Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#877108 09/08/23 05:56 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
What does it mean when it says "Steam Cloud Out of Date" next to my BG3 on Steam? Does this mean I'm not cross saving? I know I made a few changes when it was released as I couldn't save any games.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
It means you were missing inet when you saved. I think you can fix this by right clicking the game in the left menu.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you. But what is "inet"? Is that a typo. Sorry, but despite having "right clicked", going to "Properties" and then enabling the Steam Cloud switch, I still have this message.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
None of this matters now greatly, but in a week or so I'll be getting a new PC. So I will need the cross-saves to be operational then.

veteran
veteran
cross saves are controlled by Larians sever witch stopped working about 2 mins into launch day

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I thought that Steam cloud saves and Larian cross-saves were different things. The latter was causing problems and was disabled in a hotfix, but I thought the former should still work if enabled, which is on the General tab in the Steam settings for the game.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok, thanks guys. I have Steam Cloud enabled so that's a tick. For the cross saves I'll just have to wait for Larian to sort it out and hope that they do so in the next week or so. The "Steam Cloud Out of Date" message remains a mystery.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
inet is short for internet

Anyhow, I've seen Steam do this when your computer loses internet and you quit a game.

Last edited by JustMeHere; 11/08/23 12:47 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard