Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
For some reason when picking a dialogue that would show approval or disapproval, it appears for less than half a second before disappearing. I'm not sure if this is a common issue since or before the hotfix, this never happened before it was updated yesterday.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
+1.
It’s not by design, probably a bug.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
+1

Clearly a bug and needs fixing, for example it happens with the Owlbear mother and the Githyanki patrol. I sometimes record a video and play it back in slow-mo just to see who liked what grin

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm going to move this one to the Technical & Gameplay Problems subforum as I agree it must be a bug. I haven't worked out if there's a pattern as to when it happens and when it doesn't yet (it does seem intermittent). Has anyone else?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I've seen this happen once or twice myself. More like 1/10th of a second.

stranger
stranger
Yep, adding on that since launch it was doing the same for me up until yesterday. For some reason today it has been working fine. Then again I was also getting an issue with trying to skip text and getting a message in the corner with a <b> in it, as if it was just open code. But today that is also gone.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yeah, PLEASE fix this. This usually happens when the game changes from world to dialog, dialog to cutscene, or cutscene to world. It disappears within a fraction of a second.

Last edited by Daniel213; 11/08/23 09:59 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
+ same observation / experience here

V
stranger
stranger
V
Same here as well.

And since there is no log message either from what I can see it does make very difficult to keep track of companion reactions.

D
stranger
stranger
D
+1.
It wasn't like this prior to version 4.1.1.3624901, so it's definitely a bug. Also, it doesn't appear to happen 100% of the time, sometimes it disappears almost instantly, other times it's completely normal.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Fingers crossed this is now fixed, based on patch 1 notes saying "Fixed dialogue notifications, like approval ratings and roll results, disappearing too early."

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Link Copied to Clipboard