Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
HZM Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I missed that staff in the arcane tower it seems, only found the glaive. Will have to go back for it.
It's in the basement which is easy to miss if you don't read the description of the orange ring you loot at the top of the tower.

M
M
Originally Posted by Mungrul
A green that's available in act 1, and easy to ignore, is Melf's First Staff. It's a +1 weapon that allows you to cast Melf's Acid Arrow, which is okay. But the real killer is that it has a +1 bonus to Spell Save DC and spell attack rolls.
This makes it stronger than a lot of later staves that on first inpection look better. Stick it on Gale along with The Protecty Sparkswall robe which also adds +1 to Spell Save DC and a shield that also has the same buff. Job done. This is early-game kit you'll struggle to replace later on because the basic bonus is just so damn good.

There's a maul which would also be legendary if its main effect wasn't broken: Hamarhraft.
I read the description and thought it would be perfect for my very jumpy Karlach, but unfortunately, the advertised bonus doesn't trigger:
Shockwave: When the wearer jumps, they deal 1d4 Thunder damage in a 3m radius upon landing.
Gods, how I want this one to work. Massive hammers with awesome inpacts are my absolute favourite fantasy weapons. I adored hammer in MHW and I've been using hammer on my GW2 Warrior since launch.

I did recently get Corpsegrinder, which is okay, but its effect recharges on a short rest. If Hamarhaft was working properly, that would trigger on every jump.

That maul does work, but it's a passive you need to toggle on and off. It's a bit of a nuisance because if you're not careful about turning it off, you'll end up doing damage as you're just jumping around the world.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard