classes in 5E. If you want to multiclass the pally I would recommend starting as paladin to level 6 (7 for Oath of Ancients) and then take a dip in your other class if you were looking for more abilities or spell slots. Level 6 paladin gets you the aura so that's typically the must have level for pallies.

@Karrgoot May i ask first what your thought process was behind your class choices?
Why did you take those specific classes? is it because you really want some levels of berserker and a sorcerer level for a specific reason?

Link Copied to Clipboard