Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I just updated to hotfix 4. When I loaded the game I was not in the place I was when I saved and quit earlier. I went into load save and the last two quick saves that I made are greyed out. When I try to click on them I can't. I have the option to delete them but that's it. Now this isn't the biggest problem in the world because they were relatively recent saves and it's not going to kill me to go back and do some stuff again. I just thought I'd post here letting people know that my last two saves don't work after the hot fix this afternoon.

Shaolin Stoner
T
stranger
stranger
T
yeah, they have rolled back hot fix 4.... so any saves made with it are currently 'incompatible', until presumably we get a re-release of hot fix 4, or a new hot fix 5.

a rollback is fine, im sure it was necessary, but Larian really should communicate this... with a timescale for its replacement.
its caused a lot of confusion, as its just been done quietly with no word from them
and some of us need to know, do we suck it up and go back to an old save .. or just wait for the re-release?
(i.e. are we talking hours or days?)

veteran
veteran
They're aware and working on resolving it as soon as possible as they had to revert the hotfix partially.

It's no big deal for me personally, will just wait until it's fixed.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I second this. An estimated timeline would be appreciated, or barring that, a simple way to recover the incompatible save would be nice.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Same problem. Last available save is 56 minutes earlier. No way im starting again.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Would be awsome if they could just add a dummy build with the hotfix 3 game files that could accept loading up hotfix 4 save files

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same I got two updates today and all the save files between them are no longer functional after the second update came through.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, would really appreciate some communication when they do this. I just lost an hour of progress.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hope everyone submitted their trouble tickets.

T
stranger
stranger
T
They should really post a message about this...If I didn't come to the forum to look for an answer (I suppose many people won't), I would have been devastated about my saves today...

R
stranger
stranger
R
Arg, had gotten Halsin in my party finally, and started act 3. Now he's gone frown
Fingers crossed for a saved game fix.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Steam has this info modified on hotfix 4 release notes:
NOTICE: Due to a build error causing new crashes, we’ve rolled back Hotfix 4 for the time being. We'll re-release it as soon as we’ve fixed the cause.

If you’ve saved since updating, you won’t be able to load those saves until we’ve re-published Hotfix 4. You can keep playing on your Hotfix 3 saves, you just won't be able to load saves from today’s Hotfix 4 until it’s pushed live again. Sorry about the inconvenience

(8/16/23 @ 3:40pm PDT)

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
apprentice
apprentice
Oof, kinda glad that I didn't have time to do BG3 yesterday. Hope everyone didn't lose too much progress!

C
stranger
stranger
C
This sucks so much!
Tried to play today but when i pressed continue the game loaded a save that sett med back over 3 hours.

Larian you have to fix this,Not cool that patches ruin the saves you have.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yes agreed, one sentence to give us an estimated timeline (like X hours or X days) would be great!
In the meantime I can rekindle with Diablo IV which I have completely neglected since BG3 final release laugh

S
stranger
stranger
S
It's really annoying... I won't do the
[/spoiler]Katheric fight[spoiler]
again.... not because it was too difficult, but because I don't want to do something in the matrix again and again that has already happened once. That's why I don't reload a single save, no matter how the fight at the end or a dialogue turns out. Fix this fast please...

T
stranger
stranger
T
I lost 4 hours worth of saves yesterday. It would be VERY nice if Larian would at least post a note on the steam page that they are aware of this problem and are working on it.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Twig
I lost 4 hours worth of saves yesterday. It would be VERY nice if Larian would at least post a note on the steam page that they are aware of this problem and are working on it.
I do not know what steam page you want, but there is a steam page where exactly that has been done:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/6199820457255582872

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
R
stranger
stranger
R
I waited overnight to see if it would be updated again, but it hasn't been. Can you please re-release this as a branch build? This is insane. I'm not going to redo several hours of playing when I don't have that kind of time to put towards games every evening. Guess we just don't get to play until whenever this gets fixed. It's better to be able to choose to play with crashes I probably won't encounter than not be able to play at all.

Edit: the very least you could do is allow people to manually download the patch. That costs you nothing.

Last edited by Retrac47; 17/08/23 12:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, the patch 4 debacle feels like a weird decision.

Because it crashed some games, the decision was to roll it back, which basically crashed every game. I would understand if they knew it could be fixed quickly and pushed immediately back out, but it's been a while without an eta. This is definitely souring the experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard