Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Qia Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So, the last update killed running multiple instances of the game to create your own custom party.

Can we get this back please?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Qia
So, the last update killed running multiple instances of the game to create your own custom party.

Can we get this back please?

It did? How so?

I heard someone say they can still run multiple instances of the game. In EA, you could start a LAN session then run bg3.exe to open another instance of the game and join the multiplayer session. Now it doesn't seem to work. I've been struggling with this for hours, but cannot replicate what I did in EA. That said, I can't even get mods to work, so I just might not be good at this.

W
veteran
veteran
W
The OP was right. The latest hotfix broke this feature. My first playthrough is with two characters, but I can’t start a new run using the multiple instances technique.

If you have two controllers, you can create two characters with local co-op, but there is no way to make a full custom party at the moment.

Luckily, I like the companions way more than I thought I would, but it’s still a bummer.

veteran
veteran
Why won't they just let players create 4 custom characters in character creation? The UI is there already.

Is it so horrible people want to play their own characters in D&D instead of Larian's characters?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Should never have had to run multiple instances of the game to do this in the first place. Larian just don't trust players to play outside of the box.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi, we already have a thread on this over at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=878249 that folk can add to, so I'll lock this duplicate to avoid multiple disccusions on the same topic.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Link Copied to Clipboard