Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lumign Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
No bulked-up version of Githyanki is unfortunate. The default ones look too fragile.

Also there is no slim dwarf, or short half-orc, etc...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Tieflings have it, too, but those are humans too, technically.
That said I do agree that there's a lack of options there.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I will go even further, 4 body styles is just to limiting. A lot of RPGs have done it where you can use sliders to change the build to create a short fat cleric or wizard as well as the tall muscle bound warrior.

As for the various races, I know it would be a lot of work but I would love to see the sliders have limits based on race. A dwarf for example should only be so tall and so slim. A fat elf should be about normal build for most other races.

veteran
veteran
Sliders can result in deformed or weird looks so I'm ok with Larian's choice of not including them. Quality is much more important than variety.

That said, the buff body type being a gorilla with a funny walk is way over the top of course.. Larian style. A buff adventurer should be like Conan the Barbarian instead of a steroid all-neck gorilla who can't walk or climb normally anymore. I couldn't use the buff model for my Str based Elf Fighter because of how absolutely ridiculous it is. If I can't use it for a Str based warrior, who can I use it for?

journeyman
journeyman
i wanted to RP as a skinny skinny mage... but i can either be "normal" ripped or extremely buff and ripped.

i guess some people would like the play a fighter on the heavy side and there is no option about that either (LarIaN arE yOu FaTPhOBIC? i had to say it :p cuz they were too fast to pamper the kids crying about the tadpole being way to aggressive in its seduction method originally and changed the whole scenario about it)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Sliders can result in deformed or weird looks so I'm ok with Larian's choice of not including them. Quality is much more important than variety.

That said, the buff body type being a gorilla with a funny walk is way over the top of course.. Larian style. A buff adventurer should be like Conan the Barbarian instead of a steroid all-neck gorilla who can't walk or climb normally anymore. I couldn't use the buff model for my Str based Elf Fighter because of how absolutely ridiculous it is. If I can't use it for a Str based warrior, who can I use it for?
Looks like someone hasn't used the "randomize" option yet, no - really, go ahead and try it out and see what sort of abominations you can create, already.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am actually more disappointed at the voice choices, but thats a problem most RPGs have. Why is it always that your character gets these very average 20-30 years voice as option. Want to play an old wizard, sry his voice will be same like in his younger years. Want to play a dwarf, no scottish accent for you. Playing my half-orc, sorry no deep more grizzling voice for you. Closest I got in this departement so far were the options in Pathfinder, where I could at least decide if the mc was more of a jokster, stupidly brave/righteous, devious or more on the clever sounding side. At that point let the mc just grunt and hiah his way through Ferun like Link in Hyrule.

Link Copied to Clipboard